Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds/Apps 2012

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

I know for a fact there are a few people working in Big 6 law firms for the summer as a paralegal. What confused me is where do you find out about these jobs? Is it simply a case of a person applying for a summer internship and not getting it so they are offered a summer paralegal position by the firm? Or are there summer only paralegal slots available too? I was under the impression a paralegal was a longer contract usually someone who is studying for FE1s

Usually the Big firms may need additional temporary staff during the summer if they have big cases going to trial usually around November. They usually advertise of the law society website and as far as I know, you apply for it separately as they may not necessary looking for FE students but those who may have done a paralegal course. A paralegal isnt someone who just studies for the FE's, commonly they were legal secretaries who did the legal executive courses as you would earn more money as a paralegal than legal secretary but more and more new qualified solicitors and law undergraduate and postgraduates work in these roles just as it sometimes is the only work you'd get. So keep an eye on the law society website in the vacancies section! Usually they will give you an outline of what experience they would require to have as a paralegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

Finally a response from Philip Lee!! Interview next week! Anyone had any experience interviewing with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

Hey,

I have received a response from the Law Soc acknowledging receipt of my consent to enter into indentures application, and the letter says the Law Soc may call me for an interview in relation to any aspect of my application. Is this a standard letter or do they actually call people for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Hi guys,

I'm not too familiar with this thread or what it's about. Obviously I realise it's for interviews with top firms etc. But is there are process, do they take people on every year, when do they start accepting applications, where and when do you even look?

Sorry if I don't seem too informed, but I am coming to the end of my FE1's (hopefully be done with them come October) so I was just wondering on the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 happyuser123

Hellooo I'm just wondering does anyone know do the Big Five ever re-interview people if those people got to the final round of their interviews in the previous year?

I applied last year on a bit of a whim and did some interviews but no joy... But I've done a lot of stuff that they may like in the meantime. I'm wondering is there a chance they will reinterview me, or do they generally feel that if they've already met someone and said no, then they're not bothered to interview them again

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 apriori

Say one gets an offer for a training contract at a law firm in Dublin, how long does one have until it has to be accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

chops018 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm not too familiar with this thread or what it's about. Obviously I realise it's for interviews with top firms etc. But is there are process, do they take people on every year, when do they start accepting applications, where and when do you even look?

Sorry if I don't seem too informed, but I am coming to the end of my FE1's (hopefully be done with them come October) so I was just wondering on the above.

Applications are due around end of oct. check their websites. Usually quite a bit of info on them

Hellooo I'm just wondering does anyone know do the Big Five ever re-interview people if those people got to the final round of their interviews in the previous year?

I applied last year on a bit of a whim and did some interviews but no joy... But I've done a lot of stuff that they may like in the meantime. I'm wondering is there a chance they will reinterview me, or do they generally feel that if they've already met someone and said no, then they're not bothered to interview them again

Thanks

Personally I felt they weren't interested in me the second time but mayb cuz I'd done nothing in the meantime. Heard loads of ppl applying three times before being accepted

apriori wrote: »
    Say one gets an offer for a training contract at a law firm in Dublin, how long does one have until it has to be accepted?

Don't know personally but I think they give you an acceptance date mayb two weeks or so following the offer. Open to corrections on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

That massively depends. Most firms will tell you how long, usually a week or so, but not every firm is the same. Will also vary depending on whether its a big firm hiring years in advance or somewhere smaller looking for you to start soon...basically you just need to ask them when they want a response! I wouldn't leave more than a week without responding even if its to ask the deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Hokey poke

If you've done stuff since your previous application, and you've been selected for interview previously, I don't see why your chances wouldn't have improved! I know people who weren't getting interviews for ages and now have TCs with top 5 firms.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lolers11

Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is still being used.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from any firms yet?

Lolers11 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is still being used.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from any firms yet?

Just Arthur cox

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corkgirl88

I got called for an interview with Vincent and Beatty. Commercial Law firm Dublin City. I found their ad for a Trainee Solicitor on the Law Society website.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 freddielove

Is anyone applying this year- the applications have just finished but I havent heard back yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hokey poke

Is anyone applying this year- the applications have just finished but I havent heard back yet??

AFAIK Arthur Cox are the only top 5 firm to get back to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mostdelish

Has anyone applied to Eversheds? Did the application process just close much earlier than the usual end of October date, or did they accept applications this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

I've only heard from Arthur Cox, pretty sure they should all start replying soon enough though, anyone know how many get called to first round interviews at Arthur Cox, must be up around 100

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RizzleKick

It's probably more then 100 they do a few interviews a day and there is 10 in each of the group interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

Nah I did one last year and there was 6 in each, I reckon 4x6 per day times the 4 days, probably 90-100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 RizzleKick

Yours must have been smaller because there was 10 in mine last year. Maybe it just depends how many people go for the times available i would assume it's varied.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yoshimi1983

Hello.

Looking to see if LK shields or hayes solicitors got back to anyone yet?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Mod: I have copied the last few posts (from 1st November) to the 2013 thread. This is to avoid confusion.

Law Firm Milkrounds/Apps 2012 is dead. Long live Law Firm Milkrounds/Apps 2013.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement