Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭thomasj

Thor wrote: »
    nightrave wrote: »
    Any troubles at rooting? Quick and painless?

3 minutes work to root. I love how there is always root for devices even before launch. Love the work that is done by chainfire and others.

How are you finding the battery on it Thor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

thomasj wrote: »
    How are you finding the battery on it Thor?

When I got it, it had around 50% give or take and I used it for hours testing out different things and didn't charge it till later that night and it was at around 5%.

Will do some more testing tomorrow to see what kind of usage we can expect, but since it's a 3100mAh battery, i can see this thing lasting a day with heavy usage, even with the big screen.

A few more things to note after a days usage.

The build quality is amazing, even though it has a similar layout to the galaxy s3, it just feels much stronger and smoother around the edges. I think the feeling the screen is very protected and much more so than on the S3 or Gnote1

The speaker is also improved as well and gives much louder performance than expected.

Will update tomorrow about the battery. Also just to note, I will have a full review up by the weekend on the note 2 on my site(not sure if I can mention that here, but taught it couldn't hurt)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

meteor have it on their site now but its out of stock
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/samsung-galaxy-note-2

• Registered Users Posts: 20 eireluke

I'm picking mine up soon from CPW on meteor bill. Got it in white too :)
    adamski8 wrote: »
    meteor have it on their site now but its out of stock
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/samsung-galaxy-note-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

those meteor prices are great, pity the network is so ****e :/

• Advertisement

Ye very good only 149 on 50pm
    subway wrote: »
    those meteor prices are great, pity the network is so ****e :/

eireluke wrote: »

how did you order yours? did you go in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

how did you order yours? did you go in store?

It's available online but when I rang up meteor she said I wouldn't be able to put it through because I'm on a rolling contract...which is basically bill pay. Stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

Just ordered from Meteor and I must say, I'm as happy as a dog with two mickies.

40.66 p/m for 18 months, 400 mins, 400 texts, 2 GB data and the phone for 149

Part of me is thinking there must be some kind of misprice here, the rest of me is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Did you guys compare prices for simfree options? expansys asks for 620. amazon isnt cheap either...I need to sell my galaxy note 1 and would like to get GN2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

long_b wrote: »
    Just ordered from Meteor and I must say, I'm as happy as a dog with two mickies.

40.66 p/m for 18 months, 400 mins, 400 texts, 2 GB data and the phone for 149

Part of me is thinking there must be some kind of misprice here, the rest of me is :D

Note: the €40/month is only for the first 12 months; it's €50/month after that.

Note: the €40/month is only for the first 12 months; it's €50/month after that.

Didn't notice that ... looking back there's an asterisk there but I count that as sneaky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

long_b wrote: »
    Didn't notice that ... looking back there's an asterisk there but I count that as sneaky

I'd count it as false advertising TBH.

got me note 2 from CPW just now, only 1 left after me. They were quite shocked i wouldnt take out insurance on it. :D

I know its early but I love it so far!

got me note 2 from CPW just now, only 1 left after me. They were quite shocked i wouldnt take out insurance on it. :D

Bill pay?

Bill pay?
    yeah i got bill pay.

watching videos is amazing. see ya later tablet

yeah i got bill pay.

watching videos is amazing. see ya later tablet

I contacted CPW who said they had some in stock, but only bill pay.
    No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Im due Loyalty Upgrade last few months on Meteor.
    Rang them they knew nothing about Node 2.
    But its online in BLACK, I thought was just Titanium Grey and White being released..

€99.99 On Bill Pay Max for €76.24* €86.40 in store
    18 months Callls & texts Unlimited 5 GB

Any word form meteor if White one going to be stocked and when?

Thanks All

On Grafton street?? Pretty sure I was getting mine the same time

Bill pay?

kevin2me wrote: »
    Im due Loyalty Upgrade last few months on Meteor.

But its online in BLACK, I thought was just Titanium Grey and White being released..

Reckon the Titanium Grey is close enough to black to be described as black.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B0098HNSIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349363529&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Panamoz have it for €586 unlocked. delivery though is about €10 but although shipped from HK they say they cover the VAT - was skeptical till I got my Samsung 7.7 from there with no bother. VERY tempted by the Note II but might wait for Thor's review over the weekend :D

http://panamoz.com/index.php/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-16gb-hd-super-amoled-unlocked-sim-free-titanium-grey-marble-white.html

On Grafton street?? Pretty sure I was getting mine the same time

no omni park.

Also for those of you that didnt know, you get 48GB bonus storage with dropbox for 24 months, that was a pleasant surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Hey all, just wanted to update the battery stats.

Basically, this thing is a beast. I have been using it all day and just go up to 2hrs46mins with the screen on time with full brightness and still have 49% left.

That isn't all. That includes using the s-pen a lot today to draw and sketch. Stream some south park through WiFi and the rest connected to 3G browsing the net at random times. Bluetooth on all day, some game play, few calls and a few messages.

Heavy usage all day wouldn't put a dent in this thing. That 3,100mAh battery is doing an amazing job. You could easily get to full days usage out of this thing no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

Went up to buy this in the cpw and they were sold out. They had one in citywest but it was white. Was devastated.

Ive been giving it heavy use today and also hace only used 40%. One thing that is bugging me a little is the volume button seems a little loose. I tend to have my hand on it while holding so I can feel it wiggle all the time. Very minor negative though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭thomasj

Ive been giving it heavy use today and also hace only used 40%. One thing that is bugging me a little is the volume button seems a little loose. I tend to have my hand on it while holding so I can feel it wiggle all the time. Very minor negative though!

Maybe see can you get a replacement, it sounds very minor but when it comes to physical buttons I would rather be safe than sorry.

Great to hear about the battery life.

So is there anywhere that has this on PAYG?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

is there any place where I could get it sim free? (not online) I want it NOW :)

Advertisement