Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Well, Sky customer of 10 years, officially disconnected yesterday, and i never received a call etc to try and keep me. To be honest, i wouldn't have changed my mind anyways - but thought they would at least try :)

calls/letters doesn't come till after you get disconnected

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Seve OB wrote: »
    calls/letters doesn't come till after you get disconnected
    Not quite true. I give notice over 2 weeks ago and had a call from their Cork centre last week. They offered 45% discount but I didnt take it. Mind was well and truly made up at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Is there a normal number to contact sky for cancellation?
    Or email I'd?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Deliberator

Variety - €37.35 (previous discount applied), Multiscreen - €8.50? (previous discount ongoing for several years)

I have been with Sky about 13 years, and a number of times over the last 7/8 years I have rung them to haggle upon any prise increases.

I rang them a couple of weeks ago to say that I was not happy about the notified rise in price, and said that I wanted to cancel something, probably the Multiscreen, as the kids were using Netflix and YouTube more.

They said that I was going to lose the Multiscreen discount in November, even though I've had it for years. They were 'cleaning up'...

They applied the following discount -

Variety - €29.35 (for 12 month contract), Multiscreen €7.50 (applied for 9 months)

I also mentioned that after recently changing internet provider, the new router was no longer near the Sky box. The Sky box was not wireless capable so I had lost On Demand features, making it less attractive. (I had planned to relocate the router at some point...)

The agent said that if I let them bill me for two Sky On Demand wireless boxes, she would put a €25 credit on my account, wiping out the cost. We did this and I received the boxes via An Post Registered, a couple of days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hey guys does anyone know if I sign up for the Sky sports and Sky cinema deal for 25.50 for six months do I then extend my contact by another 6 to 12 months or can I cancel when my contract is up in March?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Due to be cut off in two weeks.
    Had a missed call from a Cork number +353212353699
    Anyone know is that Sky number?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Hey guys does anyone know if I sign up for the Sky sports and Sky cinema deal for 25.50 for six months do I then extend my contact by another 6 to 12 months or can I cancel when my contract is up in March?
    Thanks

half price for first 6 months full whack for second 6 months at full price
    12 month conract
    no get out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    half price for first 6 months full whack for second 6 months at full price
    12 month conract
    no get out

Completely wrong, sports and movies are premium add ons that can be cancelled at any time. No obligation to keep it, for example, last March my Dad got a similar offer, then cancelled the Sports at the end of the Premier league season, just two months later. Only catch is you need to give 31 days notice to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Thanks

You can cancel cinema/sports at any time.
    Added half price Sky Cinema to my current Sky Q pack today. 6mths x 14.50 and can cancel at any time just need to give 31 days notice as per usual no contract

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Rang earlier..got my bill from 67 to 53. Adding the q box waving the 40 pound mini box fee for 16 a month. The 53 offer valid for 9 months of a 12 month contract. Guy was to ring back timorrow to book it in as it takes 30 mins..just had a look online and anew customer gets a better off..so much for rewarding 6 years loyalty..think i might cancel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Specialun wrote: »
    Rang earlier..got my bill from 67 to 53. Adding the q box waving the 40 pound mini box fee for 16 a month. The 53 offer valid for 9 months of a 12 month contract. Guy was to ring back timorrow to book it in as it takes 30 mins..just had a look online and anew customer gets a better off..so much for rewarding 6 years loyalty..think i might cancel

Sorry but your post isn't very clear. Did you get a free Sky Q upgrade and a discount on a Sky Q Mini box?

nc6000 wrote: »
    Sorry but your post isn't very clear. Did you get a free Sky Q upgrade and a discount on a Sky Q Mini box?

1) sky package discounted to 53 from 67
    2) sky mini box for free
    3) i just pay the 20 for the 1tb sky q box-
    4) subscription is 16 pm
    5) 1 is valid for 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭jt69er

Specialun wrote:
    1) sky package discounted to 53 from 67 2) sky mini box for free 3) i just pay the 20 for the 1tb sky q box- subscription is 16 euro 4) 1 is valid for 9 months

Specialun wrote:
    1) sky package discounted to 53 from 67 2) sky mini box for free 3) i just pay the 20 for the 1tb sky q box- subscription is 16 euro 4) 1 is valid for 9 months

Did you have to pay 149 euro installation fee for Sky Q?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Better to cancel and get other half to sign up as new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

ant good new customer deals
    50% off

jt69er wrote: »
    Did you have to pay 149 euro installation fee for Sky Q?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭jt69er

Was anyone told when, enquiring about Sky Q, that their broadband speed was insufficient? 5mbps speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Coming to the end of my 50% off deal (variety &sports) , rang to cancel got offered 15% off first then got offered 40% off for 12months , was pretty happy with that .

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Feck Off

when you cancel sky do you need to wait a day or so before you get the other half to sign back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Rang and gave my 30 days notice a week ago. Do they contact by email with any offers and how long does it normally take for them to get in touch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Rang and gave my 30 days notice a week ago. Do they contact by email with any offers and how long does it normally take for them to get in touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Saw out my 30 days 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from them. I'm thinking maybe approaching christmas their expecting us to come back crawling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Mouzone wrote: »
    Saw out my 30 days 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from them. I'm thinking maybe approaching christmas their expecting us to come back crawling.

Have you logged into your a/c online , Normally offer will pop up when you login

Just got a call from Sky

Offered any tv package I want for 50% for a year.

Was slightly tempted but in the end I decided against it. Happy with the free stuff.

So expect a call folks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Got a call from Sky yesterday too with the 50% off for 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

ablelocks wrote: »
    Got a call from Sky yesterday too with the 50% off for 12 months.
    What length of contract?

What length of contract?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Seve OB wrote: »
    :confused:

Just wondering if it is a one year contract or a longer one with the discount on the first and full price on the remaining length of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Big push on now by Sky where they are trying to win back ex customers with decent offers but only with a new 12 month contract.

My daughter was offered 40% off a couple of times in the last few months but would be tied to a new contract which she wont agree to. She would have taken it without the contract but their loss. 12.5% discount without a contract was the best they would do which is nothing more than a slap in the face tbh.

• Advertisement

Just wondering if it is a one year contract or a longer one with the discount on the first and full price on the remaining length of the contract.

ah ok. i thought you didn't see the 12 months in the email

i didn't get into it with him, but when we renewed last time, it was no contact and 30 days notice to leave. i don't see why it would have been any different this time

Advertisement