Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

oh yes it is :D

Token type: Sky Movies or Sky Sports
    Category: Sky TV
    Suitable for: Families
    Price: €7.50
    Product code: W0158

About this Deal

Upgrade to Sky Movies or Sky Sports for less with Sky TV and Tesco

Exclusive 25% off for Clubcard members!

€7.50 in Clubcard vouchers gets you 25% off Sky Movies or Sky Sports for 12 Months.

Hurry, offer ends 30th December 2014.

Call 0818 719 806 to upgrade your Sky TV package today.

Additional information

Offer for new and existing Sky customers.

Get 25% off for 12 months when you upgrade to Sky Movies or Sky Sports – Only with €7.50 in vouchers

That's odd, thanks

I checked as the increase will bring my bill over 100, barely but still will, & plain refuse to go over 100 for it all, but need multiroom & moves (granny flat) sky sports for himself. For me I have Netflix and noise cancellation ear phones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

emeldc wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and cancelled today. I had variety, sports, multi - room and HD for €96 :eek:, ludicrous, I know.
    No deal what so ever on Multi-room or HD but was offered half price sports for 3 months which I refused.
    On the + side, my bill in January will be €36 or €720 a year cheaper than it was this year :P

Did they let you cancel??? I had the same deal as you and they dropped me down to €79. I was paying €79 all along and they slipped me up to €96 saying 'my previous deal is up' !! I told them I will pay €79 and not a penny more....and got it (of course after talking to 3 x different people including some guy who though he could 'refine' my viewing habits and 'save me money'!!! They must think we some mugs ... )

Masala wrote: »
    Did they let you cancel??? I had the same deal as you and they dropped me down to €79. I was paying €79 all along and they slipped me up to €96 saying 'my previous deal is up' !! I told them I will pay €79 and not a penny more....and got it (of course after talking to 3 x different people including some guy who though he could 'refine' my viewing habits and 'save me money'!!! They must think we some mugs ... )

I tried this as mine is just over 98, they told me to cut back!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I tried this as mine is just over 98, they told me to cut back!!!!

Same here!!

They asked me if I had looked at my "budget" I nearly went through the guy on the phone!

Cancelled too, 13 years paying for sky. I had Movies/Sports/HD/multiroom the lot. They offered 15% off.

I've cancelled

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I had variety, sports, multi - room and HD for €96

I have the exact same package plus movies & an extra box for €70.

they told me to cut back!!!!

Just say to them, yeah I'll cut back I'll cancel it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Masala wrote: »

Yea, cancelled alright, cut off date is Jan 2nd. TBH you're only saving €17, it's still too expensive IMO. I'll post back if they offer me anything better.

I have the exact same package plus movies & an extra box for €70.

Just say to them, yeah I'll cut back I'll cancel it!

Its hard for me as we have 2 invalids using multiroom both sports and movie fans, will ring to cancel though as cannot afford 100 plus...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

My sky plus box has been giving me loads of trouble despite doing master reset etc so I bit the bullet and canceled. Thought my husband could get cpw deal so new box and cheaper sports which would be fab as it kills me to pay €70 odd for it. However when he went in to sign up they could see that sky was already at the address as I have my broadband with sky aswell and said we couldn't get the deal. Now I don't know what I am going to do.... anyone have any joy getting new free sky box...

stoutykid wrote: »
    My sky plus box has been giving me loads of trouble despite doing master reset etc so I bit the bullet and canceled. Thought my husband could get cpw deal so new box and cheaper sports which would be fab as it kills me to pay €70 odd for it. However when he went in to sign up they could see that sky was already at the address as I have my broadband with sky aswell and said we couldn't get the deal. Now I don't know what I am going to do.... anyone have any joy getting new free sky box...

I had a similar problem with a previous box, had to reset it at least once a fortnight

I might have a spare if you want it? it's a plus box

They gave me a free 2tb box and a 500gb box last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ms Happy wrote: »
    I had a similar problem with a previous box, had to reset it at least once a fortnight

And there are always some for sale on Adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

Thanks so much that's so nice of you to offer... going to ring and chat to them I am a very long term customer I am going to be cut off soon so will need a contract for a box... and will see how I get on :)

stoutykid wrote: »
    Thanks so much that's so nice of you to offer... going to ring and chat to them I am a very long term customer I am going to be cut off soon so will need a contract for a box... and will see how I get on :)

They gave me those 2 boxes as I was a long term customer! good luck with them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I rang them today and they just lowered my €91 by €10 so not thst good but I told them I'll probably cancel after Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 yerone

i know this is slightly off topic but wanted to tell my fellow boardies
    a letter is doing the rounds apparently from sky claiming they owe you(customer) money and please ring the number to arrange the refund
    it is a scam and sky do not operate in this way, a picture of the letter is on facebook
    it looks genuine, some people will no doubt fall for it

This one actually isn't a scam. Its people who go automatic credits on their accounts after cancellation and they dont have any details to put the money back so its just sitting on a cancelled account. Call thme on the number on the website instead of the one on the letter if you doubt it and they should be able to do it or put you through to the people who can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Offer not available to previous or existing Sky TV subscribers.

That was on one of the two offers, but it's not often you get something from $ky :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

They gave me those 2 boxes as I was a long term customer! good luck with them ;)

They offered me that last year, if i upgraded, but if only i could transfer recordings from HD box, as a lot of stuff on it, i like.
    Scrappy600 wrote: »
    contacted sky today to ask why i can no longer use the on demand box they sent me out over a year ago. Used it to have the kids programmes on demand to watch for rainy days and stuff. Was told by them that they'd changed the terms and now if you wanted to watch on demand you had to buy the hd package.....even though none of the channels i want to use on demand with are hd channels..... explanation that was given to me - and this is no word of a lie - was "we've spent so much money getting all these shows we have to make it back this way".Told him i wasnt going to recoup their costs for shows i didn't want by paying a load on top of what i used to get for free and asked to be put through to cancellations, to which he promptly put me on hold, never transferred me anywhere and that is where i remained for the next 10 minutes until i hung up as the call wasn't free. Not a happy camper. Horrible way to treat loyal long term customers

I have the HD pkg, but I didn't realise to use the on demand you had to buy it just for that, as my sister-in-law downgraded to the basic as i thought that they increased the extra €7.50 for ondemand, but didn't realise you had to pay for HD as well :eek: & then an increase in Feb afaik, FFS.

I'm coming to a 9mth offer on tv & a separate offer on HD+MR, would really like to try something else :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

A little off topic but relating to the 15 EUR carphone warehouse offer. A family member joined SKY on the 15 EUR deal only 2 months ago. They rang today to say it's going up 2 EUR. Does this mean they can cancel the contract due to the price increase?

I'm thinking my own package will probably increase and would also like to cancel. Haven't received the letter yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

groupon deal is back

http://bit.ly/1pX6X4R

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

groupon deal is back
    http://bit.ly/1pX6X4R
    Further information: Offer valid for new Sky customers only. Customers must purchase The Variety Bundle, Sky Sports, Sky Movies and Sky HD to qualify for the offer. After 12 months the price goes back to the standard rate (currently €91 per month). €10 upfront payment required.

So this costs €45.5/month for the 12 months and you cant pick and choose packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Scruff wrote: »
    So this costs €45.5/month for the 12 months and you cant pick and choose packages?

That's correct, and sky are putting up prices from January by €2 per month

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote: »

thats correct, most people get that price with a cancellation threat, but some people don't like doing that, offer is there if you want it if not
    give it a swerve

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The CPW latest deal is once again a bit better that the Groupon deal.

They have one offer ending today which is the same as what Sky were offering in their flyers....free box, dish and installation and the big seller - a free Samsung Galaxy tablet but no discounts on the package prices.

They also have another and much better offer that's running until Xmas eve at least. Any pack at half price with free install etc. I think you have to take the variety bundle as part of the offer but the HD sub is optional.

Variety pack + movies = €32
    Variety pack + sports = €36
    Variety pack + sports + movies = €40.50

HD and multiroom can be added for half price if required.

I only had a quick look at the leaflet last night but I'm pretty sure the above details are correct.

muffler wrote: »
    The CPW latest deal is once again a bit better that the Groupon deal.

They have one offer ending today which is the same as what Sky were offering in their flyers....free box, dish and installation and the big seller - a free Samsung Galaxy tablet but no discounts on the package prices.

They also have another and much better offer that's running until Xmas eve at least. Any pack at half price with free install etc. I think you have to take the variety bundle as part of the offer but the HD sub is optional.

Variety pack + movies = €32
    Variety pack + sports = €36
    Variety pack + sports + movies = €40.50

HD and multiroom can be added for half price if required.

I only had a quick look at the leaflet last night but I'm pretty sure the above details are correct.

hasnt the half price deal finished ? only deal they have now is the free tablet, unless im missing something on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

hasnt the half price deal finished ? only deal they have now is the free tablet, unless im missing something on the website

Muffler said he got a leaflet with the offer on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A friend of mine picked it up last weekend at the local CPW shop. He brought it to me last night looking for a bit of advice as he was unclear on a couple of issues as he doesn't have Sky himself. He said the girl in CPW told him that the tablet offer ends today but the half price offer was ongoing and that they (CPW) would be open until Xmas eve obviously meaning that the offer would be available until that date....thats the way I took it anyhow.

As I said earlier I only had a look at the leaflet for a couple of minutes but it was pretty much along the lines of their previous half price offer except HD wasn't included but could be added as an extra at half price.

muffler wrote: »
    A friend of mine picked it up last weekend at the local CPW shop. He brought it to me last night looking for a bit of advice as he was unclear on a couple of issues as he doesn't have Sky himself. He said the girl in CPW told him that the tablet offer ends today but the half price offer was ongoing and that they (CPW) would be open until Xmas eve obviously meaning that the offer would be available until that date....thats the way I took it anyhow.

As I said earlier I only had a look at the leaflet for a couple of minutes but it was pretty much along the lines of their previous half price offer except HD wasn't included but could be added as an extra at half price.

it will probably go live on the website tomorrow once the tablet deal has finished
    thanks muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Uncle has the entertainment pack,he won't go for the new deal as it'll cost €6 a month extra for the sports (which he wants). I wouldn't mind but the basic package is going up by nearly €3 come February.
    I can't understand this thought process at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I rang today to order sky for my new house (he cancelled and I'm a new customer in our new home) I was offered variety + HD (&boxsets) + multi room + free installation. Price is €48.10 for 4 mths then 53.10 for 8. Does this sound good?

I can still cancel as I don't have the keys to the house yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

smilerxxx wrote: »
    I rang today to order sky for my new house (he cancelled and I'm a new customer in our new home) I was offered variety + HD (&boxsets) + multi room + free installation. Price is €48.10 for 4 mths then 53.10 for 8. Does this sound good?

I can still cancel as I don't have the keys to the house yet

I think that package would normally be about €68 or €70 at full robbery price :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

So its not great is it?

Our new house is in a UPC area so I've ordered fibre 120 for 25 p/m for 4 months €50 thereafter. I was hoping to keep our TV & broadband under €100 but I was so happy with sky tv & I really wanted UPC broadband.

Advertisement