Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman accuses three men of rape after drunken romp

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

+1 on this. I know two men in my town who were accused of rape by two no good girls. One was a taxi driver who brought home a girl who was scuttered and because she couldn't get out of the car he assisted/pulled/lifted her out at her home. Apparently this is rape. Went to court and he was done for it but the whole damn town knows full well it was 100% bogus. He got a suspended sentence. I know this guy and he is a well respected person in my home town and I don't believe he would do this. Has been taxing for years.

Another issue in my home town was where a brother in law was accused of raping some drunk young wan. Same young wan is known for being the parish slapper and is from a no-good never worked a day in their life family. The chap spent six months or so in gaol. I don't belive he done it. He's a sound lad.

Both of these guys are respected members of the town and involved in the community but their names are now tarnished by being on the register. Somthing will have to be done about young wans accusing fellas of rape.

THose young wans sould be ashamed of themselves accusing fellas of rape. They are only out for the compo and a handy buck.

This is exactly what I hate about small town society.

'He was a good lad". "She was from a bad family".

Rapists aren't the stereotypical scumbags on the street, they are often people who feel superior and entitled and are from privileged families who feel that they can get away with it.

Do you ever think that's why they pick their victims from a bad/disadvantaged background. Because they're vulnerable?

They're hardly going to rape the GAA county chairman's daughter are they, because if its a well known respected family they know they have less chance of getting away with it and there will be repurcussions.

Rapists pick on the weak and vulnerable.

How do you know that taxi driver didn't rape her. HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW. He's hardly going to say he did did he.

Only the two of them will ever possibly know exactly what happened. Maybe you r lesson is not to judge by appearnces. People from 'good families' can do bad things. People from 'bad families' can be raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Aside from drunken sex with 3 different men in one night, there is the really serious and horrid issue of falsely accusing these men of a disgusting crime. Which has most likely ruined their lives and the lives of their families...

...am I right in reading some comments here saying that she shouldn't be given the mild name of "slapper"? I actually don't think that word applies to her in the case, I can't think the right word to be honest.

py2006 wrote: »
    Aside from drunken sex with 3 different men in one night, there is the really serious and horrid issue of falsely accusing these men of a disgusting crime. Which has most likely ruined their lives and the lives of their families...

...am I right in reading some comments here saying that she shouldn't be given the mild name of "slapper"? I actually don't think that word applies to her in the case, I can't think the right word to be honest.

I just don't get the word slapper. What's your description of it. A woman who sleeps with too many men? By who's book? Who's judging?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

+1 on this. I know two men in my town who were accused of rape by two no good girls. One was a taxi driver who brought home a girl who was scuttered and because she couldn't get out of the car he assisted/pulled/lifted her out at her home. Apparently this is rape. Went to court and he was done for it but the whole damn town knows full well it was 100% bogus. He got a suspended sentence. I know this guy and he is a well respected person in my home town and I don't believe he would do this. Has been taxing for years.

The whole damn town was in the car when it happened, were they? They should have told the court that and they wouldn't have found him guilty.
    Another issue in my home town was where a brother in law was accused of raping some drunk young wan. Same young wan is known for being the parish slapper and is from a no-good never worked a day in their life family. The chap spent six months or so in gaol. I don't belive he done it. He's a sound lad.

Both of these guys are respected members of the town and involved in the community but their names are now tarnished by being on the register. Somthing will have to be done about young wans accusing fellas of rape.

THose young wans sould be ashamed of themselves accusing fellas of rape. They are only out for the compo and a handy buck.

Class, status and "respectability" have not a damn thing to do with rape. Rape victims don't tend to get paid compo either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

I know this guy and he is a well respected person in my home town and I don't believe he would do this.
    Both of these guys are respected members of the town and involved in the community but their names are now tarnished by being on the register.

That proves it so!

• Advertisement

I just don't get the word slapper. What's your description of it. A woman who sleeps with too many men? By who's book? Who's judging?

No offence, but I am sure you know full well what a slapper is.

If you genuinely want a definition from me I would define one as a cheap, sleazy tacky girl who would have a sexual encounter with pretty much any guy she comes in contact with.

I detect an unpleasant undertone to some posts in this thread. I get the impression that there is an attempt to to turn this into a men v woman thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Meirleach

Gauss wrote: »
    Look at it this way, she was quite willing to send three men to jail for x years each say, why not give her the punishment of attempted rape, that makes sense IMO.
    My only worry with this, is that it would make ladies who falsely accused men of rape less likely to own up to it afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

On these types of threads the feminist posters on this site or quite possibly the misandrists show little sympathy for the male victims but on a female rape thread they are outraged and quick to give thanks to people who condemn the male perpetrator. Just an observation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

People can do whatever they want, pretty much, but let's be honest, doing certain stuff will earn you a certain title. It's not so much about judging, at least in my case, it just makes it easier to pin point where a person stands on my map of "Would I buy them a pint".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Falsely accusing someone of rape isn't as bad as raping someone and shouldn't get the same prison sentence.

Two years seems pretty fair to me, that's not a trivial sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I detect an unpleasant undertone to some posts in this thread. I get the impression that there is an attempt to to turn this into a men v woman thread again.

You're right. But it's not coming from the women.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Quorum wrote: »
    That proves it so!

Be like a couple of people in Listowel a few years ago where they publicly shook hands with the defendent just minutes after conviction cause he was from a respectable family.

Millicent wrote: »
    The whole damn town was in the car when it happened, were they? They should have told the court that and they wouldn't have found him guilty.

Class, status and "respectability" have not a damn thing to do with rape. Rape victims don't tend to get paid compo either.

It's actually really sad to read his last line 'they're only out for compo and a handy buck'.

Very very saddening :(. Thinking of girls I know who are on antidepressants six year later, and never fully get over what happened.

It's just a sad, sad world sometimes.

Imagine the horror of having something awful done to you, that you didnt ask for,dealing with that, and also the nightmare of people thinking you're crazy and making it up.

Something happened to me in a small town. One of my reasons for not reporting it was because his family were a better social standing than me, I knew he would have a lot of supporters and I thought no-one would believe me.:(

People knew something had happened though, and his friend laughed in my face once. Think of those girls in those small towns.

humbert wrote: »
    Falsely accusing someone of rape isn't as bad as raping someone and shouldn't get the same prison sentence.

Two years seems pretty fair to me, that's not a trivial sentence.

As much as I know that people are going to take this the wrong way:
    You get over and recover from being raped. You cannot get over a false accusation of being branded a rapist.

Meirleach wrote: »
    My only worry with this, is that it would make ladies who falsely accused men of rape less likely to own up to it afterwards.

Thats a good point. I believe women like this need to be severely punished for this kind of thing. Perhaps not on the same level as an actual rapist but certainly named and shamed, some sort of criminal record and jail term.

Ultimately, the more women that do this the harder they make things for genuine victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Let's not get into the gender BS.

The guys names are cleared and the woman is in jail so their lives aren't ruined.

She is an absolute scumbag, no question about that.

Justice prevailed in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

You get over and recover from being raped. You cannot get over a false accusation of being branded a rapist.
    I think you might have that the wrong way round.

humbert wrote: »
    I think you might have that the wrong way round.

I don't think so. It's very, very hard to live with the reputation of being a rapist (assuming you aren't one). Even if the woman does come forward X amount of time later you'll still be known as one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Is there a "right way" to take this? I'm having difficulty spotting it here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wow, that is the most retarded post I've read.

• Advertisement

B0jangles wrote: »
    Is there a "right way" to take this? I'm having difficulty spotting it here.

It's not that hard to follow.
    I got over being raped as a child. Now let's say you sleep with me, accuse me of rape and even if I'm not found guilty, I'm still being given the reputation of being a rapist.

Varied wrote: »

The guys names are cleared and the woman is in jail so their lives aren't ruined.

I think, if I was falsely accused of something as serious as this, the damage would be done. Their lives may not be ruined in terms of a criminal record and a sentence but it has to have a long term affect of mental health. Let alone, the instances were the tag carries with them for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Calling her a slapper in your post is flaming the situation. The woman was wrong and it was an awful thing to do, no need to use the word slapper though.
    Thats what you take away from the OP?

Some bitch tries to wreck 3 peoples lives, shows no remorse, gets off VERY lightly and you are upset he called her a slapper?

He was being kind, I can think of more apt descriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

But there are times when justice doesn't prevail, there needs to be a major deterrent to prevent this happening in the future, two years doesn't cut it.

The reason the garlic man got 6 years was because the judge wanted it to be a deterrent. This is a far worse crime, those 3 lads could of got 20 years in total for her lies, a minimum of 5 years

I think, if I was falsely accused of something as serious as this, the damage would be done. Their lives may not be ruined in terms of a criminal record and a sentence but it has to have a long term affect of mental health. Let alone, the instances were the tag carries with them for a long time.

I don't dispute that, but the sentence reflects the crime. Plus the lads names are cleared.

I detect an unpleasant overtone in a lot of the posts...

I don't dispute that, but the sentence reflects the crime. Plus the lads names are cleared.

That's assuming she serves the full 2 years.

I am not expert in this area, but I think in other cases the anonymity of the accuser is maintained even if found to be a liar. This case seems to be unusual in that they named her. or am I wrong here?

But there are times when justice doesn't prevail, there needs to be a major deterrent to prevent this happening in the future, two years doesn't cut it.

The reason the garlic man got 6 years was because the judge wanted it to be a deterrent. This is a far worse crime, those 3 lads could of got 20 years in total for her lies, a minimum of 5 years

Yea I agree, a higher sentence might've been a better deterrent.

The other thing this woman has done has made a bigger stigma out of genuine rape victims reporting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

It's actually really sad to read his last line 'they're only out for compo and a handy buck'.

Very very saddening :(. Thinking of girls I know who are on antidepressants six year later, and never fully get over what happened.

It's just a sad, sad world sometimes.

Have to agree. I know people who believe this are the minority but they're there.

Yes, women wrongly accuse men of rape (and this woman was very wrong in this case and deserved the punishment) but a vast majority don't. Those men who've been found innocent aren't always innocent and those who've been found guilty aren't always so either.

I'd presume, like all crimes, that most of the victims are telling the truth but some are liars. Why is rape the exception? Why tarnish all the genuine cases (again, the vast vaaaaast majority) with the actions of a few lunatics? We don't do that with other crimes. Seems to happen a fair bit round here.

People are waiting for this kind of thing to happen to spout their hatred and make out like it happens all the time and we need to be suspicious of every woman who reports a rape when we wouldn't do the same for victims of other crimes. It's deeply depressing.

• Advertisement

On these types of threads the feminist posters on this site or quite possibly the misandrists show little sympathy for the male victims but on a female rape thread they are outraged and quick to give thanks to people who condemn the male perpetrator. Just an observation

Really? It's my observation that there is plenty of sympathy for the falsely accused men in this thread.

Advertisement