Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,
    Whats the best deal for a previous customer (3 years ago) coming back to sky? Want to go sky q and have a friend introduce me.. would be looking for a the full package of sports/movies etc..
    Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Only a few months to go before my 50% deal expires.

I take it 40% is now the max. Just a few Q's

- Do you need to actually leave to get the 40% off offer

- Is there a time limit or can you do it the minute after you leave?

- Is the 40% offer applicable to the sky Q subs?

- Does this also apply to the broadband connection if you're bundling?

Cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Just having a look on the Sky website, am I seeing correctly that a new customer could get Sky Q, with boxsets, HD, for €25 a month for 12months, 12month contract, 1tb box, installation €20?!
    Or €34.50 a month if you went for variety pack?!

That's less than I was paying as a customer for 6yrs, wth a crappy sky+ box on its last legs, no HD, and no boxsets! I was paying €39 a month just before I left!

At that price id consider going back, we moved house so have a new address so technically a new customer.
    And after 12mths either cancel or look for a better deal.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

One thing to note on Sky Q is you won't own the equipment which means they have to fix for free but if you leave you have to return the boxes to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

Hey guys.

Anyone seen any new customer deals lately? Looking to join either as new or returning customer with sky and broadband. From what I can see on the website new customer is coming in around 100 :-/.
    One of the lads had sky in his name in the last house we lived in - would we get 40% off as a returing customer in this case does anyone know?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My wife's sky account went from 24 to 54 e at the end of her contract. They offered her a discount to 37.
    Sky HD variety pack.
    She cancelled and I signed upi got skyq variety with HD for 24.50 and a hundred euro gift card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

My wife's sky account went from 24 to 54 e at the end of her contract. They offered her a discount to 37.
    Sky HD variety pack.
    She cancelled and I signed upi got skyq variety with HD for 24.50 and a hundred euro gift card.

where/how did you get that offer for Sky Q?

ablelocks wrote: »

Went on as a new customer.
    Variety via showing at €39 but reduces to 24.50 when you add HD.
    Then there is the 100 e MasterCard credit.

just cancelled (took all of 10mins - they've added staff to the cancellation/retention line). They offered variety + HD for 37. so i went ahead with the cancellation. Interestingly, I was told that if I call them to renew within the next 12 months I won't be eligible for any discount on the package and there's a note on my account details to that effect! Of course, that doesn't stop them from calling me with a new offer....let's see how long it takes them to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

That sound a tad rotten

Looks like they are adopting a policy to actively penalise loyalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭Villa05

ads20101 wrote:
    Looks like they are adopting a policy to actively penalise loyalty

ads20101 wrote:
    That sound a tad rotten

Tactics to make you take the first offer

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Went on as a new customer.
    Variety via showing at 39 but reduces to 24.50 when you add HD.
    Then there is the 100 e MasterCard credit.

Mine only reducing to 34.50. Was there anything else you were adding or clicking to reduce it down to 24.50?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Is there any risk at all we would lose sky or pay more if we cancel? Our bill is stupid since we are out of contract, and it's in my name. So if I cancel, is it in the bag that hubby can sign up even though it's same address or they will
    Definitely offer us something before contract is up? Hubby thinks I should leave it alone since we like it but I don't want to be paying so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

murphf wrote: »
    Is there any risk at all we would lose sky or pay more if we cancel? Our bill is stupid since we are out of contract, and it's in my name. So if I cancel, is it in the bag that hubby can sign up even though it's same address or they will
    Definitely offer us something before contract is up? Hubby thinks I should leave it alone since we like it but I don't want to be paying so much!
    I rang to cancel last week as we had the full package and the cost was just going over 100euro/month. I rang to reduce the options and get rid of the HD as we don't need it for the cost.

They offered me the same package we were on less HD for 69euro/month for 6 months with a new sky HD box free with it.

I'll probably do the same in 6 months or cull movies or sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I sent a email saying i wanted to cancel as with others on hold on the phone for ages to cancel ,thought i woundn't hear back but got a phone call offering variety pack for €25 instead of €39 for 12 months ,so took that and didnt have to hang on the phone to cancel.

Mine only reducing to 34.50. Was there anything else you were adding or clicking to reduce it down to 24.50?

Variety €39.00

12 months Viewing Subscription Discounted -€14.50

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Variety €39.00

12 months Viewing Subscription Discounted -€14.50
    Looks like you got the varierty for half price and the HD/Box sets for a fiver

got a call this morning - that was fast. 40% off for 12 months, no contract (i think).

I am tempted but also considering the new customer for SKY Q offer that Tatranska mentioned earlier. Is this a decent offer for the SKY Q package - I think it might be...

got a call this morning - that was fast. 40% off for 12 months, no contract (i think).

I am tempted but also considering the new customer for SKY Q offer that Tatranska mentioned earlier. Is this a decent offer for the SKY Q package - I think it might be...

the MasterCard offer is finishing very soon.

the MasterCard offer is finishing very soon.

soon, as in tonight!

• Advertisement

coming up as 34.50 for me too - so not going ahead with it.

tatranksa you must have got lucky!

coming up as 34.50 for me too - so not going ahead with it.

tatranksa you must have got lucky!

Mine came up at 34.50 but my email said 24.50!

I'll hold them to the lower price. Even at 34.50 it's still a good deal with the MasterCard €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Mine came up at 34.50 but my email said 24.50!

I'll hold them to the lower price. Even at 34.50 it's still a good deal with the MasterCard €100

Did you make a €10 upfront payment? that would come off the first bill, making it €24.50

Edit: Carry on, nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Avada wrote: »
    Did you make a €10 upfront payment? that would come off the first bill, making it €24.50
    Oops! :D

Avada wrote: »

It was 20 upfront for the box.

See mufflers post 25/10 above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

muffler wrote: »
    Oops! :D

Missed that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Got an e-mail (unsolicited) from sky offer me 25% of my package (basic, sports & movies) if I agree to a new 12 month contract - I and currently coming to the end of a 12 month contact. Should I accept or try for a better deal?

kranbo wrote: »
    Got an e-mail (unsolicited) from sky offer me 25% of my package (basic, sports & movies) if I agree to a new 12 month contract - I and currently coming to the end of a 12 month contact. Should I accept or try for a better deal?

Do as we did above∆∆∆∆∆∆∆.
    Cancel and let your other half become a new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

got 40% discount offer. anything else better available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Well, Sky customer of 10 years, officially disconnected yesterday, and i never received a call etc to try and keep me. To be honest, i wouldn't have changed my mind anyways - but thought they would at least try :)

Advertisement