Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I got my mother in law to call as a "refer a friend" and first time customer, Sky weren't willing to offer any great discount on the full package :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mo2012

I cancelled my package in august and sky called today offer half price for 12 months, any package and no contract so I can cancel anytime, I said I would think about it and he said he credit my account so that I get the first 2 months free, I told them I'd already taken down my sky dish so an engineer is calling in 2 days to set it up again for free and if I cancel by Dec 26th I have two months telly for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

Bif wrote: »
    When did you cancel?

Cancelled in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mo2012 wrote: »
    I cancelled my package in august and sky called today offer half price for 12 months, any package and no contract so I can cancel anytime, I said I would think about it and he said he credit my account so that I get the first 2 months free, I told them I'd already taken down my sky dish so an engineer is calling in 2 days to set it up again for free and if I cancel by Dec 26th I have two months telly for nothing.

This would be the job. I need a new dish, or at least new cabling as my now FTA box can lose all signal with the slightest breath of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    I just got a call there - every other call I've got I just say I don't want TV, this time I asked what he was offering, he said half price for a year on basic package - I said no, then I said I'd think about it, so he offered me next 2 months free, no contract, so I can cancel after Christmas if I want without having paid a penny :D Happy days :D

My father signed up for this today. Was afraid it was too good to be true. Good to see others have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

I left Sky last Sep and had no intention in going back but got a call this morning and was offered all Sky channels free ( sports and movies) for 2 months. Perfect for Christmas. I just have to ring back about the 30 Dec to give 31 days notice. Happy days ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

I left Sky last Sep and had no intention in going back but got a call this morning and was offered all Sky channels free ( sports and movies) for 2 months. Perfect for Christmas. I just have to ring back about the 30 Dec to give 31 days notice. Happy days 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well, you can all talk to them live here on Boards as from lunch time today - LINK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Sky ireland are now a member of the boards talk to section
    So they will be watching this thread for sure 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Sky ireland are now a member of the boards talk to section
    So they will be watching this thread for sure 👀

Oh no!!!!!!! :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

muffler wrote: »
    Well, you can all talk to them live here on Boards as from lunch time today - LINK

I can only imagine how cranky that board is going to get. Certainly if the various phone companies one's are anything to go by...

tallpaul wrote: »
    I can only imagine how cranky that board is going to get. Certainly if the various phone companies one's are anything to go by...
    It has the potential to be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Got a letter today in post advising that my monthly fee id going up €2 a month as from 1st Feb 2015 next year.

They will be getting a call on 1st March 2015.. advising that I am cancelling.

That €2 on me will cost them €10-15 to keep me.

Am currently paying €79....and am not going over that €80 mark!!

Masala wrote: »
    Got a letter today in post advising that my monthly fee id going up €2 a month as from 1st Feb 2015 next year.

You'll be caught for the guts of 2 months increase if you ring then. You need to call on 1st January as you pay a month in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

You'll be caught for the guts of 2 months increase if you ring then. You need to call on 1st January as you pay a month in advance.

Cool.... note in Diary amended accordingly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Think I'll slide on over there and ask them to reinstate the card trick.........

jca wrote: »
    Think I'll slide on over there and ask them to reinstate the card trick.........
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

Masala wrote: »

Do you think this price increase is for everybody or does it depend when you signed up??

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

just got a call from sky...

i had cancelled a few mths ago - using the sky box + an aldi hd box since then for ftv channels

50% off any package for 12 months - no contract, cancel at any time

first 2 months free on any package (including movies & sports)

just call back to cancel in time to give the 31 days notice.

I'm taking the whole lot (all channels, movies & sports) for the 2 mths free & will review the finances after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

nice one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Just got a call with the half price for 12 months with the first 2 months free. Took the offer for now free TV for the Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Just got a call with the half price for 12 months with the first 2 months free. Took the offer for now free TV for the Christmas.

How long were you disconnected for?

My contract is being cancelled on Wednesday. I spoke to cancellations at the weekend and they said that they would ring me on Friday with 50% off for 9 months. I've already had 50% off for the previous 9 months so I'm so tempted to take this deal.. Any thoughts? Have any users got back to back 50% discounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

contacted sky today to ask why i can no longer use the on demand box they sent me out over a year ago. Used it to have the kids programmes on demand to watch for rainy days and stuff. Was told by them that they'd changed the terms and now if you wanted to watch on demand you had to buy the hd package.....even though none of the channels i want to use on demand with are hd channels..... explanation that was given to me - and this is no word of a lie - was "we've spent so much money getting all these shows we have to make it back this way".Told him i wasnt going to recoup their costs for shows i didn't want by paying a load on top of what i used to get for free and asked to be put through to cancellations, to which he promptly put me on hold, never transferred me anywhere and that is where i remained for the next 10 minutes until i hung up as the call wasn't free. Not a happy camper. Horrible way to treat loyal long term customers

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    How long were you disconnected for?

My contract is being cancelled on Wednesday. I spoke to cancellations at the weekend and they said that they would ring me on Friday with 50% off for 9 months. I've already had 50% off for the previous 9 months so I'm so tempted to take this deal.. Any thoughts? Have any users got back to back 50% discounts?

I cancelled in September after finishing half price offer for the previous two years. This was the first time that they called my bluff and cancelled. I wasn't missing it too much apart from the series link recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

This is another offer if you're on Tescomobile, as it must be new on their site.

€7.50 in Clubcard vouchers gets you 25% off Sky Movies or Sky Sports for 12 Months.

Offer for new and existing Sky customers.

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/deals/sky-tv.aspx

i know this is slightly off topic but wanted to tell my fellow boardies
    a letter is doing the rounds apparently from sky claiming they owe you(customer) money and please ring the number to arrange the refund
    it is a scam and sky do not operate in this way, a picture of the letter is on facebook
    it looks genuine, some people will no doubt fall for it

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Got a call yesterday was offered 12 1/2 price .I mentioned the 2 months free and no good .Rep said no 12 months 1/2 price was best deal.Didn't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

This is another offer if you're on Tescomobile, as it must be new on their site.

€7.50 in Clubcard vouchers gets you 25% off Sky Movies or Sky Sports for 12 Months.

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/deals/sky-tv.aspx

Offer not available to previous or existing Sky TV subscribers.

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Offer not available to previous or existing Sky TV subscribers.

oh yes it is :D

Token type: Sky Movies or Sky Sports
    Category: Sky TV
    Suitable for: Families
    Price: €7.50
    Product code: W0158

About this Deal

Upgrade to Sky Movies or Sky Sports for less with Sky TV and Tesco

Exclusive 25% off for Clubcard members!

Hurry, offer ends 30th December 2014.

Call 0818 719 806 to upgrade your Sky TV package today.

Additional information

Get 25% off for 12 months when you upgrade to Sky Movies or Sky Sports – Only with €7.50 in vouchers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Bit the bullet and cancelled today. I had variety, sports, multi - room and HD for €96 :eek:, ludicrous, I know.
    No deal what so ever on Multi-room or HD but was offered half price sports for 3 months which I refused.
    On the + side, my bill in January will be €36 or €720 a year cheaper than it was this year :P

Advertisement