Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pillars of Eternity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Awesome! As much as i liked PoE i thought Tyranny was the better game over all, only let down by its seemingly rushed ending. Tyranny had a more tangible storyline and the lore and backstory of the world was presented much better than in PoE. The companions in PoE where either boring or annoying and i don't think i did a single companion storyline, where as in Tyranny i did every single one and found all companions enjoyable. Also i think they should reduce max party size too. 5 Should be a sweet spot, but i wouldn't argue with 4.

So yeah can't wait, looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Manach wrote: »
    Then (recent steam sale):
    Pshaw I thought, I am a veteran RPG player so I am playing this on hard.

Now:
    whimper

Oh a bear. This should be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

100% funded in less than 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is the PoE 1 worth a play? hard to follow it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It's on sale at the moment, well worth a play through. Main storyline is hit and miss but the side characters are interesting as are the various side quests, and the world itself is well put together. I really liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Jilm wrote:
    100% funded in less than 24 hours.

And stretch goal 1 now reached.

This popped up in my suggested videos today and i have to say i don't remember any of this! :pac: Storyline of the first game is a total blur to me, was it really that incoherent?

With PoEII releasing in a couple of hours thank Berath for that video as i wouldn't have a clue what was going on!

!

-Edit- Did a search to find this game assuming it was in the PC forum, but its in General?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Didn't realize it was out today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The story was the reason i stopped playing PoE1. I just didn't care about it, or any of the characters. That's an essential component for these kinds of games imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Kiith wrote: »
    The story was the reason i stopped playing PoE1. I just didn't care about it, or any of the characters. That's an essential component for these kinds of games imo.

Same. I found the whole experience boring as hell. I stuck it out to the end but it was a slog and then the end came out of nowhere! :p The whole thing felt way too linear and the combat was messy imo.

Anyone getting POE2?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I played through it last month and really enjoyed it once I got into it. I did all the companion quests and everything. Didn't like the combat all that much though so played it on story mode after the first few areas.

Will definitely get the 2nd one at some stage, though not until it goes on sale I reckon. Hopefully it pops up on humble monthly at some stage like the first one did.

Reviews are very good. 88/100 from PcGamer, 8.5 from IGN and whole host of high to mid 80's from most reviewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Reviews are very good. 88/100 from PcGamer, 8.5 from IGN and whole host of high to mid 80's from most reviewers.

The main story seems to be the weakest part of the game again going by what I have read and the naval combat seems to be a bit pointless and under developed, like the previous game it looks like the most fun to be had is with the side quests.

Spent 4 hours playing yesterday and about 3 of those was spent making a character, no kidding. I created a character then played for abit only to realized i made one small mistake and i started over :pac: While lying in bed last night i thought up other ideas for my character and wish i could start over again :pac:

Game looks great and can't wait to get stick back in later today. The narrator was voiced at the start of the game which got my hyped only to have it stop about 15 minutes into the game, that was disappointing. Also the FPS on the world map is really terrible. Its at 40-45 FPS both lowest settings and ultra settings :confused: No idea why as there is sweet feck all on it and doesn't look graphic intensive in the slightest...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can you carry over your save file and keep your character from the first game?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can you carry over your save file and keep your character from the first game?

Yes. There is 6 or so premade histories and you can also create a history from scratch in game going over almost all major events in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have not played PoE yet but see its become available on Origin Access. Must give it a try.

Wow there is a whole lot of game here, Pillars 2 that is. I have been playing for 21 hours so far and feel like I'm only scratching the surface. The world map is huge and i have only discovered about 10% of it, almost like an "open world" game compared to the original which was somewhat linear in what areas you needed to traverse through the get to the next area.

The constant visions and spirit realm **** from the first game are dialed backed a tonne, which makes the storyline more tangible and far more enjoyable in my opinion. I'm enjoying the new characters and companions im meeting in the game and the fact all dialogue is voiced (and voiced well) really adds to the experience.

Can't say enough good about this game compared to the first. Looking back the first game was a 6.5 MAYBE a 7 out of 10, with this being a solid 9 thus far.

Glebee wrote: »
    Have not played PoE yet but see its become available on Origin Access. Must give it a try.

Very late to the party with PoE1. Just started and gone through the first few areas. Not feeling the love for this at all for some reason and usually like these type of games, does it get better. Currently only have two people in my party, maybe im not giving it enough of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I have the first POE in my backlog ,my feeling is that Divinity:Original Sin 2 has set the bar for these types of games now and that its going to be a disappointment..

• Advertisement

I ended up getting this and it's epic! Just got off the first island so early days yet but so far I'm loving it. Only issue I have is with the cowboy accents. Seriously WTF in a game like this.

I thought the first started out great but quickly got monotonous. Hopefully this doesn't go the same way.

I ended up getting this and it's epic! Just got off the first island so early days yet but so far I'm loving it. Only issue I have is with the cowboy accents. Seriously WTF in a game like this.

I thought the first started out great but quickly got monotonous. Hopefully this doesn't go the same way.

I've gotten used to the southern US accents now. At least they are consistent in keeping the accents to where the characters are from in the world. Italian accent for Valian Republics, Southern US for Dyrwood/Readceres, Sub-Sahara africa for Ruatai. Aedyr and Deadfire seems to be abit of a mixed back of English and Neutral American accent.

Great game im loving it, far surpasses the original

I'm playing through the first one at the moment. Decided to give it a proper go, and actually read more the text, which is keeping me interested so far. Only going through the first area, but enjoying it at the moment. I'd like to finish it before trying the 2nd, but we'll see how i feel in 10 or so hours.
    Does the Origin Access version have the expansions? Don't have either on Steam, but would swap over to Origin if it does.

I'm playing through the first one at the moment. Decided to give it a proper go, and actually read more the text, which is keeping me interested so far. Only going through the first area, but enjoying it at the moment. I'd like to finish it before trying the 2nd, but we'll see how i feel in 10 or so hours.

Does the Origin Access version have the expansions? Don't have either on Steam, but would swap over to Origin if it does.

Access version is just the base game, expansions available at a cost

Will stick with Steam so. Might get the expansions if i stick with the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Access version is just the base game, expansions available at a cost

Like any good drug dealer, the first hit is free...

I completely forgot that I could hire adventurers to make up my party. No wonder I was getting no where trying to fight groups when I had only two in my party. Just got a whole lot easier...

I completely forgot that I could hire adventurers to make up my party. No wonder I was getting no where trying to fight groups when I had only two in my party. Just got a whole lot easier...

There's also 8 NPCs scattered around the world you can recruit (with their own backstories and side quests), if you're on higher difficulties it's better to make your own though apparently.

Anyone get
    Modwyr
    yet? The dialogue is f*cking hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Anyone get
    Modwyr
    yet? The dialogue is f*cking hilarious!

Just picked it up, very easy to miss if you're not trying to squeeze into all the nooks and crannies.

Think I'm going to hold off on playing this until there's a patch, the bugs are just too frustrating at the moment.

Advertisement