Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman accuses three men of rape after drunken romp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Will this be a record if she does try to falsely accuse again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

longshanks wrote: »
    It's almost as if you're glad this happened OP, as it gives you a reason to go off on your own little rant.

MaxSteele is certainly glad !

I know a guy who at 18, was compensated enough money to set himself up for life due to an amputation of his leg he received as a child because of a freak accident.

Brings a mot home one night, shags her. Then by coincidence of course, she presses charges of rape against him (which were luckily proved to be false) as soon as she discovers his bank balance. The bitch got off scott free regardless.

Delighted on behalf of the those three lads. Now that heartless c*nt can wallow in her own piss and shi*e in a 6 x 8 cell. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

Will this be a record if she does try to falsely accuse again?

Probably, but in that case you could end up with some devious type seeing her as fair game for rape and he would more than likele get away with it because her case will be viewed with suspicion.
    Still, probably serves her right if it were to happen. It would teach her a lesson at least. No excuse for what she did.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

mackg wrote: »
    I assume she will be put on the sex offenders list.
    Why?

she offended sex by dismissing it as rape

Probably, but in that case you could end up with some devious type seeing her as fair game for rape and he would more than likele get away with it because her case will be viewed with suspicion.
    Still, probably serves her right if it were to happen. No excuse for what she did.

I wouldn't say she deserves her future (really) cases of rape to be doubted if some rapist targeted her. But I would like more doubt to applied when stories don't match.

What does annoy me most is that the system is fecked up. I knew a girl that was physically beaten, wound up in the ER and raped and your man got away with it.
    It's funny how the guilty are set free and the innocent put in jail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Still, probably serves her right if it were to happen. No excuse for what she did.
    No excuse at all for what she did - that is certainly true. But no, it wouldn't serve her right if she was raped. Wtf?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I wonder would the cops or anyone else take her seriously if she was unfortunate enough to be raped in the future? Boy who cries wolf and all that...

Those men are very, very lucky. Their lives could have been completely ruined, and in a minor way they will still be tarnished. Even though they have been completely exonorated, there will still be idiots who will be thinking "no smoke without fire" or some such nonsense. At least though, they will have a clean conscience and officially they have been cleared.

It is also damaging to genuine rape victims for people like her to be making false accusations. It makes genuine claims come under more scrutiny than they should. And it is due to this scrutiny that many rape victims remain silent; they fear the questions they will be asked and of course equally fear that they will not be believed. So many people suffer silently through the trauma of rape and this should not happen. They have been violated and degraded and deserve to have everyone supporting them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

She should have gotten a sentence in line with what the men would have got if they were guilty

I dunno about that, other than to make some people feel better about these things, it doesn't make much sense to sentence somebody for lying to the same prison time as an actual rapist. Imo

Look at it this way, she was quite willing to send three men to jail for x years each say, why not give her the punishment of attempted rape, that makes sense IMO.

Probably, but in that case you could end up with some devious type seeing her as
    fair game for rape and he would more than likele get away with it because her
    case will be viewed with suspicion.
    Still, probably serves her right if it
    were to happen. It would teach her a lesson at least. No excuse for what she
    did.
    Madam_X wrote: »
    No excuse at all for what she did - that is certainly true. But no, it wouldn't serve her right if she was raped. Wtf?!!

I'm not saying it is morally right, it's not. But all i'm saying that if she was raped in the future it would be a fitting punishment to teach her a lesson.

While it is wrong and I don't condone it, a devious rapist may prey on her becasue he knows he wil get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MrGeneric

It's funny how the guilty are set free and the innocent put in jail.

Not particularly. It's just symptomatic of an imperfect system. Some get punished unfairly, while others avoid deserved punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Like someone said above, I think they're are a few posters who were just itching to find something like this.

But all i'm saying that if she was raped in the future it would be a fitting punishment to teach her a lesson.

How can you even begin to think that?
    Did you happen to watch the Amazon episode of Futurama and think death by snu-snu is actually fun?

How can even think rape is a good thing even as a punishment?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

What a stupid little bitch, No man will touch her now anyway. I detest women like this, so flippant about destroying two mens lives just because she regretted sleeping with them, You cant just decide someone raped you?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Detective Constable Gina Farrell led the investigation for Nottinghamshire Police and slammed Dodd after the hearing...

kind of hard to resist after hearing how easy she is...

How can you even begin to think that?
    Did you happen to watch the Amazon episode of Futurama and think death by snu-snu is actually fun?

How can even think rape is a good thing even as a punishment?

I didn't say that it would be a good punishment. I said a devious type may see her as fair game and want to teach her a lesson by raping her. It's wrong, but I can see how someone would think that. But it's still illegal and i would not condone it at all.

I didn't say that it would be a good punishment. I said a devious type may see her as fair game and want to teach her a lesson by raping her. It's wrong, but I can see how someone would think that. But it's still illegal and i would not condone it at all.

You just said: "But all i'm saying that if she was raped in the future it would be a fitting punishment to teach her a lesson."!

How's that the same as "well some sick fúck of a rapist might be trying to teach her a lesson by raping her"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Gauss wrote: »
    Look at it this way, she was quite willing to send three men to jail for x years each say, why not give her the punishment of attempted rape, that makes sense IMO.

+∞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Perhaps. But it wouldn't serve her right.

I agree but what does serve this type of woman right?

py2006 wrote: »

Jail? Named and shamed? Her head removed and put on a pike?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Sentencing that each of the men would have gotten (CUMULATIVE) , if each man would have gotten 10 years, then she should get 30.

• Advertisement

Its a difficult one. This certainly isn't the first case like this and it won't be the last. At least in this case the woman is punished but more often than not their anonymity is maintained while the men have been named and shamed until found innocent.

Jail sentence, hefty fine, community service - it's not like there aren't options.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Slapper goes out, loses control of herself, willingly shags three lads ..... wakes up regretting it so she accuses them of rape. After the lie is exposed and she is convicted she is only sentenced to 2 years in jail. Three lads have their life ruined and real rape victims will now be less willing to come forward.

If this mad women/bitch had have cut the 3 lads heads off and then claimed rape before the police had a chance to investigate certain people on this forum would say they deserved it. Maybe some of those folks on boards and else where who assume men accused of rape are automatically guilty will take note.

So After Hours is 2 years jail time enough?

Link

Calling her a slapper in your post is flaming the situation. The woman was wrong and it was an awful thing to do, no need to use the word slapper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

+1 on this. I know two men in my town who were accused of rape by two no good girls. One was a taxi driver who brought home a girl who was scuttered and because she couldn't get out of the car he assisted/pulled/lifted her out at her home. Apparently this is rape. Went to court and he was done for it but the whole damn town knows full well it was 100% bogus. He got a suspended sentence. I know this guy and he is a well respected person in my home town and I don't believe he would do this. Has been taxing for years.

Another issue in my home town was where a brother in law was accused of raping some drunk young wan. Same young wan is known for being the parish slapper and is from a no-good never worked a day in their life family. The chap spent six months or so in gaol. I don't belive he done it. He's a sound lad.

Both of these guys are respected members of the town and involved in the community but their names are now tarnished by being on the register. Somthing will have to be done about young wans accusing fellas of rape.

Do you seriously believe that 'respected members of the town' can't commit rape? Priests got away with it for years in this country.

Getting a rape conviction is notoriously hard in this country - 95% of rape claims never make it to court at all. There must have been sufficient physical evidence in order to to have secured a conviction for the second guy. Were you present in court to hear all the evidence or are you basing their innocence purely on the fact that you think they're 'sound'?

In relation to this story, there is no excuse for what this woman did. It's a shameful thing to put anyone through and she absolutely deserved to be prosecuted.
    Cases like these (which are, thankfully, rare enough) give ammunition to all those people who dismiss rapists as 'sound lads' and 'respected members of the town' and the victims as slappers. She's done a great disservice, both to the innocent men and to genuine victims of rape.

Calling her a slapper in your post is flaming the situation. The woman was wrong and it was an awful thing to do, no need to use the word slapper though.

Ehhh, what word would you use? :confused:

Admittedly its not a nice word, but in this case its rather fitting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

To be fair, it's a lot easier to get three guys into bed with a girl than it is to get three girls in bed with a guy.

So? Still doesn't make her a slapper? Who's judging? Are people not free to do what they want. I hate that godawful term and every judgement with it.

She is a liar and a criminal, that's proven, that's fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Apologies a seriously classy young woman doing the usual score on a night out in coppers.

godeas16 wrote: »
    Apologies a seriously classy young woman
    Well nobody's suggesting she's that either. It's not as if there's only one or the other.

I think slapper would be quite accurate. I usually use the term for a woman who has no moral issues with doing things that are sexual that many would have issues with (such as going after a married man)

I think it's safe to say most women would rather take the embarrassment of being with three fells than trying to ruin their lives because of the fact that she's ashamed of herself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Still, probably serves her right if it were to happen. It would teach her a lesson at least. No excuse for what she did.
    I'm not saying it is morally right, it's not. But all i'm saying that if she was raped in the future it would be a fitting punishment to teach her a lesson.

While it is wrong and I don't condone it, a devious rapist may prey on her becasue he knows he wil get away with it.

Je-sus!! :eek: Can't believe I just read that.

Advertisement