Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I am with 3. My upgrade is due in October and looking forward to picking up the Note. The size is the main draw for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭pah

I do find the note a little big at times. right now it has a cracked screen and Im going to claim on the house insurance. Thinking if i get a cheque for the value i might try get note2. Specs are pretty awesome. quad core 2gb ram and nfc are the decreases imo. Also the possibility of 128gb storage :D

The note2 Looks a little slimmer alongside the note on a YouTube video i saw.

Note2 dimensions.

BODY

Dimensions 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm

Weight 180 g

Note dimensions

BODY

Dimensions 146.9 x 83 x 9.7 mm

Weight 178 g

So 4.2mm longer but 1.5mm narrower and. 3 thinner. Looks a better fit in hand to me.

Dawn i get fidgety when i want new tech.

i was a tad worried about one handed texting but i see it has the option of moving the keyboard closer to the right or left, which is pretty cool. hope the price plans arent going to be too massive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm quite interested in this, for anyone who has the original note - how is it in pockets/etc? I have a Sensation (4.3") and I don't ever notice it in my pocket...

dulpit wrote: »
    I'm quite interested in this, for anyone who has the original note - how is it in pockets/etc? I have a Sensation (4.3") and I don't ever notice it in my pocket...

Have it in my pocket a lot, mostly back left actually. No problem sitting into car or couch. In much the same way you get used to a new wallet taking up space in your pocket. The cracked screen is cos i let my 4 yr old carry it in from the car - she thought she would be helpful and bring the keys, sunglasses, bottle of coke and the Note at the same time :rolleyes:

I'm pretty certain this is my next phone, just need to actually see and feel the thing in my hand...

• Advertisement

Looks like the official uk release is tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'm pretty certain this is my next phone, just need to actually see and feel the thing in my hand...

I am thinking of nabbing this on my upgrade due in Nov, as long as the price isn't too severe.

Inquitus wrote: »
    I am thinking of nabbing this on my upgrade due in Nov, as long as the price isn't too severe.

Aye... Anyone know what the original Note was at release?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Any info from meteor on this phone can't seem to find anything.

Aye... Anyone know what the original Note was at release?

Got mine with three €69 on a 2 yr contract.

Im thinking about changing my s3 for the note 2 would there be much difference in price.

Craigels wrote: »
    Any info from meteor on this phone can't seem to find anything.

no irish price or release date yet which is very strange

What could be the delay on the Samsung mobile Ireland said on facebook they say info coming soon

they were very late in announcing it in every market so far so hopefully its coming here soon. still very strange they cant give a date

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

I've been convinced. I want this phone. 620 is expensive sim free. Hopefully meteor will have it on bill pay at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I'm also convinced. This is the phone that will get me back on bill pay if the price is right

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

Eagerly awaiting updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Is this for sale on any of the Irish carriers yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Im thinking about changing my s3 for the note 2 would there be much difference in price.

Interested to hear why, just out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Extra 20 euro sim free (source: expansys.ie)

video added of a drop test done for a galaxy note 2. Not that I'd recommend people trying it themselves. It also shows what the phablet looks like up to the ear.

I want one and will be getting one! :)

One other thing that I like about it is if I am on the phone And need to jot down something just by pulling out the pen it opens up the notepad!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Now available on three.ieeeeeeeeeee

just ordered!

what plan did you go for?
    PAYG seems to make most sense to me, as i usually change my phone every 12 months or so anyway. If i buy on three bill it would be the first time I've ever gone over 12 months on a contract.
    I've done a few samples up (only selecting plans with AYCE data)

222622.JPG

phone resale values are estimates using this info and prepay value of 599
    http://priceonomics.com/phones/#cell-phone-depreciation

Is it all 16gb models? Gonna hold off for 64 i think

i was wondering that myself, there is not info on the three page. I'm guessing its 16GB only at those prices

• Advertisement

theyve taken it down now!

Advertisement