Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

lads i need a bundle with sky

fibre, sky variety(optional) and a phone line(alarm system dont ask).

my only other alternative is eir and they're pretty crap from what i hear

what are people getting out of them at the mo

I have been quoted €75e p/m for 9 months followed by €95 for 3 on a 12 month contract

I just got the originals package, broadband and phone for 62 per month for the first 9 months and then 75 for the last 3 from the retention team.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I'm using mine on a fairly new box less than two years old.

Do you mean using it to record or just for UK EPG? I used to use a 2 yr old box but the free recording stopped working after a software update. The particular box I'm using now doesn't receive software updates due to some technical glitch by Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I just got the originals package, broadband and phone for 62 per month for the first 9 months and then 75 for the last 3 from the retention team.

To be honest even that is stupid money. They pay £30 a month in the UK for full Sky package on retention / return customers offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Do you mean using it to record or just for UK EPG? I used to use a 2 yr old box but the free recording stopped working after a software update. The particular box I'm using now doesn't receive software updates due to some technical glitch by Sky.

Ya record card, hopefully mine doesn't update so.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

Hi guys anyone signup for sky deal with the free tv ? My friend did and keep having them ring from uk number saying it didnt go through and wanting to take card details again - does this sound dodgy to anyone else ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

if he wants to be sure he's save,
    don't give out credit card, bank details etc to anyone that rings you, only when you ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

they haven't given out anything - as far as they aware it was taken from their card when they ordered last week. The guys that are ringing are fierce narky and acting like there doing him a favour to be still offering him what he already paid for - i am trying to find a non 0818 number for sky as not paying for the call. he said there calling from office in dublin - do sky have a dublin office ? i thought there only irish offices were abtran or intercall in cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

you could try thetalk to sky page on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

HairMare wrote: »
    they haven't given out anything - as far as they aware it was taken from their card when they ordered last week. The guys that are ringing are fierce narky and acting like there doing him a favour to be still offering him what he already paid for - i am trying to find a non 0818 number for sky as not paying for the call. he said there calling from office in dublin - do sky have a dublin office ? i thought there only irish offices were abtran or intercall in cork ?
    Calls coming from different depts in Sky Ireland are routed through the UK so the number will show up on the caller ID as a UK number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

HairMare wrote: »

http://www.saynoto1890.com/2013/02/s/

There's a sky number on there, don't know if it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

PM the talk to reps on here for a call back. They're very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TheMagee

Has anyone had a better deal recently than 62 a month for 9 months for broadband/phone/originalTV with a new 12 month contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

TheMagee wrote: »
    Has anyone had a better deal recently than 62 a month for 9 months for broadband/phone/originalTV with a new 12 month contract?

Got 12 months at €49 per month at the start of the year :) on a 12 month contract too. Plus €75 credit for recommending a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TheMagee

That's the same deal I had for the last 12 months but unfortunately 62 seems to be the best offer now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sky Ireland offer cash back through topcashback.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hyenada

Hi

I'm thinking of signing up to sky as I'm sick of VM, how does the cashback offer work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Hyenada wrote: »
    Hi

I'm thinking of signing up to sky as I'm sick of VM, how does the cashback offer work?

Yup, forum here is helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

My 12month contract is up, was paying 26.50 for original package, HD and boxsets, bill was going to be 44.50

Managed to get them to give me 29 for 12months, I have a communal dish so can only record 1 channel at a time, it's not a big issue for me as I can use catchup for 90% of what I need

Happy to stay, never wanted to go to eir or VM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Got an email yesterday to 'come back to sky', 9mths half price. That's the first contact I've had from them since I cancelled. Still not enough to coax me back though. We are surviving amazingly with just the free channels, don't miss it at all, and are even managing to watch everything we used to record by just being organised with reminders and using the +1 channels. And saving myself €40 a month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday to 'come back to sky', 9mths half price. That's the first contact I've had from them since I cancelled. Still not enough to coax me back though. We are surviving amazingly with just the free channels, don't miss it at all, and are even managing to watch everything we used to record by just being organised with reminders and using the +1 channels. And saving myself €40 a month!!

same here, well happy with the free stuff... no email from them.
    have a recording card which helps though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

just to share my dads experience

currently he is on a 9 month half price offer on a 12 month contract
    paying €33.50 for original and sports would be going up to €67 in june

rang today to cancel sports as the summer is coming in

was offered 40% off sports and original for 9 months no contract so next months bill will be €40.20.

He is happy with that as he didn't want to lose the super 14 rugby or the summer tours in june.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Is it possible to just get sports for a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

h2005 wrote: »

no you must take it with either the original or variety pack likewise with movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

All they would offer me was the variety package with HD for €37 pm for 9 months then full price after (currently paying €55), proceeded to cancel, not worth it IMO.

Should i expect a call from sky in the next 4 weeks to convince me otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

h2005 wrote: »

As previously stated, directly through satellite or cable no but with NOWTV ( Sky service) you could. You can either watch it via a computer or dedicated nowtv box. Google nowtv and check out the thread on here. Sky have been clamping down on Irish users but all you need to know should be in that thread.
    If you know a family member with Sky there is always Sky Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

davo2001 wrote: »
    All they would offer me was the variety package with HD for €37 pm for 9 months then full price after (currently paying €55), proceeded to cancel, not worth it IMO.

Should i expect a call from sky in the next 4 weeks to convince me otherwise?
    I called yesterday evening. Was offered Variety with HD for 42.50 per month (no contract).
    I have an option of signing up for 12 months - whereby i get it for 37 per month for 9 months. Took the no contract option for now - but i'm not tied to them so can still cancel if i actually decide to go ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

bromley52 wrote: »
    As previously stated, directly through satellite or cable no but with NOWTV ( Sky service) you could. You can either watch it via a computer or dedicated nowtv box. Google nowtv and check out the thread on here. Sky have been clamping down on Irish users but all you need to know should be in that thread.
    If you know a family member with Sky there is always Sky Go.

I rang them up and there was no problem but actually was nearly the same to go for 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Looking at getting Sky in the apartment (TV only) still have VM40€ BB which is good enough.

Looking at Sky 19€ pm deal (Original Pack) with 100€ MasterCard reward with 12 month contract.

Anyway to swing no connection fee of 30€ or someway of getting even more from the deal :)

Just interested to know how much you can get out of them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I got a great deal online for the basic tv pack, €30 upfront and €19/month for 12 months plus a €100 prepaid MasterCard for signing up online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Just off the phone to sky. They have given me a new deal of €67 for unlimited broadband and variety tv and HD from the €50 I'm paying now. But the €50 deal was up next month so it would have jumped to €94 for my package. That's a 12 month contract. Pretty happy with that :)

Advertisement