Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds/Apps 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommyslev

have any of ye heard if Eversheds do interviews on days other than saturdays? typical that I have exams on the next 2 saturdays (8th and 15th)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wannabe Solicitor

Oreo12 wrote: »
    I presume that is the case with LK Shields if they are still doing 1st round interviews. I haven't heard anything from them anyway, no call for second round or a pfo.

Oh cool, because they never sent pfo to people who didn't make it to the first round, I presumed they were doing the same for those who didn't make it to the next round. But its good to hear that there is hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

yeah my eversheds letter was a pfo

re wf i heard that they were gonna ring fri or sat but not from my interviewers. probably just another candidate who said that. can't remember.

yeah i heard that too about A&L. I guess it depends if they come to an agreement quickly about who they want to take or not. but yeah I think discussions started after lunch.

DE: Yeah cv chat exactly. I heard two weeks aswell so just gonna forget about it for the moment i think. they're certainly making it tough on themselves to narrow things down from that. was probably the 2nd least informative application form too! One lady was nice but i thought the other was a bit sour. Literally only questions about the application form. Well also why did I want to work with a firm like theirs. And what did I know about the firm. Otherwise just why did i choose law. And talked about my legal experience. that was probably all they had time to ask!

can't believe LK Shields are still calling people to interview. I haven't heard negatively from them so maybe I won''t rule it out! Although perhaps they've just taken 4weeks to do all their first round interviews.

Anyone receive an offer from A&L or know of anyone who did? Just wondering if they made their offers this evening for definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 voter7777

Anyone heard back from AC?

• Advertisement

i think someone posted a while back that they'd heard yeah

Saw that alright. Jus tone post though...Oh well!!

true. was thinking that about A&L as well though. Considering only max30ppl get it what are the chances that someone who did is on this?

Compared to other years nobody is talking about AC this year

I know, thought somebody might have heard of a friend or something being offered! Those that were offered themselves are prob out celebrating not looking at this!

• Advertisement

voter7777 wrote: »
    Compared to other years nobody is talking about AC this year

From what I can tell there was more discussion about every firm in previous years, but it is strange that you haven't heard back from AC yet, they are normally good for letting people know quickly either way!

Well they said it'd be 10 days to two weeks. Only thing I'm going on is that one post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 butterball2

A couple of friends have heard back from AC mainly on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week

Oh well. Maybe next year for me:P

that's wierd about more discussion of AC in previous years. Maybe they've taken in less people. Defo thought they would've got back to you either way tho. No1 mentioned getting a pfo either in fairness.

True about people probably celebrating rather than posting but you'd think even if no1 on here got it at least some1 wud know someone who did

Oh well, you never know so, you might still be lucky!

Optimism I think!!

considering last years thread is 60pages plus there must be less discussion in general this year if we're only at 15 and the process is coming to an end. unless it carried on discussing internships

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

Lurker checking in, I got the call from A&L this evening at around 6! They said they'd be calling people between this evening and this morning, so perhaps they haven't finished yet :)

Also, I only did my Maples interview a few days ago so I guess they might still be interviewing and that's why they haven't gotten back in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Albert_Roi

Well done LostOutForeign.

I got the call from A&L last night at around 7pm. Really delighted.

Fingers crossed for everyone here waiting on A&L today!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

Albert_Roi wrote: »
    My DE interview was also very short - 15/20 minutes and it was really basic questions. I think I asked them as many questions as they asked me! I find it hard to see how they're going to go from 140 applicants to 30 on the basis of that interview. They were very nice and friendly to me though.

A&L told my group that they're finishing interviews today and then they're having a group meeting where the decisions on who to make the offers to will be made. They said then they'll ring the successful people today and tomorrow. I'd say it will be in the evening though for anyone who gets called today as today's interviews are probably until lunchtime. Meeting after lunch and then maybe start calling people at around 3.30 onwards. Just guessing of course here.

Good luck to everyone waiting on a call from A&L...fingers crossed for us all!

Hi- yes my DE interview was super short. 10-15 mins. IMO- i think its basically a personality test to see if they could envision you working with them. you have 10 mins to sell yourself. its basically a tell me all about yourself. i think they seem really genuine. its hard to tell though if it went well as im sure every one's interview was very comfortable. i think second round they'll prob go tough!! any ideas when we'll hear? i really like their attitude compared to alot of places these guys are the real deal!

• Advertisement

well done guys on your offers from A&L. Anyone here from them this morning?

Looking like that's out for me so now moving on to WF. Similar story if anyone hears back if they could post. I wonder if they're gonna ring you to tell you you didn't get it?

That's a good way to look at the DE one actually. Not great if you travelled a long way for 10mins tho! I thought they just said next few weeks or something

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Ownleme wrote: »
    Looking like that's out for me so now moving on to WF. Similar story if anyone hears back if they could post. I wonder if they're gonna ring you to tell you you didn't get it?

I was reading back on last years thread and those who didn't get offers got PFO emails on the Friday evening, but can't figure out whether those who got it were called or whether they got an email too!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Onanon

When are McCanns contacting people? I've an accountancy traineeship with E&Y, but I want to hear from the law firms before I accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Law8890

I was reading back on last years thread and those who didn't get offers got PFO emails on the Friday evening, but can't figure out whether those who got it were called or whether they got an email too!

WF ring with offers and email you if you didn't get it as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Seems like I'm the only one who had a rubbish interview with DE!Nerves got the better of me on the day.:(

Congrats to anyone who got a contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

McCanns told me they'd be in contact early next week, so i'm presuming around Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bouchez

Anybody heard from WF?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Nope, still waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Oreo12

nope, nothing yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Yoshimi1983

No not yet. I absolutely feel sick with the nerves. ugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement