Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nightrave

subway wrote: »
    the only thing reassuring about that page is that the deposit is refundable!
    what on earth connection/price are you signing up for???

It's probably for those, who would get it anyway, regardless of the plan. So for those like me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

What's the juice on getting one of these on PAYG?
    Is it worth signing up for? don't use much credit myself.
    I've been making a chart to see if i can work out what is best using some prices that are avialable
    i make very few calls, a few hundred texts and use about 2gig of data per month. this is what i have so far so i will be going PAYG i think

222746.JPG

green = contract free
    yellow = contract expires
    red = in contract

nightrave wrote: »
    It's probably for those, who would get it anyway, regardless of the plan. So for those like me :)
    i've done that before, wont be doing it again this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭beardo81

Whats the price at CPW? Can't see it on the deposit page.

could be anything from free up to 600 or so depending on contract

• Advertisement

I've been making a chart to see if i can work out what is best using some prices that are avialable
    i make very few calls, a few hundred texts and use about 2gig of data per month. this is what i have so far so i will be going PAYG i think

green = contract free
    yellow = contract expires
    red = in contract

Thanks. looks like PAYG it is.

yep, 299 on a 45eu 12 month contract (or something similar to that) is the cut off point for me to change to a contract but no network is offering anything like that.

and thats before you add in the "unlimted" data you get on 3 PAYG

yep, 299 on a 45eu 12 month contract (or something similar to that) is the cut off point for me to change to a contract but no network is offering anything like that.

and thats before you add in the "unlimted" data you get on 3 PAYG

That's true!
    Do you think 3 will have many PAYG on launch?

three dont even have a launch date yet :/

i'm hoping they will have a few anyway when they get around to selling it. I'll wait until they do as I'm not prepared to spend the extra 70eu to go sim free (or buy from the UK).

I've been meteor bill pay for years and they always had upgrades available for me but, realising that ive been spending a fortune on a bill i dont even use, i switched to 3pay when my contract expired in july so I dont really know what to expect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

It has landed. Well it actually arrived at 14:00, but I'm only home an hour and just spent the last while setting it up. Below is a picture of everything in the box.

Anyone want any specific photos, then by all means ask away.

be3SIl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭thomasj

Thor wrote: »
    and it has landed. Well it actually arrived at 14:00, but I'm only home an hour and just spent the last while setting it up. Below is a picture of everything in the box.

be3SIl.jpg

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it

Including what its like to make a call on it.

Also reading the many, apprently there is a "one hand operation" setting for some apps. I would be curious to hear from you if this makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭beardo81

It has landed. Well it actually arrived at 14:00, but I'm only home an hour and just spent the last while setting it up. Below is a picture of everything in the box.

be3SIl.jpg

I would like a photo of you signing it over to me if thats possible? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Threads merged

thomasj wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it

Including what its like to make a call on it.

Also reading the many, apprently there is a "one hand operation" setting for some apps. I would be curious to hear from you if this makes a difference.

I just turned on the one handed operation there. Here is the few apps that it changes.

GVrXpl.pngvNSPgl.png
    sorYxl.pngYzu9Wl.png

As far as using it as a phone. There really is not much different compared to the galaxy note 1 or galaxy s3. I find it perfectly fine. Now that could be just me as I have big hands and I had the note 1, so I'm just use to it.
    beardo81 wrote: »
    I would like a photo of you signing it over to me if thats possible? :D

SXEfJl.png

Not what you had in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

@thor
    the preview feature seems quite gimmicky and not something ud use much, any thoughts on it and using the s-pen in general? is it more responsive than on the note1?

adamski8 wrote: »
    @thor
    the preview feature seems quite gimmicky and not something ud use much, any thoughts on it and using the s-pen in general? is it more responsive than on the note1?

To be honest, the feature is there after all. I may or may not use it, but it is nice to see them adding more functionality using the s-pen and now it doesn't just act like a stylus.

I have been using the s-pen for awhile now and I can say without a doubt that it is more responsive and more accurate. It just feels like it's more there. It's hard to describe but it doesn't actually feel like a stylus and does feel a lot like an actual pen.

Thor could you try the dual screen functionality. basically hold down the back button for a few secs and at the side a list of apps should appear use the pen to drag one of them across and you should see two screens on display at once!

Could you try it? There's rumours it might not be on the international version.

Cheers!

Thor could you try the dual screen functionality. basically hold down the back button for a few secs and at the side a list of apps should appear use the pen to drag one of them across and you should see two screens on display at once!

Cheers!

The rumors are correct. It seems the multi-window support is not yet added to the firmware. So my guess is that it's around the corner.

I'm currently installed Omega rom 1.1 and Indie(creator of the rom) has said he will add the support once the firmware version is online.

Shouldn't be too long now.

anything else of....note?

Cheers!

The rumors are correct. It seems the multi-window support is not yet added to the firmware. So my guess is that it's around the corner.

I'm currently installed Omega rom 1.1 and Indie(creator of the rom) has said he will add the support once the firmware version is online.

Shouldn't be too long now.

That's great news cheers for that Thor. Looking forward to that function!

I've still got my doubts with regards to using it as a phone. Have you managed to make any calls with it yet? How does it feel up against the ear and in the hand? Is there much of a difference to the feel of a galaxy s3?

• Advertisement

That's great news cheers for that Thor. Looking forward to that function!

I've still got my doubts with regards to using it as a phone. Have you managed to make any calls with it yet? How does it feel up against the ear and in the hand? Is there much of a difference to the feel of a galaxy s3?

Yeah, I have had a few calls and obviously it feels bigger, but it doesn't feel any different. I hold it the exact same way I did my Galaxy s3.

The one thing that I do love is that I can type fast again. Going from the original note to the galaxy s3 was somewhat of a speed bump. The size of this screen just feels perfect and keep in mind that width wise, it's actually smaller than the original note.

Overall I'm super happy to have what I considering the perfect sized smartphone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

Sorry did of a novice here - I see in your post Thor that you are using Omega Rom - is that something you downloaded or is that the os on the phone that comes in packet?

M007 wrote: »
    Sorry did of a novice here - I see in your post Thor that you are using Omega Rom - is that something you downloaded or is that the os on the phone that comes in packet?

It's a custom rom for this device that I installed. It's fairly stock at the moment. The creator(indie) is amazing an his future roms are something to look forward. Assuming you go that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nightrave

It's a custom rom for this device that I installed. It's fairly stock at the moment. The creator(indie) is amazing an his future roms are something to look forward. Assuming you go that way.

Any troubles at rooting? Quick and painless?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 eireluke

Carphone are taking 50 euro deposits on all carriers. Ends end of day though. A reliable source from carphone told me it launches next Tuesday but mightnt be able to buy it until that Friday or maybe even the monday. When I placed my deposit u could see what stores have stock already. Swords dun laoire blackrock. On a 50 a month contract it will be around 250 euro

nightrave wrote: »
    Any troubles at rooting? Quick and painless?

3 minutes work to root. I love how there is always root for devices even before launch. Love the work that is done by chainfire and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Going to Thailand next month, would I be able to get one there and would it work over here. I'm thinking it would be considerable cheaper.

eireluke wrote: »
    Carphone are taking 50 euro deposits on all carriers. Ends end of day though. A reliable source from carphone told me it launches next Tuesday but mightnt be able to buy it until that Friday or maybe even the monday. When I placed my deposit u could see what stores have stock already. Swords dun laoire blackrock. On a 50 a month contract it will be around 250 euro

why would they lauch it tuesday but your not able to buy until the friday?

I know they are stupid in-store. But they rang me this morning saying I can collect it today. Collecting it in the morning though. Only preorder ones came in store

• Advertisement

I know they are stupid in-store. But they rang me this morning saying I can collect it today. Collecting it in the morning though. Only preorder ones came in store

Advertisement