Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Overall!!

I'd imagine it was half price :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Well Variety is €39, Sports and movies €46.50. If you add that together you get, hang on let me take my socks off... €85.50 if you divide that by 2 to give you half you get €42.25. Am I missing something here or is your maths worse than mine?

If you're asking about other packages and expecting us to be telepathic, to be fair to you your being no different than 85% of the customers I dealt with during my time in CS :pac: But you might want to list what you want and then someone might be able to guide you.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

14/15 years loyal customer with Sky. Disconnected this morning got no phone calls offering anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    14/15 years loyal customer with Sky. Disconnected this morning got no phone calls offering anything.
    Have a look at this so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

muffler wrote: »

If I'd known they would be running that offer I'd have given them notice a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

dobbs2210 wrote: »

as per Muffler comment above...cant you just go back for 1/2 price?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

muffler wrote: »

Was disconnected for 4 hours and got this deal on the variety package.

I applied for it through live-chat, and when asked if I had the e-mail offering me the deal, I copied/pasted a link to the promotion, and, after he done some checking, back up in 2 hours or so.

Told a work-mate who was disconnected a week earlier than me, he rang the number on the promotion, the girl who answered told him that she was not in sales and transferred him. Work-mate reported that he was talking to a pig-ignorant agent who told him that you had to be away from sky at least 12 months, and sure, why would they be offering this to someone just out a week or two etc. etc. Ended up leaving a bad taste with the work-mate who is looking at going the freeview route now.

With live chat you can copy and paste things in and they can be checked. When you're calling in it's far too easy to get an agent that's having a bad day, not reading emails or was off sick when the briefing went out.

I'm talking about any company to be honest. The only company I've ever found better over the phone was Amazon, if you get Ireland; their live chat is already brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Well Variety is €39, Sports and movies €46.50. If you add that together you get, hang on let me take my socks off... €85.50 if you divide that by 2 to give you half you get €42.25. Am I missing something here or is your maths worse than mine?

If you're asking about other packages and expecting us to be telepathic, to be fair to you your being no different than 85% of the customers I dealt with during my time in CS :pac: But you might want to list what you want and then someone might be able to guide you.

"people have got" is the key words in my post.Ive posted
    it as i couldn't get the hd for half price only packages and nobody has confirmed the price of €42..

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

Can confirm I took this offer up and got variety, sports, movies and HD for 48.75 a mth for 12 month contract. Checked my sky and they are charging me e6 for HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

You may ask santa for a new calculator for Xmas..........85.50 divided by 2 is.........:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I just rang Sky to cancel my subscription and they went from €94 to €50 for the same pack for 6 months without contract and if i call back before June they said they'll do something else for me. I'm a very happy camper this morning :)

BLUEYK wrote: »
    You may ask santa for a new calculator for Xmas..........85.50 divided by 2 is.........:-)

LOL was late and my toes are smelly.

Tilly wrote: »
    I just rang Sky to cancel my subscription and they went from €94 to €50 for the same pack for 6 months without contract and if i call back before June they said they'll do something else for me. I'm a very happy camper this morning :)

Can I ask:

-What time did you ring and did it take you long to get through?
    -Did you go through to the right department?
    -Where you rude and aggressive or did you just have a conversation with the bod at Sky?
    -How long did the phone call take?

Many thanks, perfectly understandable if you'd prefer I mind my own business :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Can I ask:

-What time did you ring and did it take you long to get through?
    -Did you go through to the right department?
    -Where you rude and aggressive or did you just have a conversation with the bod at Sky?
    -How long did the phone call take?

Many thanks, perfectly understandable if you'd prefer I mind my own business :D

-I rang at about 9.10 this morning.
    -I rang 0818719819 and said i'd like to speak to someone about cancelling my contract (which is up 25th Jan) and the guy said he could take the call. He saw that i'd spoken to Sky on Boards.ie and i said yes and they were unhelpful.
    - I was really nice and polite.
    - The call took about 3/4 mins. He asked about each package i was on. I have variety, BB and HD package. I told him i was happy with everything but just couldnt afford €94. So he asked me to hold for about 30 secs and came back with that deal.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Tilly wrote: »

Thanks Tilly....

Am paying €101 or so since the Dec increase. Am going to cancel tonight and give 30 days now that I see what they can give if pushed.

To be honest... don't really care if they call my bluff....I'm out the gap if they wont play ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

thanks to all those who posted the half price link and recommended the web chat. just got reconnected there, took no more then 10mins a 5mins web chat and 5min call.

got the sports package they wanted €10 for HD so let that slide for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Just cancelled sky €48 is a bit too much to be paying out when we don't watch it much with netflix and the like.
    They said once it was turned off my box would be locked and i would not be able to get any free channels. Is that true? I have a black hd one but not the most recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Unless something drastic has changed in recent weeks then that is bull crap. The only thing that you'll lose is the paid for channels, recording function and the programmes that you have recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Unless something drastic has changed in recent weeks then that is bull crap. The only thing that you'll lose is the paid for channels, recording function and the programmes that you have recorded.
    Off topic, but what channels will be available for free? I've only been with Sky a year, but have just cancelled our subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Staying off topic, remove your viewing card and see. There's also plenty of information on this thread about buying and using it as a FTV box using a UK Sky Card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I was turned off just before Christmas and have the box unplugged and paced away. Its in a safe place just in case they ring with a good offer to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Cancelled last week, got the sorry to lose you story. I have sports, movies cartoons and hd. The best offer I got was 72 a month so bye bye sky on jan 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

I am gone over a month now. Was on the top tier package paying about 90 euro the last 4 years fro everything. Have not heard back from them and I couldnt care less. I will never pay 90 quid a month again. It is just ridiculous money. They can shove it up their arse!

I'll never understand the vitriol from people on here. Sky offer a service and charge a price for it. You either take the service or you don't. Why people think that a customer paying €90 should be treated any different to a customer paying €29.50 is beyond me. You're not forced into taking sports and movies. Personally I think the movies offering is pretty rubbish, and the sport is a function of what the premier league charge. Yes you can get it for free on streams etc. You can get most things for free if you're a thief. Personally I've no issue with sports streams, pirate away IMHO as they deserve to lose revenue with what they charge. On that note why not nick the kit too? BTW I'm not suggesting anyone here specifically is streaming but we all know it goes on and Irish begrudgery being what it is, people feel hard done by, by Sky not that Paul down the road is knocking it off.

The €29.50 customer picked a service which was right for them, the €90+ customer, presumably did too but it seems more and more people feel entitled to the full pack rather than picking what they actually use. The other thing to note is it's perfectly reasonable to use the free TV services many are perfectly happy with them. No one forces Sky TV on you, apart from perhaps you're own kids!

As for what it costs, again don't get it. The average household watches 3 hours a day. (€29.50/30)/3 is about 33 cents an hour. A playstation game is what €59.99 with probably about 60 hours of gameplay if you're lucky = €1 a hour. Hookers €80 an hour, gotta love rugby :pac:. Bottle of wine, dinner out etc. etc. all ridiculous money if you add it up.

I'll never understand the vitriol from people on here. Sky offer a service and charge a price for it. You either take the service or you don't. Why people think that a customer paying €90 should be treated any different to a customer paying €29.50 is beyond me. You're not forced into taking sports and movies. Personally I think the movies offering is pretty rubbish, and the sport is a function of what the premier league charge. Yes you can get it for free on streams etc. You can get most things for free if you're a thief. Personally I've no issue with sports streams, pirate away IMHO as they deserve to lose revenue with what they charge. On that note why not nick the kit too? BTW I'm not suggesting anyone here specifically is streaming but we all know it goes on and Irish begrudgery being what it is, people feel hard done by, by Sky not that Paul down the road is knocking it off.

The €29.50 customer picked a service which was right for them, the €90+ customer, presumably did too but it seems more and more people feel entitled to the full pack rather than picking what they actually use. The other thing to note is it's perfectly reasonable to use the free TV services many are perfectly happy with them. No one forces Sky TV on you, apart from perhaps you're own kids!

I'm a thief I stream anything I can and I don't care what you think!!

pj12332 wrote: »
    I'm a thief I stream anything I can and I don't care what you think!!

I think you're a (minor) thief, I'd personally just keep it under the radar rather than broadcasting it for all to hear but that's just me. Off to watch that film I just downloaded.

But specifically on giving out about a product you bought but didn't want/need, perhaps that makes you something else... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

As for what it costs, again don't get it. The average household watches 3 hours a day. (€29.50/30)/3 is about 33 cents an hour. A playstation game is what €59.99 with probably about 60 hours of gameplay if you're lucky = €1 a hour. Hookers €80 an hour, gotta love rugby :pac:. Bottle of wine, dinner out etc. etc. all ridiculous money if you add it up.

Time for an upgrade man.

squadro wrote: »
    Time for an upgrade man.

I don't know what hookers you are getting but ya could get one for a score here in clondalkin :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What about folks who just want the sports and / or movies?
    Sky force them into taking the basic packages too at a cost.
    You can't purchase a single channel or group of channels, you have to take packages most of which you've probably no interest in or can pick up for free through freesat or saorview.
    As for charging 15 euro per month for HD? They'll never justify that.

Advertisement