Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Only ten of the 21 races - Australia is first up and not being shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Only ten of the 21 races - Australia is first up and not being shown.

PM inbound

Thanks for the PM - it is very much appreciated.

We signed up for the one month of Setanta FOC as they're showing the Australian opener. We are using UK freeview cards we got off eBay for £4 each. We got Netflix too so we aren't suffering, well apart from the OH and his F1.

Sky made us a 'half price off the Original package for 9mths' before we disconnected, HD for €10 but wouldn't budge on the Multi Room charges. We were paying €53 a month for the basic, HD and one additional room. I think Sky can do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

I cancelled my sky at the start of February. Best they'd give me was 20% off. Seen the 10 months half price deal and asked them could I have it but they said I couldn't have it until my contract was expired. So day after my contract expired I contacted them again and got the 10 month half price deal on a 12 month contract.

Stupid to have to go through these things but got there in the end.

jonnybravo wrote: »
    I cancelled my sky at the start of February. Best they'd give me was 20% off. Seen the 10 months half price deal and asked them could I have it but they said I couldn't have it until my contract was expired. So day after my contract expired I contacted them again and got the 10 month half price deal on a 12 month contract.

Stupid to have to go through these things but got there in the end.

About to do the same thing. My sky was disconnected for a week, then they offered it to us.

Funny thing is, I also cancelled my mother-in-law's Sky, and told her to do the same thing to get on a good deal. A day after I cancelled the Sky, her son called up and signed them up for another year at only about 20% off. Some people just can't bear the thought of living without Sky :D

• Advertisement

We got a call this morning - 50% off everything for ten months, 12 month contract. Sky's just been switched back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

We got a call this morning - 50% off everything for ten months, 12 month contract. Sky's just been switched back on.

so just over a month since disconnection? Is that the norm? We disconnected on 15 March so have a while to go it appears!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭kindalen

mine got cut off,and i rang straight up and got it back at half price for 10 months,full for 2.

Was off for all of about an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

They just rang again. 5 months free and 4 months half price. Turned them down again. Will hold out for another while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

They just rang again. 5 months free and 4 months half price. Turned them down again. Will hold out for another while.

Jesus, there's no way you'd get better than that?

• Advertisement

Tilly wrote: »
    Jesus, there's no way you'd get better than that?

Aye I know. I'm just being a fecker I suppose. To be honest, I just cant bear the torture of trying to cancel it at the end again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

tell them to call me will ya :)

It was a weird number too. 0999103 What the feck kind of number is that?. Its normally an 021 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Jesus, the stress of trying to cancel Sky! Must have been on the phone an hour, listening to chit chat, bloody hell just let me cancel!!
    Best offer I got was a free home move(moving house and new place has a dish and cables installed already but sky plus is not working so we would need a call out, dammit!) , variety pack for €30 and a new 12mth contract! Stuff that mate!

I'll just let them cut it off and we plan to see how we get on with no sky and just using Netflix, catch up services for soaps and freeview, and see if they offer us a thing decent down the road.

My sister cancelled a few years ago as they couldn't afford it anymore and got offered €10 a month for 12mths!! Don't see many of those offers anymore.

Just a question for those of you cut off, did. You manage to get any free to air channels using the sky+HD box? They say it won't work fta once the sub stops, and I've tried takin the card out and can't access Other Channels tab, what have the rest of ye done??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

The box works fine for Freesat. Get a Sky card on Adverts.ie for €5 this will reset the guide to UK settings giving you all the Freesat channels without having to use the other channels option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Gave my cancellation notice today, best they could offer was 35% off TV, nothing off broadband /phone. Is anyone getting reductions off broadband /phone?

we did the same as Natlor, card off adverts and it worked ok except you can't record anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

We disconnected 12 February, still no call. OH is making me call Sky tomorrow as F1 starts this weekend

Access MySky online to see if there's a deal for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Jesus, the stress of trying to cancel Sky! Must have been on the phone an hour, listening to chit chat, bloody hell just let me cancel!

Hope you weren't paying for the call?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Hope you weren't paying for the call?

No chance!

• Advertisement

we did the same as Natlor, card off adverts and it worked ok except you can't record anything.
    Any particular seller I should be looking for? PM me the details. Thanks.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Sky installed a Multiroom for me with 50% off my main TV and Broadband. Wouldn't give me standard Sky+HD box only some crappy little HD box that won't pause/rewind or record. In fact they wanted €299 for a 2nd Sky+HD box.

Bought used box on Internet for €20, Coaxial cable(€3.20), Cable ties and F Connectors(€1.20), borrowed a ladder and trailed the new wire along the other existing one and boom, now fully working Sky+HD in both rooms.

What annoyed me was they wanted €299 for the Sky+HD box yet Sky Q Silver is €149. Dopes. I didn't go for Sky Q because I wouldn't have gotten the 50% off for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

NATLOR wrote: »
    The box works fine for Freesat. Get a Sky card on Adverts.ie for €5 this will reset the guide to UK settings giving you all the Freesat channels without having to use the other channels option

Can you send me a pm due to be cut off next week was offered 15% off with no contract so told them I wasn't interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Any particular seller I should be looking for? PM me the details. Thanks.

Can you PM me details as well please??

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

Can you send me a pm too please, you should be on commission lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Here is the link to the Adverts Seller http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/sky-uk-freesat-hd-viewing-card-various-types-available/7108800 Excellent seller. Have a look at his feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Here is the link to the Adverts Seller http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/sky-uk-freesat-hd-viewing-card-various-types-available/7108800 Excellent seller. Have a look at his feedback.

That should cut down on the amount of pm's to be sent :)

We gave the 30 days notice and due to be cut off on April 4th,best offer was 6 months half price on a 12 month contract, said no as we're coming off a half price deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Berty wrote: »
    What annoyed me was they wanted €299 for the Sky+HD box yet Sky Q Silver is €149. Dopes.

The big difference there is that you'd actually own the Sky HD box, the Silver box has to be returned to Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The big difference there is that you'd actually own the Sky HD box, the Silver box has to be returned to Sky.

Yes but €299. The used one I bought which had a WPS button so the newest was €20 an an engineer sticker of May 2014 on it. Bit mad asking €299 for a box that's old. But hey, bigger the fool who buys it direct.

Advertisement