Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Itsabrack

Just me, urban, specific address.
    Try going back to your old account, they will give you offers

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

Itsabrack wrote:
    Try going back to your old account, they will give you offers

current carphone warehouse is pretty good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I signed up for the CPW offer today but it has slightly changed from what was posted earlier in this thread.

It is €36 for Variety and Sports now and it does not include HD. Multiroom was however half price and they offered me half price HD too but I declined.

Adding movies added an extra €4.50 a month so I decided to go for it. Total was €47.50 which includes €40.50 for variety, sports and movies and €7.50 for multiroom. Bit gutted about the lack of HD but such is life.

I presume we won't have any issues swapping out the new Sky+ box for our current HD box when the installers leave so that we at least have the BBC's and RTE 2 in HD?

I asked for a copy of the prices so I can scan that if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just me, urban, specific address.

Try it in Irish?

current carphone warehouse is pretty good though!

They don't ask for any ID or utility bills or anything. You could probably call yourself anything and get away with it.

My vote would be Max Power but your name in Irish would do the trick nicely too :)

• Advertisement

What about bank details? They'll be the same as those for the account I just cancelled, will this matter?

What about bank details? They'll be the same as those for the account I just cancelled, will this matter?

I suspect not. They didn't verify my details or anything today. They just took them.

I was sure they would figure it out because we are still customer's with Sky for phone and broadband but they didn't at all.

i suppose if you think about it, they don't know whether how big your house is or whether it is apartments or whether you are a new person moving into the spare room or whatever and they don't really care.

You may as well try it, worse comes to worse they realise and on't give it to you but I doubt that would happen.

I'll try the Irish version of my name with my own bank details, see what happens. I could be a while waiting on a call back regarding my cancellation so nothing to lose really. Any idea how quickly they're getting out for installations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭Trampas

My half price offer was up and rang and got the usual garbage and even got one that since I'm a loyal customer I would never pay full price and goes it's €4 off. He goes on about changing package to reduce cost so end up going I can give you 20% and I said no. He goes on about how he's trying to save me money and they've no half price offers at the moment. So like someone above told him I can save €92 by cancelling it all. So cancellation has gone in.

Even tried the Christmas and no tv card.

Next thing I hear on the radio today 50% off.

Sit and wait

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

I signed up for the CPW offer today but it has slightly changed from what was posted earlier in this thread.

It is €36 for Variety and Sports now and it does not include HD. Multiroom was however half price and they offered me half price HD too but I declined.

Adding movies added an extra €4.50 a month so I decided to go for it. Total was €47.50 which includes €40.50 for variety, sports and movies and €7.50 for multiroom. Bit gutted about the lack of HD but such is life.

I presume we won't have any issues swapping out the new Sky+ box for our current HD box when the installers leave so that we at least have the BBC's and RTE 2 in HD?

I asked for a copy of the prices so I can scan that if anyone is interested.

I'd be interested in a copy of the prices if possible Sparrow. Just out of curiosity why do you physically have to go in to store? Could you not just call as Ahmad from xxxx store and hand the phone to your missus?

• Advertisement

I'll try the Irish version of my name with my own bank details, see what happens. I could be a while waiting on a call back regarding my cancellation so nothing to lose really. Any idea how quickly they're getting out for installations?

Ours is being installed in just over a week after signing up today.
    I'd be interested in a copy of the prices if possible Sparrow.

Sure, I'll scan it in the morning and post it here.

I'd be interested in a copy of the prices if possible Sparrow. Just out of curiosity why do you physically have to go in to store? Could you not just call as Ahmad from xxxx store and hand the phone to your missus?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92992022&postcount=432

Yeah that is the same as the doc in store today.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

is that a HD deal

is that a HD deal

No, unfortunately not but HD can be added to it for half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I am now almost 2 months since I cancelled and lost my viewing.
    Not a word from sky yet, not a letter/email nothing.
    In the past, I would have been plagued with "come back to us " offers ".

Got a family member to sign up in Carphone Warehouse, at my address, as a new customer, today using my bank account details. No issues, installation will be saturday week. Could have been sooner but just wasn't suitable for me. You can add hd to these packages for a further €7.50.
    I don't think anyone should bank on a call back once they've cancelled.... Anyway, I'm not sure they would have offered me anything as good as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Got a family member to sign up in Carphone Warehouse, at my address, as a new customer, today using my bank account details. No issues, installation will be saturday week. Could have been sooner but just wasn't suitable for me. You can add hd to these packages for a further €7.50.
    I don't think anyone should bank on a call back once they've cancelled.... Anyway, I'm not sure they would have offered me anything as good as this.

Do they insist on installing a phone line now as standard or can you opt not to have the phone connected if you dont have multiroom?

I'm think of getting the other half to sign up to the cpw deal but under no circumstances do i want the box hooked up to the telephone (I wont be taking multiroom )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Do they insist on installing a phone line now as standard or can you opt not to have the phone connected if you dont have multiroom?

I'm think of getting the other half to sign up to the cpw deal but under no circumstances do i want the box hooked up to the telephone (I wont be taking multiroom )

no need for a phone in the house anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

no need for a phone in the house anymore

Thanks

It's strange that they no longer require you to have a phone. Do you still need a phoneline if you have multiroom? if not, how do they track whether the multiroom box is in the registered household?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

http://skyireland.goldenpages.ie/

Has the free call been removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Nope, free call is still available. Maybe the way you find it has changed? I looked on my pc there now and moving the mouse on Sky nationwide finds the free call option to the right, so it's still there. So have another look. I rang Sky on my iphone during the week and the free call option played up, as in 'internal error' came up when I pressed call now, but the option for 1min worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's there but i can't click on it

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

just cancelled with sky..pitiful offer really if you want HD. gonna go with CPW. anyone know if there is an issue as My account wont cancel until 19th December. can I get the install of HD box etc with CPW before that or does it have to wait until other account cancels fuly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

just cancelled with sky..pitiful offer really if you want HD. gonna go with CPW. anyone know if there is an issue as My account wont cancel until 19th December. can I get the install of HD box etc with CPW before that or does it have to wait until other account cancels fuly.

It shouldnt matter. I got the CPW deal around the start of October and had two accounts at the address for about 28 days. I just unplugged the old box and moved it upstairs. All the cables were still there all the had to do was put in hte new box in the space provided and plug in all the cables that were still there. They were in and out of my house in under 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

soundsham wrote: »
    Due to be cancelled soon too
    Going to let it run and see refuse to pay over €50 for everything incl multiroom that was my limit and stuck to it last time
    Time to play the game

Cancelled 2 months ago
    Not a peep from sky

Resigned at CPW let weekend & reconnecting tomorrow morning
    all channels and hd 50% off ,multi room €10 extra €55-50

Hopefully all goes to plan tomorrow
    And I'll be doing it all again in herselfs name in 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

AnyOne been over charged or is it just me (second bill in to new term)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Vego wrote: »

Did you call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Vego wrote: »

Yes, just checked my bill after upgrading to Variety pack and I have been overcharged €4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Did you call them?

Yeah will when I get home from work

Advertisement