Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pillars of Eternity

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone get
    Modwyr
    yet? The dialogue is f*cking hilarious!

Also just got here. That area was somewhat above my level as I'm playing on Path of the Damned. Had to sneak through most of the area to the exit as the lift I took down was pulled back up. My heartdropped when I saw it wasn't there thinking I had to load an older save and lost an hour or 2 of progress

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm playing through the first, and really having a hard time caring about anything really. Not sure what it is, it's just not hooking me at all. I'm currently killing a bunch of people in some fort cause someone said the lord was bad (and i think he decorated a tree with dead bodies - so probably deserved).

Does it get any better?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm playing through the first, and really having a hard time caring about anything really. Not sure what it is, it's just not hooking me at all. I'm currently killing a bunch of people in some fort cause someone said the lord was bad (and i think he decorated a tree with dead bodies - so probably deserved).

Does it get any better?

I didn't really get into it until after I unlocked the stronghold and went to the main city. That one with the fort is optional, think I skipped it at first and went back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »

Does it get any better?

Im at around the same spot, its not grabbing me at all. Its not a bad game but not brilliant either.

Got a bit further last night, and i'm enjoying it more now. I do enjoy having a base to upgrade in these kinds of games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I played the first for a while but lost interest. The pointless backer text on various npcs was a big mistake and time consuming. Ultimately my biggest problem was falling out of love for RTWP. I may fall back in love with it at some point (mayabe a replay of BG 1/2 would help). Based on the constant tweaking Obsidian did to the original I will be waiting for some time to even go near the sequel. They seemed obsessed with tweaking balance so much that it would be impossible for one class to be better or worse than another.

As an aside some people might be interested in the stuff coming from Chris Avellone on rpgcodex. He has been very up front and honest about why he left Obsidian and paints a fairly bad picture of upper management. Summarised on Tech Raptor - https://techraptor.net/content/chris-avellone-talks-departure-obsidian-entertainment

I got to Defiance Bay, but i don't think i'll get much further. The story just isn't doing anything for me, and the companions aren't great either. Combat is ok, and it looks nice, but i just find myself saying "BG2 did this better" pretty much all the time.

Might just watch that story recap, and give the 2nd one a go at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

The zoom in level is wrecking my head.
    I haven't clicked with it fully yet, after getting the boat I've just been sailing randomly around attacking merchants .

I also don't like the character class I chose originally and now am agonizing over the hassle to restart. 2 wizards, 1 fighter, 1 cipher, 1 priest is a ****e combo (need a rogue!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

OK just finished it there. It is probably the best crpg I've ever played. That's a bold statement but there you go. Also considering how bad the 1st was this is a total triumph. Can't wait to start it again. I played a Monk and he was a ridiculous killing machine towards the end.

Advertisement