Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I wasn't overly enthusiastic about the prospect of the series. Worked well as part of the AoS but not sure it would work as a standalone series, unless they went the Netflix R rated direction

It supposedly would not have been connected to Agents. It would be the same actor but different version of character

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭kerplun k

They hit a creative impasse, whatever that's supposed to mean.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

kerplun k wrote: »
    They hit a creative impasse, whatever that's supposed to mean.

Money might be a factor: Ghost Rider necessitates a lot of CGI money what with the flaming skull n' all, I wonder if the showrunner was being leaned on to write fewer skull scenes.

Yep. I'm guessing that's why he only had small arcs in AoS.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Those are crazy budget figures for spin-offs on some also-ran characters. I daresay SHIELD's budget is barely a fraction of even the Netflix shows. Probably mostly the actors' wage packets.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,425 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would have guessed AOS's episode budget would have been $1/1.5m an episode including wages of the actors.

The Netflix shows did a great job then on that budget of $3.8m an episode.

GoT's changed the landscape with it's budgets of $15m an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It is a bit of a concern for Runaways (season 3 coming at the end of the year) and Cloak & Dagger (no word on their future past the crossover with Runaways).

Ghost Rider might be cancelled however Helstrom is still going ahead.

Marvel's Helstrom: Elizabeth Marvel, Royals Alum Among Hulu Series' Cast
    Ghost Rider may have been snuffed, but there will still be Helstrom to pay on Hulu!

Marvel’s Helstrom has cast Tom Austen (The Royals) and Sydney Lemmon (Fear the Walking Dead) as siblings Daimon and Ana Helstrom, it was announced on Tuesday, while Elizabeth Marvel (Unbelievable, Manifest, Homeland) will play their long-institutionalized mother, Victoria.

Daimon is described here as “a professor of ethics who moonlights as an exorcist, someone who has no illusions about saving a world he has no patience for. In his battle against a hidden world, Daimon is determined to root out demons as they arise, and will not stop until they’re vanquished.”

Ana, in turn, runs a successful auction house and suffers no fools, but her true interest lies in hunting down those who hurt others. Traumatized by her father as a child, she is driven to rid the world of those like him, even as she secretly worries her father will return.

The son and daughter of “a mysterious and powerful serial killer,” Daimon and Ana share “a complicated dynamic as they track down the terrorizing worst of humanity — each with their attitude and skills,” in the Hulu horror series which is on track for a 2020 premiere.

Ariana Guerra (Raising Dion), Robert Wisdom (Ballers), June Carryl (Mindhunter) and Alain Uy (True Detective) round out the cast as Vatican employee Gabriella Rosetti, “Caretaker,” Dr. Louise Hastings aka Victoria’s shrink, and Ana’s BFF Chris Yen.

https://tvline.com/2019/10/08/marvels-helstrom-cast-elizabeth-marvel-tom-austen/

Ghost Rider might be cancelled however Helstrom is still going ahead.

Marvel's Helstrom: Elizabeth Marvel, Royals Alum Among Hulu Series' Cast

https://tvline.com/2019/10/08/marvels-helstrom-cast-elizabeth-marvel-tom-austen/

Created thread for it
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058021508/1/#post111459533

• Advertisement

Final season premieres on Wednesday May 27th

I'd completely forgotten we were getting one more of this! Why does it feel like ages since the last?

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'd completely forgotten we were getting one more of this! Why does it feel like ages since the last?

Well last episode aired on 2nd August 2019

Well last episode aired on 2nd August 2019

Right. So not even a year then. Time really has just gone weird lately mind you. Totally elastic.

Daniel Sousa (Enver Gjokaj) from Agent Carter will be guest starring in final season. Agent Carter was set in the 1940s while the final season of Agents is set in 1931

Bummer, I was hoping they might resolve the cliff hanger of season 2 of Agent Carter.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

He was in Avengers Assemble too so I guess they're not too worried about how he appears across the decades

Crud, I forgot the bad guys in this were the Chronicons. Enoch was fun but the overall race were always a bit too dull for my blood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Back this week. I've only just finished watching last season, not sure why I didn't watch it at the time it was on. Even though I kinda fell out of interest with the Arrowverse as a whole (even Legends), I still love AoS (not an Arrowverse show but in a very similar vein), and while they might never hit the heights of previous seasons (particularly Season 4), I really enjoyed Season 6. Nice to see more from Yoyo and Mack especially, and Fitz's arguments with Enoch and then Deke were great. The Fitz/Simmons mind episode was great too.

Hopefully ends on a high. Amazing how it lasted this long to be honest, but it's a testament to the cast & writers that they've kept a solid show once they started to really break away from just reacting to the MCU movies.

Set in the 1930's hopefully late 1930's and we can get a Peggy cameo.

I hope the show ends with a bold, expansive aesthetic more in keeping with earlier seasons. The last 2 runs have featured some drab, dull sets even Summer SyFy shows would find a little uninspired & low budget. You'd hope that being set in the 1930s the production can make use of lot of pre-existing costumes and sets to restore some panache into the show.

I Hope the long Marvel break and lack of new content and competition gives this a boost in viewers. Not that it will mean anything now, but I’d just like to see this go out on a high, in terms of ratings and quality.

Penn wrote: »
    Back this week. I've only just finished watching last season, not sure why I didn't watch it at the time it was on. Even though I kinda fell out of interest with the Arrowverse as a whole (even Legends), I still love AoS (not an Arrowverse show but in a very similar vein), and while they might never hit the heights of previous seasons (particularly Season 4), I really enjoyed Season 6. Nice to see more from Yoyo and Mack especially, and Fitz's arguments with Enoch and then Deke were great. The Fitz/Simmons mind episode was great too.

Hopefully ends on a high. Amazing how it lasted this long to be honest, but it's a testament to the cast & writers that they've kept a solid show once they started to really break away from just reacting to the MCU movies.
    It's been good, but part of me will feel a bit disappointed that the TV shows broke away a bit too much. It would have been nice to see at the end of Endgame when Doctor Strange brought everyone out to see quick flashes of Daisy quaking it up, Tandy Bowen throwing her light daggers, Old Lace ripping into Thanos' forces, maybe Danny Rand and Luke Cage throwing some punches, heck, why not see if Black Bolt wanted a word with Thanos.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The first one is out and about now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus if ever a show needed a "Previously on" segment, it was this one.

Good stuff though.

Mr E wrote: »
    Jesus if ever a show needed a "Previously on" segment, it was this one.

Good stuff though.
    That's probably why they released that recap of the previous season finale yesterday on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So just on bringing stuff into the MCU
    Anyone think that Coulson being an LMD other than a way to keep Gregg around is going to be used to bring him back to MCU, if he's a LDM they can fudge the continuity a bit

Also got the Loki show, that would have kicked off right after Coulsons death so they could have that as part of the same universe.

Whole thing is a bit of a mess, they jump into and out of continuity or at least the pretence of it.

Advertisement