Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

ads20101 wrote: »
    The biggest problem you have is negotiating right at the start of the premiership season.

That said, I wish you the best of luck.

I can wait. But he sain in 3 weeks it goes back up to 40 quid...... In saying that he did offer a full package.... Everything included TV wise for 67.50

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I was just on to sky earlier this evening. I have sky+ hd, multi-room, sports and movies and my last bill was for €101, due to increase to €106 in September. They offered €83 for 9 months and €90 for the next 3 months, with 12 month contract. Happy enough with that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Does anyone know the best price on the sports sub is? Have "permission" from herself to get it for 15 blips.... Sky offered it for 20.....hope they will come down for me
    Sky Sports full price will set you back €37.50 so you haven't a hope of getting it for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

muffler wrote: »
    Sky Sports full price will set you back €37.50 so you haven't a hope of getting it for €15

Have done before! Besides the whole package sports, movies, HD all the standard channels for 67.50 is not bad but we have a newborn so she can't justify it. Considering its less than an hour to kick off in the Pl and I want to go to bed,i think she is right. I won't get as much use out of it as I would like.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Just left Sky as getting too expensive.
    Have a couple of the new HD boxes, 1 record and 1 non.
    What cards do I need to get to at least get the Free to air stations on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Just left Sky as getting too expensive.
    Have a couple of the new HD boxes, 1 record and 1 non.
    What cards do I need to get to at least get the Free to air stations on them?

http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/sky-uk-freesat-hd-viewing-card/10882895

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The 50 yo yo card well worth it, mine still going strong after almost 2 years.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Sky advertising Sky sports for €20/month for 12 months at the moment on their website , persume can be cancelled during that period rather than it being a 12 month contract , suits me nicely with NFL kicking off next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Called them this evening to cancel as my 50% off deal is just over and it's just not worth €30 for the original/basic package

Got 12 months with 40% off with no hassle or time-wasting going back and forth with the agent, with no minimum contract length. Will do for now but still considering just getting a Humax Freesat HD box and being done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,271 ✭✭✭Damien360

Rooy wrote: »
    Sky advertising Sky sports for €20/month for 12 months at the moment on their website , persume can be cancelled during that period rather than it being a 12 month contract , suits me nicely with NFL kicking off next weekend.

I took that deal. It is the price I am willing to pay and no more. Won't bother steaming sports for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Damien360 wrote: »
    I took that deal. It is the price I am willing to pay and no more. Won't bother steaming sports for a while.

Ya same here ,fiver a week doesnt seem too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

I am out of contract with Sky and am thinking of calling them to ask if I can get a better deal. I am willing to cancel the service if no deal is offered as I have other bills that have to take priority at the moment, but I was wondering what the process would usually be if cancelling and re-ordering as a new customer (if we could get a better deal that way?) Eg, would it take 30 days to cancel the service, and would we have to wait until that 30 days was up before we could place a new customer order?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

a new customer is 1 year. if you're ringing, don't ask for any deal just cancel - everything, not just one pack - if you don't get a good offer, go ahead with the cancellation anyway. you'll likely get called with better offers

batistuta9 wrote: »
    a new customer is 1 year. if you're ringing, don't ask for any deal just cancel - everything, not just one pack - if you don't get a good offer, go ahead with the cancellation anyway. you'll likely get called with better offers

Thanks for that. I will give them a call to see what they can offer, if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Milky1

I was on here a month ago. I had cancelled after being on 50% off. Signed up again a few hours later and now on 40% off for the year. Was happy with that. Really wanted Sky Q but didn't want to give up my discounts. Now you can..sort off. You can do it online or I just called to clarify. I'm getting a 'Multiscreen subscription' and it's costing me an additional €16 a month...but I'm getting a new Sky Q 2TB box and a mini for a once off payment of €120. Happy days.

Milky1 wrote: »
    I was on here a month ago. I had cancelled after being on 50% off. Signed up again a few hours later and now on 40% off for the year. Was happy with that. Really wanted Sky Q but didn't want to give up my discounts. Now you can..sort off. You can do it online or I just called to clarify. I'm getting a 'Multiscreen subscription' and it's costing me an additional €16 a month...but I'm getting a new Sky Q 2TB box and a mini for a once off payment of €120. Happy days.

Sounds like you got a good deal then. So, you were able to sign up again the same day? I was expecting that it would take 30 days to cancel a subscription before I might be able to sign up with a new offer. Did your service stop straight away when you initially cancelled?

Yep, I went through the whole 30 day thing. Account was closed over night. Signed back up the next day with the 'came back to sky 40% off deal'

Yep, I went through the whole 30 day notice thing. Account was closed over night. Signed back up the next day with the 'came back to sky 40% off deal'

Yep, I went through the whole 30 day notice thing. Account was closed over night. Signed back up the next day with the 'came back to sky 40% off deal'

Great, that's exactly what I was thinking myself. Hopefully the 40% off offer will still be available after my 30 cancellation is up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Eire girl

So was it on day 31 that you signed back up? Did they ring you to offer or did you have to call them? Thanks!

Eire girl wrote: »
    So was it on day 31 that you signed back up? Did they ring you to offer or did you have to call them? Thanks!
    Yes, day 31, so I didn't have any signal in the morning. they didn't ring me.

Go to Sky Ireland - Shop - 'Left Sky in the last 12 months'

I just started a chat with them via this link and then they called me to confirm. There was no mention of when I had actually left them. Don't think they care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Another phone call last week, with another offer of 40% off for 12mths. When I said it was still not value for money, now that we pay for Netflix instead, they offered €100 credit to my account also, so on basic package that would work out as less that €10 a month, I'm thinking about it, maybe closer to Christmas cos I don't have a saorview aerial so won't have RTE for the toy show! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Another phone call last week, with another offer of 40% off for 12mths. When I said it was still not value for money, now that we pay for Netflix instead, they offered €100 credit to my account also, so on basic package that would work out as less that €10 a month, I'm thinking about it, maybe closer to Christmas cos I don't have a saorview aerial so won't have RTE for the toy show! Lol

Lol. So that will be €120 to watch the toy show which you can stream for free on the Player anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

anyone got a sky offer code?
    I found one , but it says its only valid in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

anyone getting deals on sky q when threatening to cancel?

anyone getting deals on sky q when threatening to cancel?
    Maybe Im wrong but seeing as it was only launched 8 months ago and as people are tied into a 12 month contract how could anyone be cancelling this early?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

he probably meant being upgraded to sky q when threatening to cancel normal sky.

donegal. wrote: »
    he probably meant being upgraded to sky q when threatening to cancel normal sky.
    Im not aware of anyone having been upgraded without a new contract. Maybe there has been but I havent read anything about those situations.

Perhaps Lord Spence can clarify :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

muffler wrote: »
    Im not aware of anyone having been upgraded without a new contract. Maybe there has been but I havent read anything about those situations.

Perhaps Lord Spence can clarify :)

Yeah I am out of contract at the moment and looking to see if I can get a deal on sky q silver basically

Advertisement