Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds/Apps 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dal86

MHC were calling around regarding interviews this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

Does anyone know if McCanns is just one round of interviews or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Did you get called Dal89? I wonder will they email/ write saying no or just ring people confirming they have interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Albert_Roi

Just to give you my update.

I applied to 9 firms: McCann Fitzgerald, William Fry, A&L Goodbody, Arthur Cox, MOPs (now Matheson), Mason Hayes & Curran, LK Shields, Byrne Wallace and Dillon Eustace.

I have already went to interviews in Arthur Cox (group interview) and LK Shields. I got a PFO from AC after the group interview stage and I have yet to hear back from LK Shields in relation to whether I have progressed to the next round. I had my interview there last week and they said that they should let us know by the end of this week. Has anyone heard anything from LK Shields about the next round of interviews yet?

I have scheduled interviews the week after next in A&L Goodbody, Mason Hayes & Curran and Dillon Eustace.

I got outright PFOs from McCann Fitzgerald and William Fry.

I have yet to hear anything from either Matheson or Byrne Wallace. Has anyone heard anything from these two firms?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

congrats on those results. did u apply for lk shields for 2014? i think its so weird that you can get so far with some places n others disregard you straight off. byrne wallace rang me today.

• Advertisement

Thanks, congrats yourself.

Yes, indeed. It is very unusual how some firms ask you to interview stage and some reject you outright. I guess different firms want different things and different criteria but it is strange.

Can I ask when you found out about MHC and What date is your interview? was it a call or email? I have an interview with DE in two weeks got the call last wk and got my pfo from AC last week!:(

I suspect that is a PFO for me from Byrne Wallace then if they contacted you today. Although A&L contacted my friend three days before they contacted me so it's very hard to know.

I think emails tend to all be sent at the same time but calls, by their very nature, can take several days, depending on the firm.

Congrats anyways to you, that is a good outcome! I was waiting all day checking my email/phone but nothing:(

Can I ask when you found out about MHC and What date is your interview? was it a call or email? I have an interview with DE in two weeks got the call last wk and got my pfo from AC last week!:(

I found out about MHC on Wednesday. They called me and sent an email. My interview is the week after next.

• Advertisement

Congrats anyways to you, that is a good outcome! I was waiting all day checking my email/phone but nothing:(

I know the feeling. It's really awful. My friend got called by MHC in the morning so I was waiting all day for a call and thought that I got a PFO when they didn't call but then they called late in the evening.

I know how gruelling the process is but I think it's better to know if the firms have given their interview invites rather than just waiting and wondering if they have contacted anyone yet. That's why I'm posting mine.

Oh definitely the waiting game is the worst part! Its a bitter sting then after for a small while but still, I would like an email officially rejecting I think!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Onanon

Email from McCanns last night. Haven't heard from Byrne Wallace, but firms seem quite late this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Hi everyone, I'm also attending the drinks reception this evening and William fry and was wondering about the dress code. I was going to wear black jeans, a blouse and a blazer. I'm female FYI :) anyone think it needs up be more formal despite it stressing informal attire?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 unknown1990

I have my Arthur Cox interview tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea what they're asking/ looking for?

So nervous especially as I've heard nothing positive from anyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

I have my Arthur Cox interview tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea what they're asking/ looking for?

So nervous especially as I've heard nothing positive from anyone else!

Well done OP, and best of luck tomorrow. I didn't make it past the first round with AC, so I envy you;)

I would suggest that you know your CV inside out, know about the firm (their website will help + sources like The Lawyer (Google it)), know why you want to be a lawyer. Think of some questions, you might like to ask at the end of the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Has anyone heard back from LK Shields re second round interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GoldenBear

No word from LKS yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Lily Belle wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm also attending the drinks reception this evening and William fry and was wondering about the dress code. I was going to wear black jeans, a blouse and a blazer. I'm female FYI :) anyone think it needs up be more formal despite it stressing informal attire?

I am heading this evening but as a lad I doubt I can be of much assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

Just a heads up, MOP have sent out first round interview offers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

And the PFOs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tm48

Anyone hear anything from first interview yet?! I'm guesing its a no at this stage really...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wannabe Solicitor

tm48 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything from first interview yet?! I'm guesing its a no at this stage really...

I still haven't heard anything either so I'm presuming its a no too!?

I also still haven't heard anything from LK Shields about the first stage interview. They said they would contact me either late last week or early this week.

Also got a PFO from Matheson and I still haven't heard anything from Byrne Wallace but they seem to have been ringing some people so I presume that is a PFO for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommyslev

Anyone hear from Eversheds?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GoldenBear

Haven't heard from Eversheds at all myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Same, no word from Eversheds or LK Shields re 2nd round. They told me in my interview that the 2nd round interviews will be held tomorrow and friday... my spidey senses are telling me that's a PFO for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

If it helps I have heard no word from LK either, so here is hoping that they are just late with the invites!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Law8890

If it helps I have heard no word from LK either, so here is hoping that they are just late with the invites!

I haven't heard from LK Shields either, I presume they are running later then they expected ... Hopefully!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

mhc pfo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement