Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah I am out of contract at the moment and looking to see if I can get a deal on sky q silver basically
    Ah right, you're talking about an offer of an upgrade so.

Its probably doable alright but it will tie you into a new contract and you have to take multiscreen with it whether you like it or not. Then, as you probably know, after 12 months you either renew again or give back the equipment.

Depending on what setup you have at the moment and what offer you can get for upgrading it may or may not be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 palong88

Milky1 wrote: »
    I was on here a month ago. I had cancelled after being on 50% off. Signed up again a few hours later and now on 40% off for the year. Was happy with that. Really wanted Sky Q but didn't want to give up my discounts. Now you can..sort off. You can do it online or I just called to clarify. I'm getting a 'Multiscreen subscription' and it's costing me an additional 16 a month...but I'm getting a new Sky Q 2TB box and a mini for a once off payment of 120. Happy days.
    Can you clarify how did you sign up to Sky Q through the 'Come back to Sky offer'?

Also my 30 days notice is up on Thursday so I'll be trying to do the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

I am a new customer, was looking at the Variety with Sky Q for 29.50 a month, 12 month contract, which is on offer at the moment (10euro off per month, usually 39.50)
    Ive never been a sky customer, so just wondering is this good deal in terms of pricing or would i be better waiting for a different type of offer? Its just one q box, no multiroom etc.

Any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Tradnuts

Just got an email to say my package is going up by €2.50 per month due to broadband operational costs.

Am I correct in saying that I can cancel my account even though I'm in contract?
    Thanks

Tradnuts wrote: »
    Just got an email to say my package is going up by €2.50 per month due to broadband operational costs.

Am I correct in saying that I can cancel my account even though I'm in contract?
    Thanks
    No, you will have to see out your contract or pay a penalty should you insist on leaving.

Not what you wanted to hear but its all in their T & C's I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Any current customers being offered the current deals such as Original Bundle + Fibre Broadband for €55 or the broadband for €35 for 12 months? I was offered broadband at €35 for 12 months and said I would get back them only to be told by the next person I rang that no current customers are getting any deals for 12 months - all offers are only 9 months with the other 3 full price and it's not possible on their system to give more for broadband or the bundle deal. They claimed the previous person had made a mistake by offering me 12 months. Is this just a tactic they employ to make you think the offer is better than it actually is or have others been told the same thing? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Tradnuts

muffler wrote: »
    No, you will have to see out your contract or pay a penalty should you insist on leaving.

Not what you wanted to hear but its all in their T & C's I'm afraid.

Thanks Muffler.
    I just noticed this on the email they sent.

"Your loyalty is very important to us and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the great value services that Sky offers. However, if you're thinking of downgrading or cancelling your Sky Broadband and Talk contract, you can without penalty for 30 days after the issue date of this price change notification."

Might give them a ring and see what the story is.
    Seems strange

Thanks Muffler.
    I just noticed this on the email they sent.

"Your loyalty is very important to us and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the great value services that Sky offers. However, if you're thinking of downgrading or cancelling your Sky Broadband and Talk contract, you can without penalty for 30 days after the issue date of this price change notification."

Might give them a ring and see what the story is.
    Seems strange
    That could be a standard email to everyone or maybe you have some sort of fixed duration contract.

Yeah give them a call to clarify, wont cost anything once you have that pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I also got the email, my bill is going up €3 per month.

Only on phone and broadband (which is so slow I actually think it's dial up).

Last time I looked though it was the cheapest deal going. I'll probably give them a buzz at some stage soon and threaten to leave

I also got the email, my bill is going up €3 per month.

Only on phone and broadband (which is so slow I actually think it's dial up).

Last time I looked though it was the cheapest deal going. I'll probably give them a buzz at some stage soon and threaten to leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

€3.45 increase for me and with the note that I have 30 days to cancel without penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Got the mail too.

Was planning on cancelling / crying for new deal anyway. Won't get a chance to call until next Monday. Anyone who gives them a blast be sure to let us know how we got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Cancelled last Feb was cut off in march, got a call yesterday from sky asking to come back.bgot 100 credit and 40_% off for 12 months and not tied into a contract.. just took basic package so nearly 6 months free..

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Thanks

if the price is raised you are allowed to leave. any company ive eever been with was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

pj12332 wrote: »
    if the price is raised you are allowed to leave. any company ive eever been with was the same.

If you read the terms and conditions of your sky contract, it's written in there that they may increase your monthly subscription costs by up to 10% once during the term of your contract so you are not allowed to leave I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

My sub is going up €2 a month. I have phone, BB and TV (variety + HD).

Skuxx wrote: »
    If you read the terms and conditions of your sky contract, it's written in there that they may increase your monthly subscription costs by up to 10% once during the term of your contract so you are not allowed to leave I'm afraid!

I called yesterday and I am free to leave within 30 days of the price rise.

Got the mail too.

Was planning on cancelling / crying for new deal anyway. Won't get a chance to call until next Monday. Anyone who gives them a blast be sure to let us know how we got on.

I looked to see if they could give me a good deal by moving from standard broadband to fibre but no dice.

greendom wrote: »
    I called yesterday and I am free to leave within 30 days of the price rise.
    But you're obviously not in a contract though?

But you're obviously not in a contract though?

12 months started a couple of months ago. This particular price rise, for whatever reason, (perhaps because it's Telco and not tv) enables you to break contract.

• Advertisement

who_ru wrote: »
    My sub is going up €2 a month. I have phone, BB and TV (variety + HD).

I just don't understand that. I only have phone and broadband.. no TV. my price hike is €3.

Phone staying the same at €30
    Broadband going up from €10 to €13

Be interesting to see the breakdown on yours and other peoples price hike

12 months started a couple of months ago. This particular price rise, for whatever reason, (perhaps because it's Telco and not tv) enables you to break contract.
    Ah right. There's something in the T & C's where they cant put the price up in the first 60 or 90 days of a new contract. Id need to look up the finer details of it to be sure.

Ah right. There's something in the T & C's where they cant put the price up in the first 60 or 90 days of a new contract. Id need to look up the finer details of it to be sure.
    Just after checking that and it's 60 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Cancelled last Feb was cut off in march, got a call yesterday from sky asking to come back.bgot 100 credit and 40_% off for 12 months and not tied into a contract.. just took basic package so nearly 6 months free..
    I was offered the same but with a 12mth contract, so I declined. Might give them a call back and see if they will offer me the same, I like the flexibility of being able to leave whenever, cos you never know what's around the corner.

Has anyone managed to wrangle a new box out of them with a come back offer? Ours is most definitely ready to kick the bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

is there any wiggle room for new customers on their offers or is the best you will get whats on their website?

Just after checking that and it's 60 days.

Got a great deal with Eir and I will shortly be porting my broadband (and mobile account)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What a joke of a company.
    Had a problem with subscription, sent them 3 emails, was told someone would call me that night, no call, told I'd get a call the following night, no call.
    3rd time someone did ring me and then asked me to explain what the problem was, despite me having sent them 3 mails outlining everything that was wrong.
    Could barely understand what customer agent was saying (reading) to me and every time I said something, she just kept reading off a script.
    Worst customer service I've ever experienced.
    If I could, I would have cancelled there and then.
    When contract is up, that will be the end of Sky, never again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Got a call yesterday offering me box sets for €7 per month, for 12 months anyone else get this offer

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

you can get this through their website no prob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Seems to be a change in the sky Ireland website, a former customer returning within 12 months can now get the 40% off for 12 months offer through the my sky section without speaking to online chat.

Advertisement