Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds/Apps 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 happyuser123

Just got a no from Matheson :(

mofos rang me to say it, which was kind of nice I suppose, but also slightly crushing as when they said it was them on the phone I assumed it was positive news!

Also, for those waiting on Eversheds, one of my interviewers said unprompted to me that it may not be till the end of the week even if a yes, as their decision process may take a while

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

Sorry to hear that happyuser123! Do you mind telling me when they called? Getting nervous waiting by the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 happyuser123

Just like 10m ago. The hr person was nice, she's also open to giving a basic level of feedback if you don't pry

Ok thanks! i'm pretty worried now cause surely they'd put the offers out before the rejections? Will just have to wait and see i suppose! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Law8890

Anybody else hear from McCann's or even Eversheds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DoLawTheySaid

Oreo12 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear from Maples re second round interview?

Still no word from Maples here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

I got a call from McCann's this morning at about 11am!

Did anyone else just never hear back from Eversheds? I'm starting to wonder if I just filled out the form incorrectly or something because all I've heard from them is an email back at the start of November saying that they'd received my application and that it may be some time before I'd hear from them... Weird.

Still no word from Maples either!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

I got an offer from McCann's too :)

I got an offer from McCann's too :)

Do you mind me asking when you heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

Half four!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 RapidRoamer

Has anyone heard back from Dillon Eustace or know when they are getting back to people.

Havn't heard from McCanns yet so i'm guessing it's a no! But on the bright side, got an offer from Matheson! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 OJ4

hey rapidroamer no i still havent heard from them....seems strange though ud think they would want to do those second interviews relatively soon considering how close to christmas its getting now and the fact the other firms have made their choices

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RapidRoamer

OJ4 wrote: »
    hey rapidroamer no i still havent heard from them....seems strange though ud think they would want to do those second interviews relatively soon considering how close to christmas its getting now and the fact the other firms have made their choices

That's exactly what I was thinking but you would also think that they would to get out and grab people instead of letting all the other firms get in first!

I think they might be getting back to people in the next few days. Had my interview last week and Im pretty sure he said next monday or tuesday!

No news is good news though

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

OJ4 wrote: »

what did u guys think of the DE interviews??

Anybody hear from McCanns today? I wonder are they still ringing or are all offers out?

ElmoLaw wrote: »

what did u guys think of the DE interviews??

My interviewers said it would be a week or two ... Unless they contact us sooner .. Hopefully they do! Think they said they were doing second round interviews a week or so before Xmas ... I could be wrong but I'm nearly positive ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 twinkle11

Anyone hear from eversheds today??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Oreo12

No word from Eversheds. Anyone hear from Maples?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

calmer about them now i know that everyone else's was the same!

love the way the A&L pfo did even give you the courtesy (had to look up how to spell that one!)
    "please try again next yr/for our summer internship" but was just like we don't want you now please go away and bother someone else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭LegallyAbroad

Ownleme wrote: »
    calmer about them now i know that everyone else's was the same!

love the way the A&L pfo did even give you the courtesy (had to look up how to spell that one!)
    "please try again next yr/for our summer internship" but was just like we don't want you now please go away and bother someone else!

Suppose it's kind of a one-shot thing with the likes of A&L, they demand is so great they're unlikely to be interested in someone they've already looked at extensively and decided not to go with. Still, they could say it anyway.

yeah true. i never knew if those "have you applied to us before" questions in the applications would rule you out straight off if you said yes but seems like they would. Just weird the way A&L does it but no1 else

pfo from DE

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cess2012

Sorry to hear that.

PFO in what form? E-mail or phonecall?

Cess2012 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.

PFO in what form? E-mail or phonecall?

Email I got one too!

I'm still holding out so! In work here, haven't received an e-mail yet. Left my phone at home by accident today!!

The suspense is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DoLawTheySaid

Oreo12 wrote: »
    No word from Eversheds. Anyone hear from Maples?
    Still no word from maples here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

Cess2012 wrote: »
    I'm still holding out so! In work here, haven't received an e-mail yet. Left my phone at home by accident today!!

The suspense is killing me

Oh no- im at work too have no way of checking my emails.

i presume like 1st round they'll ring with 2nd round offers so not having your phone must be awful. no email looks like a good sign tho!

• Advertisement

Yeah, i'm using a friends phone to check my e-mails! lol

Lets hope we get a call

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement