Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Does it include HD? I don't think so :(

It didnt initially. I asked for that and got it for €7.5 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I just discussed with sky chat. I was told I have to be closed from sky for over 12 months, I'm only left 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I got a phone call and a letter from them about 6weeks after I cancelled offering me 40% off for 9mths on a 12mth contract.
    Few weeks later I got an email offering 40%off for 12mths. Still getting that email every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I just discussed with sky chat. I was told I have to be closed from sky for over 12 months, I'm only left 6 months

I was only gone from sky for about 4 hours when I got the 40% deal. I'd say try again...

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Hey lads to get a better deal do you just ring them up and threaten to leave I'm on the basic tv package and internet..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

scoopmine wrote: »
    Hey lads to get a better deal do you just ring them up and threaten to leave I'm on the basic tv package and internet..?

Not quite, it appears that to get the best deal you have to actually go through with your threat (only for a little while)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone know what the model number is on the free lg tv?Probably staring at me on the site but cant find it. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Anyone know what the model number is on the free lg tv?Probably staring at me on the site but cant find it. cheers.
    Model number is 32LH510B
    http://www.sky.com/quickbuy/ireland/new;jsessionid=D9A6AAB8551606EA904620F7AA1B1BDC?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I was offered 10% off a few weeks ago when I I tried to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cena wrote: »
    I was offered 10% off a few weeks ago when I I tried to cancel

10%. They broke their heart with that offer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

just after cancelling sky sports.was given the usual spiel about soccer about to kick off and everyone else is signing up!.will be interesting to see will they get back onto me with any offers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from the main forum to Living Frugally

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Bill went from 82 for basic, broadband and one other room to 113 this month..

Tried to call through to find out the story 15 minute waiting...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Milky1 wrote: »
    I went through the whole painful process of cancelling, best they offered for full TV package was 40% for 9 months, 12 month contract. Next time I rang up best was 30%! So we broke up for about 2 hours, clicked on Shop - Left Sky in the last 12 months, chatted to someone online, got a little bit better then 40% off for 12 months, 12 month contract. Sorted.

Do you mind me asking how much that is?

M dad lives at home on his own and is on a pension. One of the few enjoyments he gets is from watching sports. All he wants the Sky for is sports. he is being charge over €70 a month. He rang to try and get them to knock something off and obviously thats a bi expense for him. They wouldnt budge and he is now into his 31 day notice period to cancel. is there anything he can do to get a deal. 16 years he is with Sky and they wont budge for him. Obviously he is worried about being in a cancel period as he doesnt really want to lose Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The usual wait and see what happens.
    Doubt he will get anything before the cancel period is up and he may then
    get a "come back to sky" but he may have to wait, the wait varies with different people.
    Just make sure he signs into his Sky account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

boggerman1 wrote: »
    just after cancelling sky sports.was.was given the usual spiel about soccer about to kick off and everyone else is signing up!.will be interesting to see will they get back onto me with any offers.

Doubt it. Unless you cancel the lot they rarely make an offer. If you are only cancelling sports, they don't care once you hang up. You should have said that you only watch sports and it'stoo expensive so your dropping everything and going freesat.
    It's a terrible time to cancel though. Just after new years, budget day or the end of the football season works best as lots of people cancel then and they try and prevent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Doubt it. Unless you cancel the lot they rarely make an offer. If you are only cancelling sports, they don't care once you hang up. You should have said that you only watch sports and it'stoo expensive so your dropping everything and going freesat.
    It's a terrible time to cancel though. Just after new years, budget day or the end of the football season works best as lots of people cancel then and they try and prevent it.

Spoke to a friend who works in sky call centre. The absolutely best offer you can get is 60% off. Call centre employees are entitled to 50% off after they have worked there for over 3 months. My mate says to haggle to the bitter end to get the best discount you can.

Doesn't matter how long you have closed the account, they get back to you when they can, a day, a month or a year etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was on 50% off for the last 9 months no contract. The offer had expired about 10 days ago.

Got a call from Sky today offering me 40% discount for 12 months if I signed up for 12 month contract.

Saved me having to call them in the next few days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Spoke to a friend who works in sky call centre. The absolutely best offer you can get is 60% off. Call centre employees are entitled to 50% off after they have worked there for over 3 months. My mate says to haggle to the bitter end to get the best discount you can.

Doesn't matter how long you have closed the account, they get back to you when they can, a day, a month or a year etc...

Employees get 100% off ;) they can give friends and family 50% off offers when theyre signing up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sky not budging to give me my usual 50% off. Ah well I'll be cut off on Saturday and will wait for the inevitable call to get me back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

Lads just cancelled my basic tv and broadband package that I was getting for 49 bob. Best they could offer me was another 12months for same package for an extra tenner a month. That in itself isnt terrible.
    How likely are they to come back and better the original offer I had or am I better off sticking to my original plan;

Hop over to Virgin broadband, get the freeview TV channels that I get in the house and buy myself an Android box?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mate had a years discount up this week and was going from €69 to €91.
    Sports, HD Box sets and 1 multi room.
    Rang them and best they offered was 10% off.
    He said no thanks and told to cancel and girl came back with a "non negotiable" take it or leave it offer of €71 for 9 months and then 3 months at full price of €91 on a 12 month contract.

Sky seem to be digging their heels in and not going as generous as they were with their discounts at the moment.
    Wonder how many people it will take to leave before they start improving their offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sky are playing the Premiership card at the moment. Once the season is in full swing they will be calling people back who have cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Mate had a years discount up this week and was going from €69 to €91.
    Sports, HD Box sets and 1 multi room.
    Rang them and best they offered was 10% off.
    He said no thanks and told to cancel and girl came back with a "non negotiable" take it or leave it offer of €71 for 9 months and then 3 months at full price of €91 on a 12 month contract.

Sky seem to be digging their heels in and not going as generous as they were with their discounts at the moment.
    Wonder how many people it will take to leave before they start improving their offers?

Same happened to me about a month ago. I was on half price for the 9 months prior and after much "discussions with the manger," they agreed to roughly the same half price deal for another 12 months no contract but with an extra €2 a month charge. I accepted as I was happy enough with that but I wonder what makes the extra €2 so important to Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Just got a phone call from Sky offering 40% discount on full package with a years new contract. Was just coming off a 50% off offer for nine months with a 12 month contract. Anyone else get a phone call like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Anyone know or manage to get these 50/40% deals when changing to sky q??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Well sky just after ringing.got offered a new sky plus box and half price sky sports for the year.have one of the original sky boxes so it was pretty old and in past couple of weeks had been acting up.picking up BBC instead of rte and tv3.happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Just to mention I logged into my sky and I noticed my account is 13 months since it was last active.

I messaged a sky rep on the online chat platform and they never indicated I was over a year without sky while we briefly discussed rejoining.

Several months ago I edited the mysky feature to allow sky offers to contact me and I still have never ever been contacted by sky.

I don't have a landline but my mobile is on the system.

Strange because lots of posters here complain of the opposite of being inundated with calls from sky asking them to reopen accounts and return to sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Does anyone know the best price on the sports sub is? Have "permission" from herself to get it for 15 blips.... Sky offered it for 20.....hope they will come down for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

The biggest problem you have is negotiating right at the start of the premiership season.

That said, I wish you the best of luck.

Advertisement