Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

My problem with that though might be our account is in both names so we might not be able to get it as new customers.

Put in in Irish, if that's confuse them, nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

muffler wrote: »
    If its the Groupon deal then its half price variety with sports and/or movies for 12 months. You must be looking at a different offer.

groupon offer on Page 83,

maybe when i order it, it will have it for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

P_Cash wrote: »

Have you got the code from Groupon yet? You need that first and then enter it when signing up online.

Just re-reading your post. If its page 83 of this thread you're referring to then thats from 18 months ago and there is no link posted for that offer. Even if there was a link it would be expired now anyhow.

This is the current Groupon offer which expires tomorrow night.

ya, done that,

look at page 84, Basq first screen shot, it states, have price sports for 6 months, Post 3324

then look at his second one, post 3331,

maybe it fixes itself

• Advertisement

ya, done that,

look at page 84, Basq first screen shot, it states, have price sports for 6 months, Post 3324

maybe it fixes itself
    You must have the number of posts per page set from the default which is 25 posts per page. Im currently on page 225 of this thread so its better to refer to a post number rather than page number.

Anyhow, Im confused. You stated earlier that you were on to a Sky rep. Was that by phone and if so how could he/she not apply the offer if you had the code?

In fact there's been quite a few people who have posted here previously saying that they just rang Sky and said they wanted to avail of the Groupon offer and were signed up immediately.

Finally dont assume anything when it comes to filling in details online. Get it done right at the outset to avoid hassle further down the line.

ya, done that,

maybe it fixes itself
    Basq appears to have been attempting to sign up to different offers at the same time. You cant get the half price offer and then look for the cashback offer. Its one or the other.

The only advice I can give you is to ring Sky directly and have your Groupon code at hand.

Basq appears to have been attempting to sign up to different offers at the same time. You cant get the half price offer and then look for the cashback offer. Its one or the other.

The only advice I can give you is to ring Sky directly and have your Groupon code at hand.

tis exactly what im going to do.

ill take it, as i think half price is good, just about thought, prices creeping up all the time, and even half price right now is as far as ill go.

add another 1€ or 2 and im gone.

if you dont want 100% pure hassle stay away from that groupon offer

ive been told in the last 10 mins on phone to a sky ire rep that

its half price vari for 6 months, HD for 12 mths,

then i ve been told oh actually, its 12 months movies and sports, but 6 months variety, with HD at half price.

think ill pass on this, its taken up 2 days of my time, and nobody seems to know anything.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

then i ve been told oh actually, its 12 months movies and sports, but 6 months variety, with HD at half price.

think ill pass on this, its taken up 2 days of my time, and nobody seems to know anything.

I found the process very easy. All done on the phone in less than 10 minutes. I was given multitoom half price for 6 months and was given a better than half price offer on the movies which I didn't take. You're posts are however worrying and I will get everything confirmed again on Monday. I'm already with cowboys at UPC so don't need a new set of problems!

ill give it one more shot tomorrow morning before it runs out.

might get speaking to someone differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

No hassle here. Used the Groupon offer online. All done in about 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Just ordered this, no hassle at all, spoke to a very friendly rep, my bill each month will be €46.50 for Variety, Sports, Movies and HD. (She threw in Movies for an extra €4.50, didn't want it but for so little why not.)

She did have to check regarding the groupon offer, as she said there were lots of offers currently on, so possibly some reps may not be fully aware.

Just ordered this, no hassle at all, spoke to a very friendly rep, my bill each month will be €46.50 for Variety, Sports, Movies and HD. (She threw in Movies for an extra €4.50, didn't want it but for so little why not.)

She did have to check regarding the groupon offer, as she said there were lots of offers currently on, so possibly some reps may not be fully aware.

They seem keen to push the movies I guess most are just taking the sports. I didn't take it for 4.50e and got offered 3 months free movies and 4.50 after that. Still didn't bother but maybe I should?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Would have thought it would be a hard sell trying to get people to sign up for sports when there's nothing on for the next 2 months.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Would have thought it would be a hard sell trying to get people to sign up for sports when there's nothing on for the next 2 months.

As it's a 12 month deal you're covered for the football next season. I didnt fancy waiting until the season stated in case this deal wasn't available. There's defiantly more on sky sports over the summer(2 golf majors) than movie channels

Isn't it 15/16 season which BT have All the champions league games,

Then again between rte,utv and tv3 surely we will get enough coverage

Isn't it 15/16 season which BT have All the champions league games,

Then again between rte,utv and tv3 surely we will get enough coverage

Rte have a a Tuesday game
    Tv3 have a Wednesday game.

Ok, right now I've signed up, but took the movie option for now, what ill do in Aug I'll have to see. Perhaps switch to sports pack, and take BT for a month, then cancel. Try to get 9.99 a month

• Advertisement

Ok, right now I've signed up, but took the movie option for now, what ill do in Aug I'll have to see. Perhaps switch to sports pack, and take BT for a month, then cancel. Try to get 9.99 a month

Are Setanta open to deals in your experience? No way I'm paying 200+ euro up front or even 20e per month

Tugboats wrote: »
    Are Setanta open to deals in your experience? No way am I'm way 200+ euro up front or even 20e per month
    Try this link for €5 a month for June and July. If it works make sure you cancel again no later than 30 June.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

If you add Sky movies with this deal can you downgrade the movies before the 12 month contract ends and save 4.50 a month?

From my experience BT/setan does very little in offers for new subs,

If u sign up or even sign up on an offer, if u cancel a month or two later your guaranteed to be offered 3 months for 12.99, and if you're lucky maybe 9.99

To be honest, I'm losing the will to watch most games lately, the quality just not ther, and sick to death of the over hyping.
    both Sky and BT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

From my experience BT/setan does very little in offers for new subs,

If u sign up or even sign up on an offer, if u cancel a month or two later your guaranteed to be offered 3 months for 12.99, and if you're lucky maybe 9.99

To be honest, I'm losing the will to watch most games lately, the quality just not ther, and sick to death of the over hyping.
    I'm sick of michael owens voice

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Just bought groupon voucher and says it has expired ! After I bought it!

vicadd wrote: »
    Just bought groupon voucher and says it has expired ! After I bought it!
    Still showing as being valid for another 4.5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Guys I have the groupon but can't find a code that works they all keep saying they have expired any ideas will sky honour the groupon voucher I have as there call centre is closed

collie0708 wrote: »
    Guys I have the groupon but can't find a code that works they all keep saying they have expired any ideas will sky honour the groupon voucher I have as there call centre is closed
    Dont know where you're getting that from as I have rang them before on Sunday evenings/nights. See here for Sky's confirmation of their opening hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Dont know where you're getting that from as I have rang them before on Sunday evenings/nights. See here for Sky's confirmation of their opening hours

Got through but being told that there is no one available until tommorow to look into this

Advertisement