Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My current deal with them is up in September/October and really all I watch on "live" TV these days (that's not FTA) is the news and football on RTE - and even that's occasional. Most of what I watch is from other sources like Netflix.
    Saorview won't work as I'm in a black spot in terms of reception without an external aerial which isn't a runner - rented apartment :( - but I was playing with the TV earlier (Samsung Smart TV) and discovered that the RTE app actually works pretty well and would address certainly the first of those.

I'm thus giving serious thought to a Humax Freesat HD box and ditching Sky altogether to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    My current deal with them is up in September/October and really all I watch on "live" TV these days (that's not FTA) is the news and football on RTE - and even that's occasional. Most of what I watch is from other sources like Netflix.
    Saorview won't work as I'm in a black spot in terms of reception without an external aerial which isn't a runner - rented apartment :( - but I was playing with the TV earlier (Samsung Smart TV) and discovered that the RTE app actually works pretty well and would address certainly the first of those.

I'm thus giving serious thought to a Humax Freesat HD box and ditching Sky altogether to be honest.

What will you get on that box that you won't get on sky box with no card or a uk card ? Just curious

What will you get on that box that you won't get on sky box with no card or a uk card ? Just curious

Ability to record and all UK channels on the EPG mainly. Also won't list all the subscription channels or rubbish I wouldn't watch anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Weird. So you can stick a dish up but not an aerial?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Weird. So you can stick a dish up but not an aerial?

Dish was already in place but to be effective you'd need to stick the aerial on the top of the block.. I asked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Indoor aerials placed by a window can work perfect for Saorview.

Indoor aerials placed by a window can work perfect for Saorview.

Will the person get all uk channels and the function to record like they want ?
    Better off with a box and hard drive of some kind working from a dish imo saorview is crap

He also said he is in a black spot unless the Ariel is outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Openbox myself and 3 sky boxes with English cards

What's the benefit of having an English card?
    Cheers

Del007 wrote: »
    What's the benefit of having an English card?
    Cheers

U.K. Epg and more free to air channels and record function works

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Zardoz

muffler wrote: »
    Not a hope in hell

Yip,Sky's prices only go one way ,UP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Almost at the end of 6 months half price, anyone got any good deals recently?

Almost at the end of 6 months half price, anyone got any good deals recently?

yuup. got a firestick off amazon yesterday for £9.99 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Seve OB wrote: »
    yuup. got a firestick off amazon yesterday for £9.99 :D
    Ditto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Out of contract with sky and rang to cancel today,they only offered 20% off to stay and claim i need to give 30 days notice..?.strange as last time i cancelled i served the 30 days and am now out of contract.anyone jnow if this is right and still applies??..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Out of contract with sky and rang to cancel
    I think you answered your own question!

If you are paying any type of a sub at all to Sky you have to give 30 days notice of canceling

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Last year's groupon deal is up.

I had been paying €46.50 For Movies, Sports, HD and Variety, that deal was for 12 Months.

I've since cancelled it as it was going up to €100, they've not offered me anything to come back.

Anyone else had any success, my friend is also due to cancel soon.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Last year's groupon deal is up.

I had been paying €46.50 For Movies, Sports, HD and Variety, that deal was for 12 Months.

I've since cancelled it as it was going up to €100, they've not offered me anything to come back.

Anyone else had any success, my friend is also due to cancel soon.

Thanks.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/come-back-to-sky/

toonarmy1 wrote: »

interesting. the tab says its half price, but the offer is only 40%!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

just a word on that offer. It wont work unless you are a customer in the last 12 months and have left them. Depending on who you get they will also check the system to see if it was actually sent to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

just a word on that offer. It wont work unless you are a customer in the last 12 months and have left them. Depending on who you get they will also check the system to see if it was actually sent to you.

Dont think its sent to people if you just google "come back to sky" its the first thing that pops up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Rang and best they offered was 20% off.
    Cancelled and not really bothered if I get a new offer or not, paying them too much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lecky1

Any deals on Sky broadband or broadband/voice package?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Milky1

I went through the whole painful process of cancelling, best they offered for full TV package was 40% for 9 months, 12 month contract. Next time I rang up best was 30%! So we broke up for about 2 hours, clicked on Shop - Left Sky in the last 12 months, chatted to someone online, got a little bit better then 40% off for 12 months, 12 month contract. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Milky1 wrote: »
    I went through the whole painful process of cancelling, best they offered for full TV package was 40% for 9 months, 12 month contract. Next time I rang up best was 30%! So we broke up for about 2 hours, clicked on Shop - Left Sky in the last 12 months, chatted to someone online, got a little bit better then 40% off for 12 months, 12 month contract. Sorted.

My break up day is today/tomorrow so will give this a go. Cheers

My break up day is today/tomorrow so will give this a go. Cheers

Got the same deal. 40% off Variety and Sports for 12 months. Also HD for €7.50. 12 month contract. Service off for a few hours at most. Happy with that.

Sky won't discuss online either Irish clients. As soon as they know your Ireland they stop and tell you to call Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

have sky tv, and looking into broadband with them. tried before but could only get 2mb, they thought I would be getting 100mb. have canceled virgin and going to try sky again, what should I be looking to pay? they say I will at get between 12-24 mbs. have basic tv package.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

how soon do they generally contact yo with a come back offer? Been a month now and Im ready to ditch virgin and their incredibly bad tv

how soon do they generally contact yo with a come back offer? Been a month now and Im ready to ditch virgin and their incredibly bad tv

I got 40% off by going through the Chat in this link;
    http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/come-back-to-sky/

• Advertisement

I got 40% off by going through the Chat in this link;

Does it include HD? I don't think so :(

Advertisement