Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman accuses three men of rape after drunken romp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Falsely accusing someone of rape should carry the same sentence as rape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Red Hand wrote: »
    Be like a couple of people in Listowel a few years ago where they publicly shook hands with the defendent just minutes after conviction cause he was from a respectable family.

I get angry just thinking about that case. :mad: Sadly it was a lot more than a couple of people. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

py2006 wrote: »
    No offence, but I am sure you know full well what a slapper is.

If you genuinely want a definition from me I would define one as a cheap, sleazy tacky girl who would have a sexual encounter with pretty much any guy she comes in contact with.

I detect an unpleasant undertone to some posts in this thread. I get the impression that there is an attempt to to turn this into a men v woman thread again.
    That was likely the intention in the first place. It should just be about how these three guys had their lives ruined by a complete wagon and how thankfully now though there is justice and hopefully awareness will be created. but it's After Hours, so sadly that can never happen - and there have been "she should get raped"/"no harm if she gets raped" comments; "slapper" only applicable to promiscuous women as you say yourself - if the acts which "slappers" engage in are so disgusting, well... they're not doing it alone; the way you say "women like this" - false accusations of rape may be monopolised by women but look at the Louis Walsh case.
    It's you who's turning it into men versus women.

I'm delighted these men's names have been cleared though and that woman is facing consequences for the terrible thing she did. Hopefully she is very remorseful and hopefully the men's lives won't be messed up by "no smoke without fire" crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    People are waiting for this kind of thing to happen to spout their hatred and make out like it happens all the time and we need to be suspicious of every woman who reports a rape when we wouldn't do the same for victims of other crimes. It's deeply depressing.

I don't think it's hate that they're spouting anytime a topic like this pops up against all rape victims. I think it's just anger that people like this woman exist.

I think rape is probably one of the harder crimes to prove since technically speaking, it's horrifying and some victims may never speak at all, or even if they do it'll be weeks or months later so it's kinda hard to prove.
    And since the courts do generally favour the women (which I will never understand why), it muddles things for actual women that are victims. Like a girl I knew was afraid to go forward with the case for months because her family felt she was lying about it since it took her a few months to come out about it.

I think it's mostly just anger at the law and how it treats women.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Have to agree. I know people who believe this are the minority but they're there.

Yes, women wrongly accuse men of rape (and this woman was very wrong in this case and deserved the punishment) but a vast majority don't. Those men who've been found innocent aren't always innocent and those who've been found guilty aren't always so either.

I'd presume, like all crimes, that most of the victims are telling the truth but some are liars. Why is rape the exception? Why tarnish all the genuine cases (again, the vast vaaaaast majority) with the actions of a few lunatics? We don't do that with other crimes. Seems to happen a fair bit round here.

People are waiting for this kind of thing to happen to spout their hatred and make out like it happens all the time and we need to be suspicious of every woman who reports a rape when we wouldn't do the same for victims of other crimes. It's deeply depressing.
    There aren't that many other crimes where it's necessary to take the victims word that it happened and they are often treated with suspicion.

I don't agree that people are waiting to vent outrage either, they simply are outraged.

The tone in the thread is quite misogynistic though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I don't think anybody suggested that. If anything, its these disgraceful women that makes things very difficult for genuine victims.

I agree this doesn't happen everyday but it has happened quite a lot before and will happen again.

Being falsely accused of any crime is very traumatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Will probably accuse a prison officer or another female inmate of the same when the spotlight shines off her, just for kicks like.

Should be thrown in an isolated cell with her porridge slid in under the door.
    No one is safe from a person like that. Everybody she will ever come in contact with is a potential victim, even when she's a pensioner.

Most likely she was an insecure little drama queen as a kid, tantrums for attention, making stuff up about other kids, pretending the dog bit her etc.
    A very sad individual indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

It's the same crap for men with rape culture, I have to put up with this ****e when I go outside with my young daughter, people viewing me suspiciously because apparently all men are potential rapists and paedophiles.

Yes it is depressing.

Madam_X wrote: »
    That was likely the intention in the first place. It should just be about how these three guys had their lives ruined by a complete wagon and how thankfully now though there is justice and hopefully awareness will be created. but it's After Hours, so sadly that can never happen - and there have been "she should get raped"/"no harm if she gets raped" comments; "slapper" only applicable to promiscuous women as you say yourself - if the acts which "slappers" engage in are so disgusting, well... they're not doing it alone; the way you say "women like this" - false accusations of rape may be monopolised by women but look at the Louis Walsh case.
    It's you who's turning it into men versus women.

Now hold on a second. Firstly, I never referred to this woman as a 'slapper'. In fact I don't think it suits. I did offer a definition of the word as you requested. Also, that individual who suggested she should be raped is NOT something I agree with.

You are clearly trying to twist my words into being anti women. I am very much anti THIS particular woman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Thats what you take away from the OP?

Some bitch tries to wreck 3 peoples lives, shows no remorse, gets off VERY lightly and you are upset he called her a slapper?

He was being kind, I can think of more apt descriptions

I just hate the terms slut and slapper,always being used to judge and degrade women.

But I don't to distract from the thread any more, I did also say that she was a liar and a criminal if you missed that part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,391 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I think when a woman signals that she wants to do-the-fuc.kle-buck with you & two of your mates, you should sense that something could go awry.

+1, tag teaming a drunk girl with two of your mates kind of takes the romance out of it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I don't think it's hate that they're spouting anytime a topic like this pops up against all rape victims. I think it's just anger that people like this woman exist.

By saying she deserves to get raped?

By saying she deserves to get raped?

One poster doesn't mean it's what the majority think.

Quorum wrote: »
    Really? It's my observation that there is plenty of sympathy for the falsely accused men in this thread.

Not from the female posters, feel free to show me some. If you can show me three posts, before this one, from a feminist poster condemning the woman and sympathising with the 3 victims I'll accept your point.

That should be relatively easy seeing as there 105 posts and there is "plenty of sympathy"

Not from the female posters, feel free to show me some. If you can show me three posts, before this one, from a feminist poster condemning the woman and sympathising with the 5 victims I'll accept your point.

That should be relatively easy seeing as there 105 posts and there is "plenty of sympathy"

5 victims? Wha?
    Okay but what defines a feminist to you? That would be something we need to know so we can pick some posts out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

On these types of threads the feminist posters on this site or quite possibly the misandrists show little sympathy for the male victims but on a female rape thread they are outraged and quick to give thanks to people who condemn the male perpetrator. Just an observation

Can you point out the posts which show little sympathy for the men in this case?

I recall a time were I was falsely accused of theft. It angered and upset me immensely and I lost a lot of sleep over it. It haunted me over the years until I later found out that the person (who I suspected) was fired from the job for theft in other areas.

I could not imagine what being falsely accused of rape would do to a man. :(

Now hold on a second. Firstly, I never referred to this woman as a 'slapper'. In fact I don't think it suits. I did offer a definition of the word as you requested. Also, that individual who suggested she should be raped is NOT something I agree with.

You are clearly trying to twist my words into being anti women. I am very much anti THIS particular woman.

You did say 'slapper' was a mild term though. In my book, it's not.

5 victims? Wha?
    Okay but what defines a feminist to you? That would be something we need to know so we can pick some posts out first.

Or just female either, I don't mind. I'm just saying there is a scarcity of sympathy being shown for these men from the opposite gender

Quorum wrote: »
    You did say 'slapper' was a mild term though. In my book, it's not.

That was in response to the poster who felt this women should not be called that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I recall a time were I was falsely accused of theft. It angered and upset me immensely and I lost a lot of sleep over it. It haunted me over the years until I later found out that the person (who I suspected) was fired from the job for theft in other areas.

It's a horrible thing to do. Can't imagine that anyone who does something like that is right in the head, tbh. I seriously can't picture trying to destroy someone's life without having something seriously the matter with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Or just female either, I don't mind. I'm just saying there is very little sympathy being shown for these men from the opposite gender

You do know "feminist" and "female" are not synonyms, right? And when someone goes on the attack calling the woman "a slapper who gangbanged" those guys in the opening post, it's not really surprising when female posters go on the defence. Another poster saying the girl deserves to be raped doesn't help to calm that defensive reaction either. It doesn't mean the women posting have no sympathy with the men involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

It could end up with him being murdered.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77379917&postcount=1

kevmol88 wrote: »

Oh I remember reading that. That was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Or just female either, I don't mind. I'm just saying there is a scarcity of sympathy being shown for these men from the opposite gender

Here you go - missed my one...
    csi vegas wrote: »
    Will probably accuse a prison officer or another female inmate of the same when the spotlight shines off her, just for kicks like.

Should be thrown in an isolated cell with her porridge slid in under the door.
    No one is safe from a person like that. Everybody she will ever come in contact with is a potential victim, even when she's a pensioner.

Most likely she was an insecure little drama queen as a kid, tantrums for attention, making stuff up about other kids, pretending the dog bit her etc.
    A very sad individual indeed.

I have to agree with Millie as per usual on this.
    Look, just because the women aren't jumping and screaming like a pack of monkeys for the head of the woman doesn't mean they don't feel sorry for the men.

It doesn't make a feminist a feminist just because she's a woman who got more offended by comments calling to rape the woman as a punishment.
    It makes them people that have a better idea of punishment than people who think rape is a suitable punishment.

Not from the female posters, feel free to show me some. If you can show me three posts, before this one, from a feminist poster condemning the woman and sympathising with the 3 victims I'll accept your point.

Here you go:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80835008&postcount=37

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80835196&postcount=44

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80836137&postcount=55

That was easy.

Can you point out the posts which show little sympathy for the men in this case?

Indeed. Show us three posts that little sympathy for the falsely accused men. Only then your point will be accepted, using your own guidelines. ;)

Millicent wrote: »
    You do know "feminist" and "female" are not synonyms, right? And when someone goes on the attack calling the woman "a slapper who gangbanged" those guys in the opening post, it's not really surprising when female posters go on the defence. Another poster saying the girl deserves to be raped doesn't help to calm that defensive reaction either. It doesn't mean the women posting have no sympathy with the men involved.

I have read the whole thread, and there is one post from a known female poster who says "No excuse at all for what she did".

That is the extent of the sympathy being shown by female posters have for the 3 men.

The op was clearly annoyed, he called her an offensive word, surely people have a right to be upset with her. No need to derail the bloody thread and completely avoid the main issue by debating the definition of a slapper

• Advertisement

That was in response to the poster who felt this women should not be called that.

I don't believe she should, mainly because it's not really relevant and actually detracts from the terrible thing she did, IMO.

Advertisement