Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I wonder what would have happened with Coulsen if he got exposed to the mist. Maybe something would've happen to Tripp if he didn't break the crystal and cause a fragment of it to land on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Blair Underwood joins the cast as
    May’s ex-husband

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Tripp broke the crystal and it shattered, stabbing him with a shard. He died as a result of that. The Terrigen Mist has no effect on 'normal' people. Coulson would have survived (provided he didn't get stabbed) but he wouldn't have changed because he's not
    an Inhuman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

That was so so good, but did Raina crumble at the end? Kinda looked like she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

That was so so good, but did Raina crumble at the end? Kinda looked like she did.

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Cool, thanks! I wasn't sure if the earthquake disturbed her transformation or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I didn't expect to be back here. Trying not to read up and over comments on more recent episodes, but I've just started season 2, having coming back to and finishing the first season after deciding the show was too hopeless.

What a difference Captain America 2 made to this show: the appearance of Hydra and some well-defined stakes and threats turned a flaccid, inept series into a genuinely fun, nay thrilling, experience. To the point where I couldn't wait to see what happened next - a far cry from the first half of season 1. Making Ward a bad-guy was a smart move considering how phoney & flat he was to begin with, and I still think Skye is a massive weakness (though the first episode of Season 2 seemed to try and address that). Otherwise, it's now a solid, entertaining show with some actual narrative purpose to its story.

My only complaint is that in retrospect it was blatantly obvious Agents of SHIELD was spinning its wheels until it was able to bring Hydra into the plot. It does suggest that no matter what happens, Agents... will always be beholden to the cinematic universe first and foremost, which could suck if it had to adopt another holding pattern until movie X came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^^As you'll see as you progress through S2, AoS is now, in part at least, setting the pace of the MCU, setting up stories that we won't see hit the big screen for a number of years yet. What started out as flat lip-service has become a really ambitious little show.

Edward James Olmos joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'

spoiler link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

^^As you'll see as you progress through S2, AoS is now, in part at least, setting the pace of the MCU, setting up stories that we won't see hit the big screen for a number of years yet. What started out as flat lip-service has become a really ambitious little show.
    Indeed; I've finally caught up and from reading reviews it seems the finale ties in with the previously announced Inhumans film. I still imagine the movie will need to do some heavy lifting for those who aren't watching the show. I guess this is also Marvel's way of getting around the fact Fox have the rights to the use of 'mutants' (which seems like such a bizarre arrangement, to have rights to a word). I tip my hat to the show though, it has done a complete 180 shift from its pretty god=awful beginnings to become a genuinely entertaining show.

Props to all really, though a particular nod to Iain De Caestecker for his portrayal of Fitz; it has been pretty heartbreaking to watch this broken man struggle to function even on the most basic level, and De Caestecker's performance has been a big part of it.

Mind you, I'm not 100% on-board: while Skye is now ... well I wouldn't say likeable, but she's definitely a much more interesting character (doubly so now that she'll be a mutan... uh, inhuman), on the other hand Bobbi and Hunter are almost continuously annoying. Hunter's constant nattering about his ex-wife was bad enough, but the drama between the two of them is dull and irritating.

• Advertisement

Depends on what they are planning to do with the InHumans but there is enough there that they never really have to be Mutants by another name

A fun read. But they are reaching abit.

When Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Became Firefly/Serenity

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/20/when-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-became-firefly-2-0-/

Midseason Premiere trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Midseason Premiere trailer.

That trailer sucked a whole pile of balls.:o

Luke Mitchell has been cast as
    an Inhuman who goes by the name Lincoln.

spoiler link

Guest star.
    Jamie Alexander returns to "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." as Lady Sif of "Thor" fame on March 10, there's one small hiccup: she's lost her short-term memory

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I dunno. It depends on what they do with her.

I don't find her very good or believable in half the stuff she's in. Adrianna was her wheelhouse for sure but she's fairly limited. I didn't buy her in Sons of Anarchy at all......and it's not like she had much competition there. Half of them couldn't act their way out of a paper bag and she still struggled.

Her character is from
    the Daredevil comic so I'm guessing with be a link to the Netflix show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

meh, im not really sold on her, she brings noting to the table, give me May any day of the week,

don ramo wrote: »
    meh, im not really sold on her, she brings noting to the table

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

what does she give us that May or even Skye doesn't, im not saying shes that bad, just shes better off just being in a supporting role,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,933 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Surely Joss isn't about to pull another 'Amber Benson' is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

When is this back the week after Agent Carter I pressume?

I'll be sad to see it end for this season, Very solid show.

I'm the same; the Hunter / Bobbi dynamic is fairly excruciating at times. For all the good work done making Agents of SHIELD a properly enjoyable show, and building previously poor characters such as Skye and Ward into stronger personalities, Hunter and Bobbi are just dull and clichéd up to the hilt. Hunter got on my nerves about 30 seconds after the umpteenth "I hate my ex-wife" rant, and Bobbi's just ... there, being all conflicted about her ex-husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

flazio wrote: »
    Surely Joss isn't about to pull another 'Amber Benson' is he?

It's amazing how cynical he's made us. Was thinking the exact same thing. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What do you guys mean by that? I'm not quite sure.

If you mean what I think you mean, I still don't get it. Benson was a regular on the show for two full seasons before.....what happened to her happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭squonk

I don't want S.H.I.E.L.D. back. I'm enjoying Agent Carter too much. I think it's a much stronger show tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kirby wrote: »
    What do you guys mean by that? I'm not quite sure.

If you mean what I think you mean, I still don't get it. Benson was a regular on the show for two full seasons before.....what happened to her happened.

Eh...

Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Amber Benson Spoiler
    No she wasn't, she was a recurring character and only promoted to series regular for that fateful moment

Advertisement