Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pillars of Eternity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

God I'm terrible at this game. I'm playing on easy and keep getting killed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Krusader wrote: »

You're getting killed on Easy?

Are you sure your mouse is plugged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

What's your party made up of?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What's your party made up of?

...party?

Party is 2 x Ranger, priest, chanter and eder whatever he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Eder is a fighter, he's a capable tank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Two tanks if you are finding it hard, i tried most classes to raederic and i found my fighter + eder with any other team members is unkillable on normal (pause alot) so make sure to get two tanky guys recruit from an inn if you have to. just got a cipher in my group stuck it with a bow and dammmm ranged ciphers kick ass. also enjoying the crap out of this game.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    If that is the case, I'll continue to enjoy the games I got for a fraction of that price and wait for a while.

Awesome. What other Baldur's Gate remakes did you get for a fraction of the price? I'd love to play em.

(The game is pricey for a reason. It is targeting a demographic that were younger when the BG and IWD games were out that (most likely) have a bit more disposable income now.
    Also it's a huge game with thousands of lines of dialogue and a LOT of voice acting. It has at least 40 - 50 hours of gameplay.
    Since when is 40 euro breaking the bank for all that?
    I don't remember BG, IWD and PS:T being cheaper when they were released 15 years ago).

EDIT: Hang on, where are you getting €40 from? There's tons of places selling it for around the €25 mark. Here's one. Plus if you were a true fan of the series you would have been a backer and got it cheaper again :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So am I right in assuming the cheapest version is 40euro or higher?

If that is the case, I'll continue to enjoy the games I got for a fraction of that price and wait for a while.

I seen it on g2play for about 17

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nothing gaaaame breaking but needs a toouch more polish if you're finicky. Give it a patch more I'd say. It's the first game in a long time I've genuinely been happy that I've paid out for bugs or not.
    quarryman wrote: »
    I'm about 30 hours in and have encountered zero bugs. And most of that is pre-patch gameplay too.

The game is in very good shape. Just buy it and enjoy. Keep a few saves going the whole time in case you hit a bug.

Damn ye......I'll probably get it Tuesday :D

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    ...party?

Gang, collective, assembly. What do you prefer?

On normal I need two tanks. I've got Eder, hired off tank, Aloth, Kana, my main cipher and Durance. So tanky tanks take up the aggro with cipher/wiz laying down crowd control and the priest/chanter buffing.

Any reason you have two rangers?

My character is a Ranger and Songi is a ranger. I'll hire another tank I suppose. Poor Aloth died in my game. Maerwyn killed him

You're really going to jump on my back for asking a simple question and conveying a preference for double-checking costs and/or purchasing a non-founders or non-'extras' pack? How very nice of you.

I am a true fan - but I'm also a hard working individual working across two games who has been too busy to keep up to speed on releases, hence late asking what the actual price is seeing as most places would obviously advertise the more expensive versions over the rawest, cheapest package. Lo and behold, this seems to be the case. Thank you for your consideration.

OK, but in fairness your post read like "I'm here to tell you all that I won't be playing this game because it's too expensive and I have other games to play". :)

You're definitely a fan alright, I'm pretty sure you were posting here about BG 1/2 back in the day, like myself.

Which is why I'd really suggest you play it! If it can be got for for €17 then it's a BARGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Damn ye......I'll probably get it Tuesday :D

I've encountered zero bugs too. Just do it man. After a few minutes play I had a huge smile from ear to ear. It just smacks of BG right from the start. :)

Gang, collective, assembly. What do you prefer?

Apparently my joke failed. I was implying that the reason he was getting killed on easy mode was that he didn't have a party.

I don't have time for that tripe nonsense posting - and it's a sad day if people with too many games to play and an unwillingness to throw 40e at something they could get for half that price comes off that way. Over the last few months I've randomly snagged countless humble-bundles waiting to be played (never-mind non-bundled titles). Rather than fork out 40e to add a name to a waiting list, I would have stuck with smaller titles and waited. As expected, it's mostly thanks to sites promoting the higher packages (as you would). Steam doesn't show anything below 42euro (which is where I normally browse).

I see no harm asking before I take a plunge because I don't have as much time as I used to for in-depth investigations or keeping with the times.

If I can find it at a price like that, definitely - as said on page one, I've always loved games like this - but thanks to life and work, the thread slipped my mind for donkeys ages and my playtime has diminished - hence I'm snooping around at the weekend.

Dunno if you missed my post or not but its 18 on g2play at the moment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would my laptop be able to run this guys? systemrequirementslab says no but it's told me no before on games I was able to run like Civ 5 for example. It seems I meet every criteria apart from the 512mb video ram, I only have 128mb, lousy intel integrated graphics :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would my laptop be able to run this guys? systemrequirementslab says no but it's told me no before on games I was able to run like Civ 5 for example. It seems I meet every criteria apart from the 512mb video ram, I only have 128mb, lousy intel integrated graphics :mad:

Works fine on high settings with my Intel HD 3000, so you should be able to run it ok, depending on what you have, the the processor will have a major effect on its base and boosted speed.

Dunno if you missed my post or not but its 18 on g2play at the moment.

!!!! ffs why do i forget to check g2play ugh i spent 40 on bloody steam :mad:

• Advertisement

Lone Stone wrote: »
    !!!! ffs why do i forget to check g2play ugh i spent 40 on bloody steam :mad:

:-/

I don't have time for that tripe nonsense posting - and it's a sad day if people with too many games to play and an unwillingness to throw 40e at something they could get for half that price comes off that way. Over the last few months I've randomly snagged countless humble-bundles waiting to be played (never-mind non-bundled titles). Rather than fork out 40e to add a name to a waiting list, I would have stuck with smaller titles and waited. As expected, it's mostly thanks to sites promoting the higher packages (as you would). Steam doesn't show anything below 42euro (which is where I normally browse).

I see no harm asking before I take a plunge because I don't have as much time as I used to for in-depth investigations or keeping with the times.

If I can find it at a price like that, definitely - as said on page one, I've always loved games like this - but thanks to life and work, the thread slipped my mind for donkeys ages and my playtime has diminished - hence I'm snooping around at the weekend.

Fair enough. Don't mind my snarky tone.

Fyi, I use this site for ANY game I buy: www.dlcompare.com. It's indicated if the key works on steam (most do). Usually much cheaper than steam itself.

I don't understand how some outlet can make a profit selling it so cheaply. 18 feckin yoyos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Mickeroo wrote: »

Take a look in your bios, there might be an option to dedicate more RAM to the graphics.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm a bit into the game, level 6 party, and found my characters were oddly fragile. I only realised why when I went and read up how endurance and health work in this, in a manner very different from the conventional way. It's been a long time since a game needed me to read the instructions.

So hired stronghold protection is definitely a bug. Walked into the keep yesterday and my own protection just attacked me and then when I went to defend an attack they were all set to red from the start......

Also another bug I've found is my treasury is always empty. Seems to be a bug other have.

I'm nearing the end of the third act I think and I'm actually just kind of bored at this point. Storyline is a little confused and incoherent, no real drive or passion behind it. We barely ever see the antagonist and we only have a vague and dubious motivation to even be looking for him.

Irenicus stole your soul and you were going to die and you had to find him, kill him and take it back - also take revenge for all that torture - that's a good motivation right there.

This is like a muddled, impersonal and amateurish version of that.

I'm nearing the end of the third act I think and I'm actually just kind of bored at this point. Storyline is a little confused and incoherent, no real drive or passion behind it. We barely ever see the antagonist and we only have a vague and dubious motivation to even be looking for him.

Irenicus stole your soul and you were going to die and you had to find him, kill him and take it back - also take revenge for all that torture - that's a good motivation right there.

This is like a muddled, impersonal and amateurish version of that.

Yea it's not as clear as bg games. I'm finding their to a lack conclusion to some of the bigger quest chains like you do it, that's it. But still enjoying the Crap out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I don't understand how some outlet can make a profit selling it so cheaply. 18 feckin yoyos?

You buy in bulk. And instead of selling a few copies at a 300% mark up like most stores, you sell thousands of copies for a few euro profit each and ultimately make more money.

It's also worth pointing out that a certain percentage of the keys you buy on key selling websites like G2A and their like, come from fraudulent means such as stolen credit cards. Not all of them by any means, but some of them.

• Advertisement

15.99 on g2play atm

Advertisement