Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Rang them today to cancel the tv package(variety).
    Been threatening them with cancellation a few years now and always got a deal or a few months free.Last time I called I got the HD and Variety pack free for 3 months.
    I'm kind of surprised but they didn't offer me anything and went through with with the cancellation.I've had Sky tv over 15 years.
    I still have my fibre and phone with them though.
    Should I expect a call from them with an offer or is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Been threatening them with cancellation a few years now and always got a deal or a few months free.Last time I called I got the HD and Variety pack free for 3 months.
    I'm kind of surprised but they didn't offer me anything and went through with with the cancellation.I've had Sky tv over 15 years.

they will ring u back,
    just hold out
    dont bottle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

GY A1 wrote: »
    they will ring u back,
    just hold out
    Thats not a given and indeed far from it and Im a little surprised that you would lead people to believe this considering that you posted something similar earlier.

I have friends and relations who cancelled down their subs and never received any phone calls. In this thread alone there have been various people who have posted that they were never contacted so its best to be clear that you are voicing an opinion only.

Having said all that there have also been loads of people who have received callbacks with different offers being put on the table. So its pretty much hit and miss and certainly there is no guarantee that anyone will get a call from Sky after they cancel.

its all opinions as u say ;)
    its very easy to ring back and reconnect if they dont make an offer,
    not the end of the world
    muffler wrote: »
    Thats not a given and indeed far from it and Im a little surprised that you would lead people to believe this considering that you posted something similar earlier.

I have friends and relations who cancelled down their subs and never received any phone calls. In this thread alone there have been various people who have posted that they were never contacted so its best to be clear that you are voicing an opinion only.

Having said all that there have also been loads of people who have received callbacks with different offers being put on the table. So its pretty much hit and miss and certainly there is no guarantee that anyone will get a call from Sky after they cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Ring them back and tell them you want to cancel it all, fibre and phone aswell. Just say Virgin are offering a super all in deal.

Only way you'll get a decent offer. And go through with it, you have 30days to change your mind so let them process it and they'll be onto you a few times before that time expires. I'd be expecting at least 6 months all half price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

I rang yesterday and straight away looked to cancel. I'm paying 39€ pm and initially was offered a €10 discount. Said I was out of work and was looking into free to air systems, then they offered 12months at €20 pm.

Looking at the conversations above about not getting a call back after cancellation. My mothers experience was she did actually cancel, never got a callback but because of the poor quality of her new setup she went back to sky and they gave her 6months at half price to welcome her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

As a potential new customer to Sky
    If I go for the €49 Original Bundle + Fibre Unlimited offer. But I want to go to the Variety pack (possibly €7 more) and want to get HD (€10 more)...that comes to €66 per month plus initial set up fee of €30.

Anyone new customers gone for similar?

Have to say it makes the move from UPC that little less enticing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

If I go for the €49 Original Bundle + Fibre Unlimited offer. But I want to go to the Variety pack (possibly €7 more) and want to get HD (€10 more)...that comes to €66 per month plus initial set up fee of €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

I eventually managed to cancel sky account on Saturday The rep tried her best to get me to stay. I had no interest in staying she offered 40% off if I sign new contract 10% for no contract. I turned down both offers. I logged into sky app to make sure the cancellation was accepted. When I did I was greeted with a page saying your cancellation is being processed. We are sorry to see your leaving but if you want to keep your sky tv we can offer you 50% off for next 6 months. It is a year long contract tho. Might be of some use to people to check the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

I would imagine it depends if one opted to receive marketing/ promo material or calls from Sky when initially signing up. It might be possible to log into the Sky a/c and enable this even after leaving Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

bromley52 wrote: »
    I would imagine it depends if one opted to receive marketing/ promo material or calls from Sky when initially signing up. It might be possible to log into the Sky a/c and enable this even after leaving Sky.

It is possible to change marketing settings on MySky after leaving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Avada wrote: »
    It is possible to change marketing settings on MySky after leaving them.

Yes, you can log into your account as usual and change them.

loopymum wrote: »
    Yes, you can log into your account as usual and change them.
    That's what he said ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

I started cancellation process last week
    Guy on retentions offered my 10% off for a few months on certain things

Pushed on through and cancelled.

logged into the sky service app and it has a 50% off for 6 months on offer

Left it as was and ignored it.

Got a phone call yesterday, 50% off TV package for 10 months if I take a 12 month contract

Accepted that offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

chef wrote: »
    I started cancellation process last week
    Guy on retentions offered my 10% off for a few months on certain things

Pushed on through and cancelled.

Left it as was and ignored it.

Got a phone call yesterday, 50% off TV package for 10 months if I take a 12 month contract

Accepted that offer.

I hadn't intended on going back to sky but if I get that offer I might. I have ignored the 6 month offer as I don't want a contract with them that has me on full price for 6 months.

danois wrote: »
    I hadn't intended on going back to sky but if I get that offer I might. I have ignored the 6 month offer as I don't want a contract with them that has me on full price for 6 months.

I hear ya. The 10 months half price over 12 wasn't bad,
    He also said to call back in 10 months time or close to contract end to re-negotiate.
    I am stuck with my sky fibre price until June, but will be calling hem for a reduction on that around then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

danois wrote: »
    I eventually managed to cancel sky account on Saturday The rep tried her best to get me to stay. I had no interest in staying she offered 40% off if I sign new contract 10% for no contract. I turned down both offers. I logged into sky app to make sure the cancellation was accepted. When I did I was greeted with a page saying your cancellation is being processed. We are sorry to see your leaving but if you want to keep your sky tv we can offer you 50% off for next 6 months. It is a year long contract tho. Might be of some use to people to check the app.

Same as what I got when I phoned to cancel in Nov.
    The rep said what I had n the app wasn't showing on her system so I cancelled completely

Was due to go to a bill of €105 for 2 boxes sports and hd

Got the €39 variety pack for €29 for 9 months for the kids cancelled all the rest.

Happy days, the wetek from another BA thread runs my other tV with more than I need

chef wrote: »
    You havent said if that was subject to a contract

You havent said if that was subject to a contract

Sorry the initial offer on their service app was 6 months @ 50% in a 12 month contract.

They rang me directly and offered 10 months @50% in a 12 month contract.

This was TV only as my Fibre is still under contract so could not negotiate on that.

Hope that clarifies things

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

To all the people who were offered deals that they didn't fancy, and said "nah, thanks, go ahead and cancel" and then got more decent deals that they went with....

Can I ask, were those (better) deals offered after you gave your notice but while you still had your Sky service, or after the service was actually cut off?

(I'm only talking about TV service here, btw)

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    To all the people who were offered deals that they didn't fancy, and said "nah, thanks, go ahead and cancel" and then got more decent deals that they went with....

Can I ask, were those (better) deals offered after you gave your notice but while you still had your Sky service, or after the service was actually cut off?

after giving notice to cancel they rang back with the better offer saying to stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

When i rang to cancel.

Same, During the notice period.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

after I got cut off. about 3 weeks after. but I ended up getting half price for 12 months, no contract, and €200 credit on my account, so was well worth 3 weeks without TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Seve OB wrote: »
    after I got cut off. about 3 weeks after. but I ended up getting half price for 12 months, no contract, and €200 credit on my account, so was well worth 3 weeks without TV.

okay i'll ask.. how did you get €200 credit.....introduce a friend???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

no. they offered it. actually think they offered 100 but gave it to me twice :)
    i posted it earlier in this thread
    it was't just me who got that deal, lots here did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Seve OB wrote: »
    no. they offered it. actually think they offered 100 but gave it to me twice :)
    i posted it earlier in this thread
    it was't just me who got that deal, lots here did

Basically you didn't pay your bill and they cut you off after about 3 weeks then offered you credit and a cut price sub yes?

Sent you a letter or was this available in your mysky online account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Basically you didn't pay your bill and they cut you off after about 3 weeks then offered you credit and a cut price sub yes?

Sent you a letter or was this available in your mysky online account?
    I presume he means he gave his notice and terminated his contract, at which point he would have gotten the deal through the win back department.

That's what I did, at least. For me it was utterly painless. I gave my notice, let the contract expire and our service be cut off. I got in from work that day, called them up to say I'd had a call from their loyalty department that day but couldn't finish the call and asked what they could offer me to come back. I got half price on any package for the year, with HD for a fiver, from memory. I don't think we got any credit, but we were happy enough to have it at half what we would have been paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 palong88

jay0109 wrote: »

Did you find out if the variety pack is included in that offer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

brophs wrote: »
    I presume he means he gave his notice and terminated his contract, at which point he would have gotten the deal through the win back department.

That's what I did, at least. For me it was utterly painless. I gave my notice, let the contract expire and our service be cut off. I got in from work that day, called them up to say I'd had a call from their loyalty department that day but couldn't finish the call and asked what they could offer me to come back. I got half price on any package for the year, with HD for a fiver, from memory. I don't think we got any credit, but we were happy enough to have it at half what we would have been paying.

Cheers, with me I've not paid before, got cut 10 days later and then a few weeks later told me if I didn't pay my account, it would be terminated.

Just wanted to see if this was the same situation then they give you an option after termination.

Anyone experience this?

Advertisement