Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I took the bull by the horns in the last hour and am now signed back up for 9 months half price Sky World :D:D

How did you manage that ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

FYI
    The free Broadband for 6 months = €10 off per month for 6 months

In the small print they hit you for the 'line rental' @ €30 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

10 days till i get cut off .....im not looking forward to an angry 4 year old when the screen goes blank ..........upc will be getting a call soon I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm getting cut off tomorrow. TBH, between Netflix and youtube the kids are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

How did you manage that ??

After getting disconnected last week through cancellation request, I decided to call and see what they would offer me to return, fella said he'd have a look, he said he could offer me 50% off for 9 months so I took Sports & Movies as well :D

Simple really but I do think alot of it may depend on who you speak with :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

After getting disconnected last week through cancellation request, I decided to call and see what they would offer me to return, fella said he'd have a look, he said he could offer me 50% off for 9 months so I took Sports & Movies as well :D

Simple really but I do think alot of it may depend on who you speak with :rolleyes:

I got dissconnected three weeks ago and havent had a call yet its not looking likely at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just call them up yourself. The offer is more than likely just waiting there for you.

I got dissconnected three weeks ago and havent had a call yet its not looking likely at this stage.

I didn't even wait a week, the fact the new skybox is as limited as it is was probably the push I needed, that and the fact the wife was sick of switching between the saorview box and sat box !

I didn't even wait a week, the fact the new skybox is as limited as it is was probably the push I needed, that and the fact the wife was sick of switching between the saorview box and sat box !

Ah i connected up an old sky box anyway so ive got free to air but shes beginning to give out :-)

Ah i connected up an old sky box anyway so ive got free to air but shes beginning to give out :-)

Ring up and say your wife took a call from Sky but wasn't able to give them anytime and you're wondering what it was about ....... see where that leads ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just a quick word of thanks to the many on this thread who basically said 'Play hard ball'
    I did. It worked.
    Phoned up about 2/3 weeks ago. Threatened to cancel. Our last deal was running out. (Which was basic plus HD half price) and I wanted a new deal. No joy from the Sky rep. Therefore I said go ahead and cancel.
    Missed a few phone calls from them and they eventually caught me today.
    I now have basic plus Sport plus HD half price for 6 months. No contract.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

Can you put a new sky card into an old sky plus hd box which has recordings from a previous card and will these recordings be available with the new card?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Can you put a new sky card into an old sky plus hd box which has recordings from a previous card and will these recordings be available with the new card?

Yes, once you have subscription to the recorded channels

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Just been cut off today..have had no calls in the last month..should i just ring or wait longer??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I'm paying €91 for TV and broadband would it be a good idea to ring and csncel and see If they offer me a better deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

lukesmom wrote: »
    I'm paying €91 for TV and broadband would it be a good idea to ring and csncel and see If they offer me a better deal?

At a minimum they will offer you 20% off but if you cancel you will definitly get a better deal. It might taken more than a month though to get the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭damemcd

Thanks for help getting the 50 per cent deal , worked great

I have a different "address" etc under my name but same bank details (under wife's name )and the house would have a dish ....chances of getting the cpw deal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

j timber wrote: »
    Just been cut off today..have had no calls in the last month..should i just ring or wait longer??

Just ring up.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Took the plunge today and gave notice to cancel.

Regular bill is €76

Offered €20 discount for 9 months.

Decided to hang tough and see if I get a better offer. Eircom bundle is a realistic option so if Sky don't play ball I'll be moving!

• Advertisement

I gave in and rang up ....got all the channels + multiroom for the same price im paying now so not so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Vego wrote: »
    I gave in and rang up ....got all the channels + multiroom for the same price im paying now so not so bad

Huh :confused:

emeldc wrote: »
    Huh :confused:

I didn't have sports before so I got all sports + multi room and hd for the same price as before

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Vego wrote: »
    I didn't have sports before so I got all sports + multi room and hd for the same price as before
    It would be helpful if you said what you had before. Your post is very vague.

Okay so you didnt have sports before but did you have the variety pack, HD, multiroom, movies??????

ok to clear it up ....I had a sky hd box (but no hd channels) the variety pack and movies no multi and no sports

I now have sky with hd channels, 1 multi room hd box , movies , variety , all sky sports for the same price I was paying

decent deal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yup! Good deal surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

j timber wrote: »

Hang tight, my mother got a deal when she cancelled straight away. She couldn't get over that they were willing to offer her half price and couldn't do it when she cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Almost 2 weeks since I got cut off... still waiting for the phone calls / leaflets through the door tempting me back to sky...

Will sit tight for sure, normally sky will come crawling... I hope..:D

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Almost 2 weeks since I got cut off... still waiting for the phone calls / leaflets through the door tempting me back to sky...

Will sit tight for sure, normally sky will come crawling... I hope..:D

I got a call yesterday after about a month being cut off.

Got half price for nine months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

I cancelled after being with them for almost 7 years and having being paying 50% for the last 9 Months.

They wouldnt match the 50% deal I was on so I spat the dummy and cancelled.

They havent called yet, am I looking at a Skyless future? Should I be strong?

Advertisement