Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

Folks, thought I'd share this with you all.

Called CPW 2 weeks ago and the guy there said he got me a deal for €63 a month for Full TV package which includes SKY Sports and Movies for €40.50 ( normally €81 so half price ), HD for €7.50 ( normally €15 ) and Multiroom for €15(no discount). 2 new boxes and free installation.
    I'm a returning customer.

I called Sky and told them a "friend" got the above deal and I saw his paperwork and after a bit of fuss they said they'd do the same.

Missus called to cancel and they said they'd give her the same for €57 a month but would go up in 6months, wasn't sure if I'd get the €63 p/m offer again so told her to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

AntDub wrote: »
    Folks, thought I'd share this with you all.

Called CPW 2 weeks ago and the guy there said he got me a deal for €63 a month for Full TV package which includes SKY Sports and Movies for €40.50 ( normally €81 so half price ), HD for €7.50 ( normally €15 ) and Multiroom for €15(no discount). 2 new boxes and free installation.
    I'm a returning customer.

I called Sky and told them a "friend" got the above deal and I saw his paperwork and after a bit of fuss they said they'd do the same.

Missus called to cancel and they said they'd give her the same for €57 a month but would go up in 6months, wasn't sure if I'd get the €63 p/m offer again so told her to cancel.

In either case it will be going up on Feb 1st '15

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Just off the phone to them there, currently paying €87 (HD+ Sports) a month and the best thing I got outta her was 20% off for three months, go ahead and cancel it all says I at the next billing cycle so it's a game of cat and mouse now until the 5th of Jan....

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭crustybread

I cancelled last month. Have not had any calls with offers. Chanced my arm this morning saying I saw the 1/2 price offers and would consider coming back for this. Got the usual these are for new customers and they couldn't give it to me. They are definitely tightening up on the offers. The gits!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Same as yourself ^^^

I packed up about 6 or 7 weeks ago and rejoined on the CPW offer 2 weeks ago
    My old account in the missus name got an offer of 1/2 price for 9 months in the post today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

FYI.

It is now possible to add the FTA HD channels via 'other channels'. You can't record them of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,919 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bromley52 wrote: »
    FYI.

It is now possible to add the FTA HD channels via 'other channels'. You can't record them of course.

Any good channels you would recomenend installing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Any good channels you would recomenend installing ?

ITV HD, Channel 4 HD, Channel 5,
    ITV 2, and ITV 4 is good for Uefa Cup Soccer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

bromley52 wrote: »
    FYI.

Not a deal really
    It's just the regular free other Channel listing that is on the satellite thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Without reading back is the CPW half price deal still going if I call into one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Without reading back is the CPW half price deal still going if I call into one?

AFAIK it is. Completed one wk before last and was told it would run to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Really pissed off just got a letter to say they are increasing the price of my package.

Can anyone tell me. If I cancel and take up an offer with cwh or someone else how long would I be without sky?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I got an email today offering me 50% off for 9 months, seems like an OK offer, I'm currently on 50% off for 9 months so can't avail of the offer as I'm tied in until next June. I have been availing of a 50% discount in some way since 2009 and have cancelled and resub'd a few times down through the years. I'll never pay a penny above €30/month for Sky and I'm quite happy with the price for what is a really poor offering. Since Discovery and History became reality TV channels showing redneck tv shows I lost all interest in Sky and its current main use is for RTE as I can't receive Saorview and for Sky+ for the mammy and her Fair Citys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Yeah I got the letter this morning. An extra €2.50 per month from February....not sure that I have the stomach to cancel and hope right now, especially as it doesn't seem to be working for everyone.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I got the letter and mine is going up €2 a month?
    Should I be delighted I'm getting a discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

I got the letter and mine is going up €2 a month?
    Should I be delighted I'm getting a discount?

It must depend on the package you have, my letter says it's going up by €2.75 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

emeldc wrote: »
    It must depend on the package you have, my letter says it's going up by €2.75 :confused:

Mine is rising by €2 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cancelled my hd today. It's pending of course. I've been on €7.50 for 18 months but the best they have is €10 for 24 months now. I don't really think it's worth €10 a month let alone €7.50 so we will see if they have offers closer to the end of the 31days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

due to be cut off this weekend, still no call, gonna hold off for a week or two and see if I get a call....if not ill be hitting cpw with different details to avail of their deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Rising by €1 in Feb. Currently on €56.50 for basic plus Sky Sports 1 & HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭adam88

Anyone know the link for getting sky to call you back

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

adam88 wrote: »
    Anyone know the link for getting sky to call you back
    The link is near top left on this web page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭adam88

Well that was useless,,,,, rang to see would I get s few pound off, Got nothing and the lad put threw the cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Well that was useless,,,,, rang to see would I get s few pound off, Got nothing and the lad put threw the cancellation

But in fairness you didn't have to accept the cancellation either if you didn't want to. I think most are waiting to see if they get the phone call before the cancellation goes through. Me? I'm not holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I think its a waste of time trying to get a bargain in December. They know that they have you for Christmas on the 30 day cancellation period.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i had a €100 credit added to my account, and as this was used up i rang to cancel.

was offered half price package (went for basic @€;14) and half price line rental. (On top of €10 off broadband)

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

My Alien 2 Combo box arrived today . . . Yipee
    I just need to demonstrate to the missus it has he same functionality as a Sky Box then I get to make the call.
    I imagine hypothetically it will go something like this.

Me: Can you put me through to cancellations please.
    Sky: We note there's an offer for free Sky Movies for a month, are you sure you wish to cancel ?
    Me: Please, I wish to proceed with cancelling.
    Sky Cancellations: Ok, we can offer you half price for 3 months.
    Me: No, please proceed with cancellation.
    Sky Cancellations: I've just spoken with my manager & we can now offer 6 months half price.
    Me: Sorry, you're delaying me now, cancel please
    Sky Cancellations: 9 months half price ???
    Me: I don't care if you make it free for the year, I'm still cancelling

Just in case anyone from Sky ever reads this I would have still been your customer up to the stunt you pulled with box sets & HD.
    They gave me the impetus to research FTA/Saorview combo boxes & learn how their functionality has exceeded what the Sky box offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

My Alien 2 Combo box arrived today . . . Yipee
    I just need to demonstrate to the missus it has he same functionality as a Sky Box then I get to make the call.

Me: Can you put me through to cancellations please.
    Sky: We note there's an offer for free Sky Movies for a month, are you sure you wish to cancel ?
    Me: Please, I wish to proceed with cancelling.
    Sky Cancellations: Ok, we can offer you half price for 3 months.
    Me: No, please proceed with cancellation.
    Sky Cancellations: I've just spoken with my manager & we can now offer 6 months half price.
    Me: Sorry, you're delaying me now, cancel please
    Sky Cancellations: 9 months half price ???
    Me: I don't care if you make it free for the year, I'm still cancelling

Just in case anyone from Sky ever reads this I would have still been your customer up to the stunt you pulled with box sets & HD.
    They gave me the impetus to research FTA/Saorview combo boxes & learn how their functionality has exceeded what the Sky box offers.

Were they offering these half price deals with no contract?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Same here - they allowed me break my contract without penalty after 4 months when I argued with them over the box sets/HD issue. Now I have Saorview and, thanks to them leaving me the dish, FTA Satellite - and no monthly bill

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Gotya wrote: »
    Were they offering these half price deals with no contract?.

No, that was just me musing hypothetically how the conversation will go, I haven't made the call yet.

Advertisement