Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds/Apps 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lola73

Anyone heard from MHC yet - Final round interviews are meant to be this Friday.....?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dal86

Lola73 wrote: »
    Anyone heard from MHC yet - Final round interviews are meant to be this Friday.....?!

Haven't heard a thing from them.....

I guess that's kind of good news?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Albert_Roi

I haven't heard from MHC but a friend of mine heard from them yesterday to invite her to a second round interview on Friday.

Guess that means it's a PFO for me. Not at all surprised...I did awful in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

Anyone hear back from Matheson yet? How did the interviews go for ye? Also anyone going to McCann's, any tips on their style of interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Wannabe Solicitor

Anyone hear back from Matheson yet? How did the interviews go for ye? Also anyone going to McCann's, any tips on their style of interview?

Haven't heard anything from Matheson, they said they would let people know by close of business today...I'm expecting a PFO tho. I guess they will inform successful candidates first.

Anyone have any tips for A&L? What is this one page doc like?

Did it not go well for you Wannabe solicitor? So unsure as to how mine went. The questions they asked me were really tough...so hoping it's not a PFO.

No clue about A&L, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Got a call from Matheson just now.Anyone know what second round is like?

I went for an interview with A&L for the summer internship,and we got a hypothetical business and legal scenario to discuss.Not sure if it's quite the same thing,but if it is,try and use this methodology: Go through the issues your scenario raises,set out a course of action and most importantly, give reasons for it.I remember mine had to do with a stolen laptop and data protection implications.

Mind you,I didn't get the internship,so what do I know.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

you've plenty of time to prepare the a&l document and you can ask questions of the trainees in the waiting room with you. they were very helpful. My one had nothing to do with current affairs. Was, as tea-a-maria said a hypothetical business scenario. Perhaps look at their values and try to figure out how they as a firm would use these values to decide how to deal with an issue.

I'm guessing that's a PFO from Matheson for me so. Getting so disheartened.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice Tea-a-Maria and Ownleme, really appreciate it!

Congrats on getting to the next round Tea-a-Maria, I can only imagine that it will be tougher and perhaps include more commercial awareness qs but you are obviously well able for it if you got this far so don't worry!

Best of luck with the other interviews anyway guys!!

PFO's out from Matheson anyway so if you haven't got one yet maybe you're still in with a shot for a call back Wannabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Law8890

If anyone is lookin to buy company law legislation for fe1s .. I have the student edition of McCann and Courtney! Bought it in October so it's up to date. Only used once.

Also have GCD Constitutional Sample Answers from the one day revision course for sale.

Send me your email and ill get in contact!

PFO's out from Matheson anyway so if you haven't got one yet maybe you're still in with a shot for a call back Wannabe.

Thanks Eartha but I got one too....guess I'll just have to keep trying!:rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll get there eventually :D Good luck!

Can anyone remember if we had to attach CV's to our McCann applications. I can't recall and I'm just wondering whether there's any point going over it study-wise now? Thanks in advance. Really appreciate it guys.

dont think so

Hopefully we'll get there eventually :D Good luck!

Some day! :confused:

was anyone else's DE interview 10mins long? also if anyone hears back from A&L today could they post so I know to start preparing myself for the worst!cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C2012

Ownleme wrote: »
    was anyone else's DE interview 10mins long? also if anyone hears back from A&L today could they post so I know to start preparing myself for the worst!cheers
    Woah 10 mins....was it just a cv chat or what,,,maybe they just wanted to know who u are before they start asking commercial questions:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Albert_Roi

Ownleme wrote: »
    My DE interview was also very short - 15/20 minutes and it was really basic questions. I think I asked them as many questions as they asked me! I find it hard to see how they're going to go from 140 applicants to 30 on the basis of that interview. They were very nice and friendly to me though.

A&L told my group that they're finishing interviews today and then they're having a group meeting where the decisions on who to make the offers to will be made. They said then they'll ring the successful people today and tomorrow. I'd say it will be in the evening though for anyone who gets called today as today's interviews are probably until lunchtime. Meeting after lunch and then maybe start calling people at around 3.30 onwards. Just guessing of course here.

Good luck to everyone waiting on a call from A&L...fingers crossed for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MiniMM

What type of questions did DE ask???

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RizzleKick

Anybody hear anything from Maples re second round or was anybody told when they expect to have made a decision about who they will call back??it's been a week now so I'm just getting a little nervous!

DE was short for me aswel they opened the interview telling me everything that I would want to ask about the traineeship so I didnt have much to ask...hope that was ok for them!!they said about a 2week wait for them!!:(

A&L....let the wait begin!!!good luck to everyone and please post when you hear so I can uncross my fingers....and toes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Oreo12

Maples were still doing their first round interviews this week. They told me that they would get back re second round next week and that the second round interviews do not start until the 10th of December. My DE interview was also really short!

Was anyone told when WF will be calling? Friday or Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommyslev

apparently people have been recieving letters today from Eversheds! havent been home yet to check but does anyone have an interview and what day? christmas exams could be in the way...

I have an interview with Eversheds this Saturday. Didn't get a letter about that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommyslev

must be a pfo so, they obviously rang earlier in the week?

Yeah they rang earlier in the week. But I wouldn't lose the faith though! Some of the smaller firms tend to call at different stages for first round interview. I spoke with a friend yesterday and he told me he is going for a 1st round interview with LK Shields, and I had mine 4 weeks ago like!... So keep the faith :)

Oreo12 wrote: »
    Yeah they rang earlier in the week. But I wouldn't lose the faith though! Some of the smaller firms tend to call at different stages for first round interview. I spoke with a friend yesterday and he told me he is going for a 1st round interview with LK Shields, and I had mine 4 weeks ago like!... So keep the faith :)

Does that mean that LK Shields haven't decided who they are going to interview for their second round yet? I also had my first interview weeks ago so was presuming it was a PFO at this stage!

• Advertisement

I presume that is the case with LK Shields if they are still doing 1st round interviews. I haven't heard anything from them anyway, no call for second round or a pfo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement