Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Here is the link to the Adverts Seller http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/sky-uk-freesat-hd-viewing-card-various-types-available/7108800 Excellent seller. Have a look at his feedback.
    +1.

Have dealt with him a few times in the past and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

muffler wrote: »
    +1.

Have dealt with him a few times in the past and never had a problem.

I used him too but he is sold out at present,currently only seems to be this guy selling them,havent used him myself but he has decent feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Berty wrote: »
    Yes but €299. The used one I bought which had a WPS button so the newest was €20 an an engineer sticker of May 2014 on it. Bit mad asking €299 for a box that's old. But hey, bigger the fool who buys it direct.

Where'd you get one for €20?
    I have recordings constantly failing and I'm getting sick of rebuilding the planer everyday on an 8 year old HD box.

I have recordings constantly failing and I'm getting sick of rebuilding the planer everyday on an 8 year old HD box.
    In fairness you would struggle to get a Sky+ HD box for 20 quid but there are lots of them for sale on Adverts for less than €50

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In fairness you would struggle to get a Sky+ HD box for 20 quid but there are lots of them for sale on Adverts for less than €50

Looked on eBay, looked on Adverts and then figured I'm check out the crazies on those Facebook selling pages. They wanted €25 so I haggled them to €20. I would have paid €40. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Gave my thirty days notice two weeks ago, sold my box on Facebook for €30 in a matter of hours
    Delighted it's gone, spent €180 on an open-box f*** sky
    Between that and streaming I won't be going back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Anyone had any cancellation deals lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

cw67irl wrote: »
    Anyone had any cancellation deals lately?
    I'm currently in my last 30 days. Offered 15% off for 9 months (12 month contract) over the phone. Rejected it and cancelled. They didn't put me through to a cancellation department like last time, just cancelled it outright. I checked the Sky Service app when I got off the phone and there was 50% off 6 months (12 month contract) on offer.

I think I read in this thread that the 50% off for 10 months was only offered after the cancellation went through, so I may wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

My sky is in the wife's name so we cancelled it but got offered no discount to stay, I rang them to set up a new account in my name but the best they can do is 45 euro for a HD pack including variety and entertainment with no movies or sport. I thought it was very expensive have I any other options.

Truckermal wrote: »
    My sky is in the wife's name so we cancelled it but got offered no discount to stay, I rang them to set up a new account in my name but the best they can do is 45 euro for a HD pack including variety and entertainment with no movies or sport. I thought it was very expensive have I any other options.

There is a cheaper option but can't be discussed here you can pm me if you want details

When I cancelled I got offered a ridiculous discount
    Sky is gone as of yesterday and no calls or emails
    My other account has been idle for a year and no offers there either
    They are probably too busy pushing sky q or whatever it's called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

They are probably too busy pushing sky q or whatever it's called

Fluid viewing is a term they use to describe it. I'd call it free flowing............. of you hard earned cash out of your bank account:mad::eek::D:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Truckermal wrote: »

Contact them on chat under your wife's name and ask them for the 10 month half price deal below. Your wife might have to do it if it's in her name. This only worked for me once the cancellation had gone through.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/come-back-to-sky

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

They are offering 50% off for 9 or 10 months (depends on package I think) if you have cancelled in the last 12 months.
    It is on their website - Sky->Shop->Left Sky in the last 12 Months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

raddo wrote: »
    They are offering 50% off for 9 or 10 months (depends on package I think) if you have cancelled in the last 12 months.
    It is on their website - Sky->Shop->Left Sky in the last 12 Months?

I did this and got the Variety Pack and Sky Sports for €38 PM

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

How long had you left sky to get that offer , is there a waiting period? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Cancelling the DH's account today, how long do I have to wait before I can sign up under my name? Wont be doing it over the phone as recommended to talk to the lads in the centres for the best deal and the 32" tv to go with it

Cancelling the DH's account today, how long do I have to wait before I can sign up under my name? Wont be doing it over the phone as recommended to talk to the lads in the centres for the best deal and the 32" tv to go with it

I cancelled and had a fortnight to go on the subscription and signed up in another name no bother
    Free box remote and €50 cash back was the deal at the time
    I used the same direct debit details and they didn't seem to notice or care

I cancelled and had a fortnight to go on the subscription and signed up in another name no bother
    Free box remote and €50 cash back was the deal at the time
    I used the same direct debit details and they didn't seem to notice or care

How did you sign up, through the lads in the centres or over phone?

They're one and the same :)

Edit/ Sorry I take it you are referring to shopping centres?

Went into one of the lads renting a shop in my local town

• Advertisement

Free tv is not exclusive to the fellas in the shopping centres

http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/skyfreetv/?DCMP=knc-ROI:lgtv

They're one and the same :)

Edit/ Sorry I take it you are referring to shopping centres?

Yea sorry shopping centres - was told get better deals from them than over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

was told get better deals from them than over the phone

Would love to know if that was true, I've never heard of that before.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Would love to know if that was true, I've never heard of that before.

I'll find out soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 joney

Same here, just disconnected today. Surprised at the number of free to air channels though, may wait & see how I go.

Valyawl wrote: »
    How long had you left sky to get that offer , is there a waiting period? Thanks

contract ended 23 March and called last week...so 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Sky got turned off today. All along the month waiting to be turned off I was being offered 6 months half price with a 12 month contract via the sky service app. With being disconnected today I expected an improved offer on the app but now I have no offer at all. The offer of 6 months half price is gone.

Am I likely to get another offer from the app or are the only offers now going to come in a phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sky got turned off today. All along the month waiting to be turned off I was being offered 6 months half price with a 12 month contract via the sky service app. With being disconnected today I expected an improved offer on the app but now I have no offer at all. The offer of 6 months half price is gone.

Am I likely to get another offer from the app or are the only offers now going to come in a phone call?

mine due off this week

what app?

not sure i'll be signing back up anyway, going to try fta for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Ring them and tell them sky service app was offering 6 months half price and you would like to avail of it. Don't say when it was offering it and see what they say.

• Advertisement

http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/come-back-to-sky/?DCMP=afc-473347&affiliate=true

Advertisement