Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options
  • 03-09-2012 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread for this, so taught it wise to get one going and see who will be getting one.

I had the original Galaxy Note and sold it to upgrade to the Galaxy S3, mainly because it has a quad-core processor. Always intended to go for the Galaxy note II when it came out.

Anyway, Below are the specs and they look pretty amazing.

5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display(1280 x 720)
    Exynos Quad-Core processor(same as SGS3) only clocked too 1.6GHz
    2GB of Ram
    16/32/64GB sizes available(plus MicroSD slot)
    8 Megapixel camera
    3100 mAh battery
    151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm

Here is a link to check out the other specs(Galaxy Note II specs)

Anyway, first off, loving the fact they went with a bigger screen and did so keep the over all size of the device down. In fact, the width of the device is smaller than the original note(reason why resolution is smaller)

Samsung have taken the S-pen and gone further this time. They have quadrupled the amount of touch-points on the digitizer of the S-pen compared to the original Note. This will make for a much smoother recognition of the stylus and allow for better accuracy. Also the pen is a little thicker and has a rubber edge out on the button as the original S-Pen made it hard to find the button.

Samsung have also decided cover the entire system with more S-Pen focused functionally which is great.

Overall, I'm looking forward to reviewing it next month. The Galaxy Note sold over 10 million devices, so there is a market for this sized phone. So anyone going to be getting one? no word from the networks over here on if they are going to be picking it up, but a few left the Note and missed out on a lot of sales.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GiveMeStrength

I currently have an iPhone 4 and in general have no complaints with the phone. BUT this is a serious piece of hardware.

I read the full review of it on http://www.gsmarena.com/ and it really is way ahead of anything else on the market currently. I think anyway.

I checked O2 and there is no mention of it in the coming soon section so we will just have to wait until October to see what the craic is.

If you do get the phone I would be interested in hearing your opinion on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I'll be getting one, hopefully one of the network picks it up and hopefully it will be availabe in that red color

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

Hey, does anyone know if Ireland will be getting the Note 2 in October? And will it be coming to O2? My contract expires on the 28th and I either want to upgrade to the Galaxy S III or a Galaxy Note 2. (From an iPhone, just getting bored of iOS)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

gsmarena.co.uk has a full review....but it dosen't have 1080p screen.

That's....not what I asked...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

its looks pretty great, think ill be getting one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Jarren wrote: »
    I saw that thread but I just wanted to know if anybody else would know (through an intense google search lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Three: Sheena M

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Perfect. I am due an upgrade in November. Big is good for me:D

• Advertisement

looks like its gonna cost ~€650 sim free, ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

Will be definately looking at this when it comes, having had a new iPhone every year since launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Was checking out the original Note today. It really does seem stupidly big at first but then starts to feel OK. For some reason I seriously want one!! Has anyone here got the original Note as their daily driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nightrave

Carphonewarehouse also confirmed it to me through facebook, that they are getting the note2 in October.

Anyone know about O2 getting this?

nightrave wrote: »
    Carphonewarehouse also confirmed it to me through facebook, that they are getting the note2 in October.

US are getting it oct 21st and europe is meant to before this, strange it hasnt been announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

Why won't vodafone or o2 announce if and when they are selling this phone?

uk are getting it 1-2 october, 699€

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

beardo81 wrote: »
    Was checking out the original Note today. It really does seem stupidly big at first but then starts to feel OK. For some reason I seriously want one!! Has anyone here got the original Note as their daily driver?

yep- sold mine yesterday- tbh it is a little too big-even if you have big hands. If your happy to depend on both hands to comfortably use the phone then go ahead- I thought I'd be happy enough with that but it slowly became a pain in the arse. Changing over to an s3 instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Using it looks fine, but taking calls looks a bit
    ridiculous. I do want the bigger screen but its a big leap from my 4.3" Sensation. Wonder if the rumors of a 5" HTC are true...? If I don't get one though I'll never satisfy my curiosity!

cojomo2 wrote: »

yep- sold mine yesterday- tbh it is a little too big-even if you have big hands. If your happy to depend on both hands to comfortably use the phone then go ahead- I thought I'd be happy enough with that but it slowly became a pain in the arse. Changing over to an s3 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Just got one couple of days ago and I have to say it's a brilliant machine. I use my phone a lot for browsing the web and it's just perfect for that. In fact I'm using it right now to write this post.
    Will probably look at getting Note 2 when the price drops a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

yes i have the note. its the best phone i have used. I have used htc hero , legend , desire, san franscisco , iphone , montecarlo and for me this is by far and away the best phone.

for writing emails its unbeatable ...
    s-pen + swype = super fast typing.
    and i do mean super fast.

this practically negates the need for a 7 inch tablet too.
    for watching videos its very good - so if you are commuting you wont need a tablet.

having said that its not for everyone.
    if you are overly concerned about what strangers think of you using a phone thats bigger than normal then you should give it a miss.

i use the s-pen more than i thought i would.
    i even use it for texting as well.
    also for browsing.

you can get extra 32 gig sd card for around 20 euro - so space is never an issue.
    camera is very very clear.

after using this for a couple of weeks you will find it difficult to go back to a smaller screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

So any info on release dates with the various networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Still no word on an official release date, but looks like it may be early October when we can expect it to drop. Three have said they will have it sometime during October.

Going to be selling my galaxy S3 once we have the info, can't wait to get the Note2. Really did miss the big screen from the original Note.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

What can we expect the price to be 500/600?

On the size the note,whats it like carrying in your pocket, awkward ?

What os will this have?

What can we expect the price to be 500/600?

On the size the note,whats it like carrying in your pocket, awkward ?

What os will this have?

I think the base price for the 16GB is like 699 give or take depending where you buy it.

It will come with Jelly bean and since it's technically smaller than the original Note, then it will be fine for carrying around. I had no issues with the Note 1 and to be honest, I think it's more a phone than any other device.

Just to quickly and a note, it looks like the release date may be October 1st, both gummobile and clove are reporting stock due on the 1st, so maybe next week when we can expect to be able to get the Note 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Looks like 16th October release, price on Amazon is 700 GBP. Wowsers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Advertisement