Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

iwo wrote: »
    is there any place where I could get it sim free? (not online) I want it NOW :)

:D I don't know if it's only online with meteor but if you had ordered by 10am youd've had it tomorrow ;)

"Order by 10am and get
    your phone tomorrow"

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

00sully wrote: »
    :D I don't know if it's only online with meteor but if you had ordered by 10am youd've had it tomorrow ;)

"Order by 10am and get
    your phone tomorrow"

Yeah, I have seen that. But is it sim free? Im with three at the moment...

Ohh we have the same understanding of Now ** " get by tomorrow"
    When my wife asks me to do something it is usually done "Now"**

Now**

** conditions apply," now" may mean anytime today or tomorrow.... ^_^

Meteor phones are usually unlocked but I obviously can't guarantee that this time. I want it NOW too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,607 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

To those of you who got the Note, does it have a functional FM radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

They have it available on meteors website but I can't buy it because I'm an existing customer and not switching network. Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i was in CPW earlier on North Earl street, they have in stock but only in white and no pre-pay pricing yet.

I'm probably going to go meteor bill pay - the 25.41 contract works out at 737.92 over 18 months which is cheaper than PAYG even if i count that over only 12 months.
    the 20.33 works out at 615.94 which is great, but 500mb data just isnt enough.
    im hoping the 1gb will do and that i wont go over too much

going to think it over some more...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭standemancini

subway wrote: »
    i was in CPW earlier on North Earl street, they have in stock but only in white and no pre-pay pricing yet.

I'm probably going to go meteor bill pay - the 25.41 contract works out at 737.92 over 18 months which is cheaper than PAYG even if i count that over only 12 months.
    the 20.33 works out at 615.94 which is great, but 500mb data just isnt enough.
    im hoping the 1gb will do and that i wont go over too much

going to think it over some more...

I am currently a Vodafone PAYG customer, using an iPhone 3GS, but I am very tempted by the Note 2.

I just looked at the Meteor price plans. It appears that, for me, it would be slightly better going for the €20.33 plan + a 500MB data add-on for €4.99. The phone is the same price (€249.99) on this and the €25.41/€30.50 plan, making a total ownership cost of €705 (as opposed to €737). The only difference is that the €25.41 plan has free Meteor calls and texts but, as I know virtually zilch people on Meteor, this isn't an issue.

What are peoples experience of the reception on Meteor for calls/data? Is it comparable with Vodafone's? I am in Dublin 4 but travel throughout Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭thomasj

dulpit wrote: »
    To those of you who got the Note, does it have a functional FM radio?

Yes it does and it has a record function on the fm radio

I am currently a Vodafone PAYG customer, using an iPhone 3GS, but I am very tempted by the Note 2.

I just looked at the Meteor price plans. It appears that, for me, it would be slightly better going for the €20.33 plan + a 500MB data add-on for €4.99. The phone is the same price (€249.99) on this and the €25.41/€30.50 plan, making a total ownership cost of €705 (as opposed to €737). The only difference is that the €25.41 plan has free Meteor calls and texts but, as I know virtually zilch people on Meteor, this isn't an issue.

What are peoples experience of the reception on Meteor for calls/data? Is it comparable with Vodafone's? I am in Dublin 4 but travel throughout Ireland.

it's comparable to Vodafone. I was on VF before switching to Meteor and have had no issues. I get H+ too in some parts of D2 :) in D15 where I am primarily I have no trouble with 3g and H data speed :cool: I rarely use the phone to make calls but rarely had a problem with that either. I did get some rather bad reception (for network AND data) in Ballina last month though but can't remember travelling somewhere around Ireland other than there and having trouble.

the €25/month meteor package is damn tempting. now, do I want to be stuckn on another 18 monther ? I need to test out this beast first :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why are vodafone and other Irish networks so slow to release this phone. Is it not officially released yet? All I really want to know is each different price plans and also PAYG pricing also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,607 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

thomasj wrote: »
    Yes it does and it has a record function on the fm radio

Excellent, my current ROM on sensation does not and I'm surprised at how much I missed it. (although I have an ipod nano which has FM radio, so not too bad)

it would be slightly better going for the €20.33 plan + a 500MB data add-on for €4.99. The phone is the same price (€249.99) on this and the €25.41/€30.50 plan, making a total ownership cost of €705 (as opposed to €737).

nice idea, might just do that myself:)

+1

it would be slightly better going for the €20.33 plan + a 500MB data add-on for €4.99. The phone is the same price (€249.99) on this and the €25.41/€30.50 plan, making a total ownership cost of €705 (as opposed to €737).

Free meteor to meteor calls and texts in the 25.41 plan is a no brainer if half your mates are on meteor

Those of you lucky enough to have the galaxy note II at this stage, an update should be on the way to you if not already. This update includes the much talked about "split screen" functioality that enables you to see two apps on screen at the same time.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2-update-enables-multi-window-multitasking-support

ive tried a few times to buy one today, only CPW seem to have it in stock and supplies are white only along with all meteor phones seemingly sold out.
    was offered some vodafone 24 mth contract at around 65pm :O

hopefully will get the grey early next week on the meteor deal.
    Hogan1 wrote: »
    Free meteor to meteor calls and texts in the 25.41 plan is a no brainer if half your mates are on meteor
    i know my usage quite well and free calls/texts are wasted on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

ive tried a few times to buy one today, only CPW seem to have it in stock and supplies are white only along with all meteor phones seemingly sold out..

Same here. CPW on Grafton St ordered me a grey meteor one today, (after only 1 phone was delivered there this morning....) they reckon it'll be in Monday morning.

Pity, I was hoping for a new toy this weekend!

Anyone get a meteor one know if it's sim free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Can anyone confirm if the Note 2 has a notification led? TIA.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the Note 2 has a notification led? TIA.

Yes! Same position as the galaxy s3, top left!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Update was released today allowing multi window viewing. Seems cool.

I like the s pen so far. I wish the airplay feature worked twice as far away from the screen as u have to be very close to it. I like the scrolling with airplay but id like the choice to speed it up.

S voice is a load of ****e I must say!

With the same usage as my S1 im getting twice the battery life out of this bad boy which is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

adamski8 wrote: »
    With the same usage as my S1 im getting twice the battery life out of this bad boy which is awesome.

So what does that equate to in days? Is it a daily charge, or would you get two days (or more) out of it? What's your average daily "screen on" time?

Held a dummy Note II in CPW today. I have to say not making it as wide as first is a good thing, as it fits perfectly in my hand and it also seems like the right size for a phone. I didn't think it was too big. Can't wait to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

the Note 2 is a lot smaller than my 7" phone that I use right now :D - but the resolution is a tad higher so it won't feel too bad going down to a 5.55" screen

I'll have a look at the Vodafone prices next week and then decide between Panamoz/Expansys/Vodafone as to where I'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭pah

when can we hope to see 32 and 64 gig models i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

pah wrote: »
    when can we hope to see 32 and 64 gig models i wonder?

Why would you need more than 16gb? Just wondering... Music and photos?
    I got 32gb card class 10 for 30euro for my galaxy note one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

biebiebie wrote: »
    adamski8 wrote: »

So what does that equate to in days? Is it a daily charge, or would you get two days (or more) out of it? What's your average daily "screen on" time?
    was getting 1 day with my s1 with normal stuff. Email, news, boards etc but it would be dead by evening if I was say watching video.

Yesterday I was using the note from 7am until 11pm with say light use for half the time and heavy non stop use the other time and it used the full battery. I was using alot of video and had the screen brightness on full,had my data on all day.

So looks like ill easily get 2 full days from mine. Id class myself as a light user but that might cchange now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭pah

iwo wrote: »
    Why would you need more than 16gb? Just wondering... Music and photos?
    I got 32gb card class 10 for 30euro for my galaxy note one.

Music, photos, video, futureproofing. Cant see phone specs getting much better than this for quite a while....want 64gb + 64gb microsd card :D

God dammit I want this phone in grey and today!

• Advertisement

Hogan1 wrote: »
    God dammit I want this phone in grey and today!

Rang meteor in blanchardstown in stock in grey gonna head up to try it out later :)

Advertisement