Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pillars of Eternity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

kingtiger wrote: »
    I lost all respect for PCGamer when they gave that POS Dragon Age 2 94%

but I cant wait to play this, counting the minutes

really? don't remember that, it was a 70% game at best

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

For some reason loads of sites gave DA2 insanely hight scores. It was quite bizarre and smelt quite fishy.

For the second time I forgot I didn't back this on Kickstarter and was wondering why I wasn't getting an update with a code on it. Rookie error!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Skerries wrote: »
    really? don't remember that, it was a 70% game at best

yep here it is

http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-age-2-review/ "It's still got a deep, complex combat system" :pac:

laughed at this review of Project Eternity (obviously satire)

CBBwZhyUgAA6B94.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Perfect timing, ready for the weekend. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have this but will be pretty much playing Bloodborne non stop from tomorrow.

On the pile it goes.

• Advertisement

just played 30 mins or so, loving it

bringing back all those memories of Baldur's gate

343222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

How resource heavy is this game? I've only a laptop to play it on, has a decent CPU and RAM but I don't think the graphics card is up to much. Think it'll be playable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

should be fine to play on a laptop

kingtiger, i made that very same decision too :D sickened!

loving it so far :) rich, meaty rpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

should be fine to play on a laptop

loving it so far :) rich, meaty rpg

Thanks, think I'll go for it. Blown away by the reviews saying it's better than Divinity. I loved that game so much.

no I decided to camp and the b1tch fecked off and got herself killed :pac:

going to really get stuck into it tonight, cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Thanks, think I'll go for it. Blown away by the reviews saying it's better than Divinity. I loved that game so much.

I've put 70 hours into Divinity over the past 6 months and still not finished. And I bought this the other day. Trying to decide whether or not to take a break from Divinity now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Won't get to play it till tomorrow, but can't wait. The reviews really are excellent, so hopefully it lives up to expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm still only about 65% of the way through Divinity, and only a few hours into this. So far though, Divinity has the edge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How are finding it difficultly wise? Don't have much experience with these types of games. I'm gonna have hold off getting it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

How are finding it difficultly wise? Don't have much experience with these types of games. I'm gonna have hold off getting it for a while.
    There are multiple difficulties, with the easiest one being designed for anyone who like yourself hasn't played anything like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I actually found Divinity to be slightly disappointing in the end, not to say though it was not a great game, have only been playing this a few hours but thoroughly enjoying it so far, really brings me back to a time when great games like this where being released every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Getting my ass handed to me down in the Endless Paths below Caed Nua. I'm guessing I'm not sufficiently levelled, but even the little kobold yokes are kicking me around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Go hire some npc's from the inn/tavern if you don't already have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Be happy that both exist and think back to not that long ago when the thought of games like these being released seemed far fetched. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

kingtiger wrote: »
    no I decided to camp and the b1tch fecked off and got herself killed :pac:

going to really get stuck into it tonight, cant wait

Yep, she nicked the water on me aswell :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Hard to say, I'm playing with a Wizard PC and a Wizard NPC, plus one meat-shield you can get by the tree in the first settlement. Generally, playing magic users is a bit of a trial in the early levels, but its been okay. That said, the game isn't easy - to get to the first settlement I pretty much had to keep running, and any time I left the path I ran into a group of enemies I couldn't handle with the party I had available then. I'm now in the first dungeon, under the ruined temple in Gilded Vale, and generally its fine but there is two encounters there that kicked my ass. One (Wisps) I managed to beat basically by luck. The second (4 melee charging en-masse) kicked my ass, and as yet I cant beat it with just the one meat shield. I'm going to have to hire a merc from the inn so I get enough time to wear them down with the wizards.

I'm playing on Normal - picking a melee orientated PC or just going for easy will probably make it a bit more straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Hmm my character stopped moving every thing works but he ain't budging can't see any encumbered info hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Sand wrote: »
    Hard to say, I'm playing with a Wizard PC and a Wizard NPC, plus one meat-shield you can get by the tree in the first settlement. Generally, playing magic users is a bit of a trial in the early levels, but its been okay. That said, the game isn't easy - to get to the first settlement I pretty much had to keep running, and any time I left the path I ran into a group of enemies I couldn't handle with the party I had available then. I'm now in the first dungeon, under the ruined temple in Gilded Vale, and generally its fine but there is two encounters there that kicked my ass. One (Wisps) I managed to beat basically by luck. The second (4 melee charging en-masse) kicked my ass, and as yet I cant beat it with just the one meat shield. I'm going to have to hire a merc from the inn so I get enough time to wear them down with the wizards.

I'm playing on Normal - picking a melee orientated PC or just going for easy will probably make it a bit more straightforward.

I'm sticking with Easy.

I've no shame in it. I've played all the IE games to death but these days I just don't have the time to slog and micro-manage through constant battles. I'm really soaking up the atmosphere and nostalgia of this title and intend avoid getting bogged down in challenging encounters and focused on enjoying the story. dialogue and experience.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sand wrote: »

Don't forget that old fashioned trick of "going somewhere else and coming back later".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm sticking with Easy.

I've no shame in it. I've played all the IE games to death but these days I just don't have the time to slog and micro-manage through constant battles. I'm really soaking up the atmosphere and nostalgia of this title and intend avoid getting bogged down in challenging encounters and focused on enjoying the story. dialogue and experience.

Easy it is so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Just playing it on normal, easy is a bit to easy. like in baldurs gate but so far its not as brutal as baldurs gate havent been over run by giblings just yet. I started as one of those cipher guys as a godlike thingy but it was a bit squishy then i picked a druid but his spells were all aoe and i had a huge amount of int and the aoe was massive and kind of anoying so then i rolled a fighter fish guy who dual wields, im assuming at some stage you get to choose a dual spec like you could in the old games. Enjoying it so far. took me about 10 minuets to kill one guy at a bandit camp, he did no dmg to me and i did little dmg to him :pac:

mewso wrote: »
    Don't forget that old fashioned trick of "going somewhere else and coming back later".

Nah, thats defeatist talk. Though I did go to the Inn and came back 5 minutes later with a Rogue mercenary and beat the crap out of that encounter. With the 4th party member the encounter was actually fairly routine.

I will say one thing though - Wizards are a bit underpowered so far compared to BG magic users. For one thing, most of the spells are combat only so you cant use the Rogue to scout enemy locations, and then bounce a fireball down the corridor. You can only start the spells once the enemy is rushing into melee, by which point your tank is in the way (or needs to be) so pretty much any AoE spell is going to be a fairly weak choice as its just not going to be applicable in most scenarios. Who knows - the BG low level spells were pretty muck as well. Here is hoping they copied Melfs Minute Meteors from BG2. I absolutely loved using that spell with 3 or 4 magic users just murdering enemies in short order.

I take back what I said about Wizards and the low level AoE spells being muck. They're awesome, I just wasn't using them correctly.

Standard operating procedure is for the Rogue to go on, scout out the room and the enemies. The two wizards setup outside, but close to the door. Rogue exits the room - Warrior goes in to aggro the enemies, bravely runs away back to the Wizards. Wizards drop double barrelled AoE damage spells on the door as the Warrior runs through and past the AoE - enemies run straight into the AoE as it triggers a second or two later and die horribly. The Warrior and Rogue run back in to finish off any survivors with the Wizards using Arcane Assault to assist.

Based on the early enemies, fire seems the best damage type as its almost always one of the weaker DRs for enemies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Bought this game based on recommendations and I have to say I'm really disappointed.

1: The difficulty is far too high. I wasn't able to get out of the first dungeon because a trap killed my entire party. I would at the very least expect a quick time event when you stand on a trap to avoid all damage.

2: No season pass. DLC is going to be expensive without the savings granted by a season pass. From what I've seem they haven't even planned any DLC.

3: Multiplayer is bugged. I was stuck playing on my own because the drop in-drop out multiplayer wasn't working.

4: Tried rebinding controls to my xbox controller but it's not supported. Forces you to play with mouse and keyboard. What is this 1998?

5: No achievements. I think this is inexcusable for a game in 2015.

I'm going to uninstall and go play dragon age 2. Much better game because it has sweet graphics and I don't have to think so hard when I play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Bought this game based on recommendations and I have to say I'm really disappointed.

1: The difficulty is far too high. I wasn't able to get out of the first dungeon because a trap killed my entire party. I would at the very least expect a quick time event when you stand on a trap to avoid all damage.

2: No season pass. DLC is going to be expensive without the savings granted by a season pass. From what I've seem they haven't even planned any DLC.

3: Multiplayer is bugged. I was stuck playing on my own because the drop in-drop out multiplayer wasn't working.

4: Tried rebinding controls to my xbox controller but it's not supported. Forces you to play with mouse and keyboard. What is this 1998?

5: No achievements. I think this is inexcusable for a game in 2015.

I'm going to uninstall and go play dragon age 2. Much better game because it has sweet graphics and I don't have to think so hard when I play it.

:pac: well played!

Advertisement