Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,607 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Only showing on Vodafone's coming soon section: http://www.vodafone.ie/comingsoon

O2 are the same, says coming October: http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/coming-soon/

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Went 24 months - €189, 40.66 a month.

It was released today in the UK on three.co.uk too so cant be far off here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

strange that samsung on facebook said they have it today! what a crazy announcement seeing as the carriers dont seem to know about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I tried to buy it on three there eariler and it wouldn't take my bank ac details. (thought it was down to the mobile browser)
    On the laptop now and it's been removed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

Apparently meteor will not have it till the end of the month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

wow, this isnt going well at all

seen on samsung mobile ireland facebook that its in CPW at the moment, o2 or meteor only and bill-pay only.
    simfree, payg and other networks "to follow"

subway wrote: »
    seen on samsung mobile ireland facebook that its in CPW at the moment, o2 or meteor only and bill-pay only.
    simfree, payg and other networks "to follow"

hmm, so if you are due an upgrade on meteor say you can get it via CPW right?

Even CPW seem unaware they have it available

thats what the status would imply, but if the staff dont know about it i would imagine you wont get far.
    seems to be a bit of a screwed up "launch" for such an anticipated phone.

• Advertisement

thats what the status would imply, but if the staff dont know about it i would imagine you wont get far.
    seems to be a bit of a screwed up "launch" for such an anticipated phone.
    yeah announcing the "launch" in the middle of the actual launch day via facebook without the the carrier knowing much about it and all the others not having a clue when its coming out! massive cock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

The plot thickens, my order has just been approved.

Not sure whether that means it will ship so we will see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I ordered mine SIM free from phonesonline.ie a few days ago. Might have it tomorrow, but more than likely it will be Wednesday. Looking forward to playing around with it.

cool, hope you get it quick enough.

I'm going to hold on for PAYG to save myself the 70euro unless one of the other carriers has a better bill pay option.

added a few more options as info is becoming available.
    am i missing anything on this? for someone who uses a phone primarliy as an internet / text device with calls as a very distant third place, is there anyway that PAYG/SIMfree is not the way to go?

222641.JPG

@subway
    Well your comparing 12 and 24 months aside. So shouldn't you be dividing the 24months by two?

adamski8 wrote: »
    @subway
    Well your comparing 12 and 24 months aside. So shouldn't you be dividing the 24months by two?
    Actually I think you should add 12*20 for the payg option. Otherwise your comparing the use of a phone for half of the time of the 24 month contract.

The point is that I would change after 12 months instead of being stuck for 24.
    How would you compare an 18 month to 24 month?

The point is that I would change after 12 months instead of being stuck for 24.
    How would you compare an 18 month to 24 month?

but still you will have to buy another phone after 12 months then and still have to pay 20/month.

just add on 6*29 for to bring it to 24months

Sweet, my Titanium grey is with DHL on it's way to me, should hopefully have it tomorrow morning. Will update with some delicious pics once it arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭thomasj

Thor wrote: »
    Sweet, my Titanium grey is with DHL on it's way to me, should hopefully have it tomorrow morning. Will update with some delicious pics once it arrives.

You lucky lucky person, I'm jealous!

It reminds me of days that I was on the Dhl website constantly refreshing for an update. That will be me next weekend! :D

Enjoy that moment! (When you get to destroy the delivery package and open up your bundle of joy. I will be keeping an eye out for an update from your good self :)

thomasj wrote: »
    You lucky lucky person, I'm jealous!

It reminds me of days that I was on the Dhl website constantly refreshing for an update. That will be me next weekend! :D

Enjoy that moment! (When you get to destroy the delivery package and open up your bundle of joy. I will be keeping an eye out for an update from your good self :)

There is nothing more joyous than the refreshing of a tracking page waiting for a new gadget. Then moving on to the enjoyment of opening said package and finally getting the device in your hand.

I simply can't wait, this feeling alone is proof enough that I'm truly a geek!

this feeling alone is proof enough that I'm truly a geek!

Your internet speeds also attest to your geekiness...

dulpit wrote: »
    Your internet speeds also attest to your geekiness...

Ha, not at the moment, UPC are having some serious issues right now. Can't get over 40mb/s after 6pm.

I do love my technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭beardo81

Did it arrive?

beardo81 wrote: »
    Did it arrive?

I'm actually in college at the moment. It's with the delivery driver. There is someone waiting at home for when it arrives.

I'm out early to today. So will hopefully be there when I get home.

Only a few hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nightrave

Received an email from carphonewarehouse today. That I can preorder the Note2. In two colors. YEPEE
    Links:
    In White
    In Marble Gray

nightrave wrote: »
    Received an email from carphonewarehouse today. That I can preorder the Note2. In two colors. YEPEE
    Links:
    In White
    In Marble Gray

Think I prefer the marble grey...

What's the juice on getting one of these on PAYG?
    Is it worth signing up for? don't use much credit myself.

• Advertisement

nightrave wrote: »
    Links:
    In White
    In Marble Gray
    the only thing reassuring about that page is that the deposit is refundable!
    what on earth connection/price are you signing up for???

Advertisement