Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I called this morning to cancel and was offered 10%, 15% and then 20% off my package (which is currently €100.50 p/month and includes Variety, Sports and Movies).

Went ahead with the cancellation and received the 50% offer through the Sky Service App almost immediately. Called back quoting the offer and was given two proposals: (1) 50% off tv package and €10 HD for 6 months (no contract) or (2) 10 months with 50% off tv, €10HD and 2 months full price (with contract).

Happy haggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

I have just TV service, posting approx €30 euro a month. What would be my best offer that they would give to me would you say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Larcoon wrote: »
    I have just TV service, posting approx €30 euro a month. What would be my best offer that they would give to me would you say

as above
    depends really but half price for 6 - 9 months is being offered

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Span Molby

I am due to move out of my apartment in a month but our new place won't be ready for about two months, so have to move in with the in laws for a bit. What do ya reckon would be the best way to get a good deal. Currently have Variety and Sports. Thinking of ringing to cancel now and see what claw back offer I get after that

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I canceled my TV subscription with SKY but keeping my internet at 50e a month. I got a call Thursday and I got variety pack plus HD (8 months) and my WFI (12 month contract) for 64 euro. So happy with that and will talk to them in 8 months time regarding TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,844 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Basically you didn't pay your bill and they cut you off after about 3 weeks then offered you credit and a cut price sub yes?

Sent you a letter or was this available in your mysky online account?

Absolutely not. Always paid by dd.

I cancelled my account. They made me an offer to come back.....phone call offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Seve OB wrote: »
    Absolutely not. Always paid by dd.

I cancelled my account. They made me an offer to come back.....phone call offer

? = Question.

Thanks for the reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

Does anybody know, if I added Sky sports last September, does than mean I entered a new contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

DavidJC wrote: »
    Does anybody know, if I added Sky sports last September, does than mean I entered a new contract?

No, just 31 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psawyer

Help! I'm so bad at trying to get a deal. Currently have variety with sky 33 pm and phone and 120 mg broadband with virgin for 40 pm. My contract with virgin is up so I rang sky to see what they could me. Said the best would be 70 pm for variety not HD and anytime calls and fibre broadband. I'd only be saving about 3e a month if I switch all to sky. Said I'd think about it. Anyone like to tell me my next move!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

psawyer wrote: »
    Help! I'm so bad at trying to get a deal. Currently have variety with sky 33 pm and phone and 120 mg broadband with virgin for 40 pm. My contract with virgin is up so I rang sky to see what they could me. Said the best would be 70 pm for variety not HD and anytime calls and fibre broadband. I'd only be saving about 3e a month if I switch all to sky. Said I'd think about it. Anyone like to tell me my next move!! :)
    First of all Sky is currently running an offer for its tv customers where they can get unlimited fibre BB for €35 a month with a 12 month contract. You should be aiming for that.

Generally you would need to compare like with like. Off peak phone calls come free with that offer but unlimited calls will cost another €7.50 a month. But thats cheap compared to VF particularly if you ever had to ring the UK or other countries. With the Talk Unlimited you can ring 20 different countries and spend up to an hour at a time on calls including calls to mobiles in America.

Also just to note that Sky fibre is completely unlimited whereas VF's is capped.

Call them again and do a bit of haggling and threaten to cancel your tv sub and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Called today and I said half price or cancellation. Lots of the usual talk of reducing the package and who else are you going to go with. No deal on the half price so I gave the 31 days cancellation. Checked the Sky Services App and immediately was offered half price for 6 months in a 12 month contract. I'll wait it out and get a better deal from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Called today and I said half price or cancellation. Lots of the usual talk of reducing the package and who else are you going to go with. No deal on the half price so I gave the 31 days cancellation. Checked the Sky Services App and immediately was offered half price for 6 months in a 12 month contract. I'll wait it out and get a better deal from them.

If you only have TV, Wait until the day it actually cuts off. Ring back and see what deals they have then. 9 months half price I think is the current one, 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I was given the half price offer 12 months ago and that's now coming to an end.

If I call again this year, am I likely to get another 6, 9, or 12 months of half price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I was given the half price offer 12 months ago and that's now coming to an end.

If I call again this year, am I likely to get another 6, 9, or 12 months of half price?

Yes. But give your 30 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Yes. But give your 30 days notice.

A word of warning, in March 2015 I was coming to the end of my 12 months half price and I gave my notice. They called my bluff and let me go with only 12 months at 30% off, therefore I left. So another person in the same address signed up with the Groupon for 12 months at half price. Now that's coming to and end and I've been badgered up until Christmas with "come back to Sky" 50% off offers, but they've dried up since new year... We're due to sign another contract in March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Where in the app was the offer? When I click offers it brings me to main sky website which has nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

I'm paying €108 for BB/phone/sports/variety/HD.

I'm not in a contract for TV, but am for BB/phone until April. The bb/phone package will actually go up from €40pm to €50pm in April so I'm going to ditch them for someone else then.

It's too much as far as I'm concerned. I cancelled the sports about a week ago, Sky rep on the phone just said yeah ok.

I might just settle for eir and they're €30 a month for 12 months offer.

I'm not in a contract for TV, but am for BB/phone until April. The bb/phone package will actually go up from €40pm to €50pm in April so I'm going to ditch them for someone else then.

It's too much as far as I'm concerned. I cancelled the sports about a week ago, Sky rep on the phone just said yeah ok.

Don't understand why double posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

who_ru wrote: »
    Don't understand why double posts

I read somewhere that the double posts are happening because people are using the quick reply option

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Where in the app was the offer? When I click offers it brings me to main sky website which has nothing

When I sign in with my passcode it just comes up straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Sky services app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Bearing in mind Eir is a 24 month contract, what does it go up to after 12 months? My bb with Eir has crept up to almost €59 pm from April when yet another price increase (€2) is being added. I'm going to vf Bb only for €40 pm it's enough to be spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

jca wrote: »
    Bearing in mind Eir is a 24 month contract, what does it go up to after 12 months? My bb with Eir has crept up to almost €59 pm from April when yet another price increase (€2) is being added. I'm going to vf Bb only for €40 pm it's enough to be spending.
    Eir is 18 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kooga wrote: »
    Eir is 18 months

On the teeny tiny print on their TV ad it's a 24 month contract, maybe that's only if your getting the quad play but make sure to check first. Don't avail of any free trials of their tv service which will be offered to you about 5 months into your contract as they'll put you on a new 18 month contract without telling you. Nasty..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

My Groupon half price for the year is due to expire soon.
    I'm currently paying €47 for Variety, Sports and Movies and HD.
    Do u think I'll get another half price for the year if I ring to cancel?

I'll ring on Monday and give it a go. I'll go ahead and cancel if they don't offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I think it goes up to around €90 after 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

for those of you with contracts due up soon, watch out for any offers off the standard SkyQ pricing. It'll be interesting to see if deals are offered...my free 3 months is up at the end of this month so I'm considering whether to move to SkyQ or not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,844 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

what is SkyQ ?

Advertisement