Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

00sully wrote: »
    Rang meteor in blanchardstown in stock in grey gonna head up to try it out later :)

And im typing on a shiney new grey note2. Its big :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭thomasj

Rang meteor in blanchardstown in stock in grey gonna head up to try it out later :)

Is big a good thing?

How does it feel in the hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

have you looked in the mirror while holding it up to your ear? :D
    Seriously though, what's it like making a call?
    Does it fit into your pocket?

After being dissappointed with the i5, i decided on the S3, but now i'm thinking of this. Don't know if it will be too big. Waiting to see one on display first.

thomasj wrote: »
    Is big a good thing?

How does it feel in the hand?

Im coming from the s2 so it's a big jump! I've small hands too but I love it so far the screen is amazing :eek:

It's pocketable too for me but haven't tried a skinnier Jean yet haha.

Always used the s2 with 2 hands so it's not that much of an adjustment so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

screen seems normal to me now.

making calls is the exact same as any other phone, click call and hold it to ones ear! but i have been laughed at by friends. they just jealous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i leave the country for 12 hours and miss my chance to get a grey note on meteor !

hopefully i can get one tomorrow, was there much stock 00sully?

Seemed to be in blanch but everyone there seemed to want the ip5 so more note for us :D

Got it for 250 on the 25/m contract over 18 months. Last 6 months is at 30/month tho. Ah its class am trying out the auto shapes for creating diagrams in s note really slick hopefully i can retire my A4 pad now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

I went to carphonewarehouse in nutgrove and by chance I got a note 2 in grey! Its simply awesome. Will take a bit of getting ised to coming from a HTC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Hogan1 wrote: »
    I went to carphonewarehouse in nutgrove and by chance I got a note 2 in grey! Its simply awesome. Will take a bit of getting ised to coming from a HTC

you coming from the onex.

thats what i am on now and very tempted to make the purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

Hogan1 wrote: »

you coming from the onex.

thats what i am on now and very tempted to make the purchase

No I had the htc desire hd (great phone) and so glad I waited! The note 2 is a seriois piece of kit. Screen is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Did anybody get simfree gt2? I am searching and looking with no luck... I don't want bill pay...

didn't ask if Meteor had ones to give as payg but you can order online for cheaper - see my earlier post on panamoz and if you do B/T to pay for it with them you get it for 5% cheaper :)

BIG :D
    223416.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭thomasj

didn't ask if Meteor had ones to give as payg but you can order online for cheaper - see my earlier post on panamoz and if you do B/T to pay for it with them you get it for 5% cheaper :)

223416.png

That version of boards looks good on it! Which version is it?

thomasj wrote: »
    That version of boards looks good on it! Which version is it?

it's the desktop version with the beta skin with floating menus...doesn't actually work that well in portrait on the note2 - works ok in landscape but I don't like the floating menus on mobile :(

just flashed omega v3 Rom - niiiiiiicccccccce :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just ordered mine online sim free. Now to play the waiting game. Got fed up waiting for networks to get it on PAYG.

just flashed omega v3 Rom - niiiiiiicccccccce :pac:

What is Omega Rom v3 like?
    Much difference in appearance from stock?

Just ordered mine online sim free. Now to play the waiting game. Got fed up waiting for networks to get it on PAYG.

Where did you get this from?

223416.png

Is it sim free from meteor?

iwo wrote: »
    Where did you get this from?

Here
    Someone here said they bought off them before with no trouble.

Here
    Someone here said they bought off them before with no trouble.

Im trying to purchase but getting error message when paying through paypal... How did you pay? Credit card?

• Advertisement

iwo wrote: »
    Im trying to purchase but getting error message when paying through paypal... How did you pay? Credit card?

I was getting that too. What I did is click proceed to checkout, bottom yellow box. (You will still pay by paypal at the end)
    Next click checkout as guest or sign up if you want.
    Then at payment options click the top paypal logo, as if you click the bottom you will get the same error message as before, as I did.

panamoz also do 5% off if you pay with a bank transfer - takes them a day to set up the invoice for this thought but passing on the savings to bypass visa/paypal charges is a nice option :)

panamoz also do 5% off if you pay with a bank transfer - takes them a day to set up the invoice for this thought but passing on the savings to bypass visa/paypal charges is a nice option :)

Were you the user who bought off them before?
    Where are they based England or China?

I was getting that too. What I did is click proceed to checkout, bottom yellow box. (You will still pay by paypal at the end)
    Next click checkout as guest or sign up if you want.
    Then at payment options click the top paypal logo, as if you click the bottom you will get the same error message as before, as I did.

Ok, thanks for help - got it ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

Had a play with a dummy one in Newbridge.

With the small bezel around the screen there doesn't seem to be a lot of space to hold the thing without pressing something on the screen.

Current Note owners - have you ever dropped yours / had many near misses ?

long_b wrote: »

With the small bezel around the screen there doesn't seem to be a lot of space to hold the thing without pressing something on the screen.

Not yet - I'm worried when I do I might crack a tile :pac:

Were you the user who bought off them before?
    Where are they based England or China?

aye, I bought a 7.7 tab from them had in 3 days no hassle :) I was recommended that site by a fellow boardsie!

long_b wrote: »

Well your hand barely makes it around the phone to hold it by the edges so you would have to have a massive hand to be able to go around the corners and touch the screen with your holding hand. I think they have put the power button in the wrong place as I'm pressing it quite a bit while holding it.

I don't know why people associate a big phone with dropping it. I would think if anything the smaller the more likely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

picked mine up yesterday, very impressed with screen, audio and device performance so far. still unsure if i find the s-pen a bit gimmicky or not as there is very little integration outside of the stock samsung apps, which i have always deleted in the past. battery life seems comparable with my s2 on a good day which is impressive as i would have been playing with it quite a lot yesterday.
    for comparison, my s2 and the note2 were on around 80% at lunch time yesterday,
    barely using the s2 its now on 36% and the note with moderate (no video) was at 58%
    i didnt put either of them in airplane mode over night

i really like burst mode on the camera and it great to have a notification LED again.

has anyone bought a flip cover? ive never used one, but my s2 was is showing many signs of wear so am thinking this will be even worse
    the official one looks pretty good
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/36373-genuine-samsung-galaxy-note-2-flip-cover---silver---efc-1j9fsegstd.htm

Agreed about the s pen. It would be nice if it worked on all apps. I am liking it for scrolling. If you hover it near the end of the Page a little arrow appears and starts scrolling. I wish it scrolled faster though. Anyone know if it's possible to increase the speed.

• Advertisement

I'd probably buy the cover @ €20 - near €40 is taking the piss imo.

try the s-pen with the swype keyboard - hugely increase your typing speed!

Advertisement