Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, sorry about that.

It's €10 up front and then appears to be €28 a month.

From my order confirmation e-mail:

5GDnPY.png
    Sky seem to make it particularly difficult to work out your monthly costs. You gotta read all the small print.

I still expect to cancel the Movies after the first month and keep the discount. As per the rep on the Sky Ireland forum. I ordered the same day as the original poster after reading that it was possible to cancel and keep the discount. SKY subsequently changed their stance though.

I was chatting to them on their live chat because the deal doesnt seem to be working correctly. Its coming in too cheap with movies and too dear with Sports. He told me there is an issue online with the coupon and you need to talk to someone on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Hey Guy's I'm out of contract with Sky.

How do I go about getting the above deal :) Ring cancel my current 30 day running contract and buy this deal and order it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

It is coming out bang on for me.
    Normally 38 Variety + 15 HD + 28 Movies

With offer it's 19 + 5 + 14 = 38/month.

* Variety and Movies half price, HD is 5 EUR.

10 EUR upfront but taken off first bill, meaning 28 for first month and 38 for each subsequent month. The 9 EUR is also returned after two bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It is coming out bang on for me.
    Normally 38 Variety + 15 HD + 28 Movies

With offer it's 19 + 5 + 14 = 38/month.

* Variety and Movies half price, HD is 5 EUR.

10 EUR upfront but taken off first bill, meaning 28 for first month and 38 for each subsequent month. The 9 EUR is also returned after two bills.
    Yeah, seems correct to me.

The e-mail confirmation I have included above indicating a monthly cost of €28 is very misleading if it is indeed only €28 for the first month to rectify the one-off payment, then bumped up to €38.

when i use it for sports it comes to 51euro per months at checkout:confused:

• Advertisement

To be honest, I'm thinking of cancelling this under cooling-off period.

Just taking on the basic deal with the cashback at the minute works out at just over €14 a month. I'm paying twice this by taking on this deal for Variety + Movies + HD - I've Netflix, don't need this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,888 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is it possible to order Sky without installation included?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

TingTong wrote: »
    Sky cut me loose about six weeks ago. Have been surviving on free to air and Netflix since then. My thoughts being that there is only 24 hours in the day and only so much TV you can watch. I was happy enough......then I got a letter from SKY this morning offering me half price TV on all bundles for 12 months, more or less begging me to come back. Am tempted but am surviving none the less. Anyone think I should take up the offer?

got the same letter this morning myself having been cut off since end of April.

6 weeks without sky.... not really missed much as have free access to Netflix & Sky Go (with sports & movies) through family members accounts, but in fairness we haven't watched to much of them a lot less than if we had them at our fingertips on the Sky box

There is an infinite amount of free channels on the Sky Box, and the EPG is great since I stuck in a UK card. No more "other channels" all the ITV's +1's Channel 4's & 5's, lots of crap, but some half decent stuff still there.

Have a Saorview receiver built into the TV for the Irish stations.

Miss not having record, pause, rewind etc functions.

Brighter evenings does means getting out a little more, though not very easy with young kids, but have definitely found I'm watching less TV... can only be a good thing.

Am tempted to go again with the half price offer, but really I will gain nothing from it except ease of access and the pause & record features.

Also looking at the Groupon deal. It is a better option as you get the €100 cash back and HD is €5 per month instead of half price €15 €7.50. My problem with that though might be our account is in both names so we might not be able to get it as new customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Use your middle name?

Yeah, this is getting silly now..

Also put this in Sky forum:
    Just rang up to cancel and was informed by a member of the Cancellations department that the offer also applies to the Original Mix.

When I informed him that the GroupOn seems to only indicate Variety Mix, I was told that he "has worked there for 3 years and he knows the deals they have on offer".

So either Sky or GroupOn is wrong here:

5vKrEn.png

Details and fine print around too is too sketchy so just cancelled regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Seve OB wrote: »
    got the same letter this morning myself having been cut off since end of April.

6 weeks without sky.... not really missed much as have free access to Netflix & Sky Go (with sports & movies) through family members accounts, but in fairness we haven't watched to much of them a lot less than if we had them at our fingertips on the Sky box

There is an infinite amount of free channels on the Sky Box, and the EPG is great since I stuck in a UK card. No more "other channels" all the ITV's +1's Channel 4's & 5's, lots of crap, but some half decent stuff still there.

Have a Saorview receiver built into the TV for the Irish stations.

Miss not having record, pause, rewind etc functions.

Brighter evenings does means getting out a little more, though not very easy with young kids, but have definitely found I'm watching less TV... can only be a good thing.

Am tempted to go again with the half price offer, but really I will gain nothing from it except ease of access and the pause & record features.

Also looking at the Groupon deal. It is a better option as you get the €100 cash back and HD is €5 per month instead of half price €15 €7.50. My problem with that though might be our account is in both names so we might not be able to get it as new customers.

Get yourself a freesat+ box. I got one in 2009, paid about 300 for it (which is a lot) but its still going strong after 6 years and I have full "sky+" type of recording on all the free to air british channels so miss very little

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

So I was charged €117 this month. Going to ring tomorrow and try and get a deal. If I do cancel and I am not offered any good deals can I just ring before the 30 days are up and say I want to stay with them? I will be shot here if Sky disappears from the screens!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

TheDriver wrote: »
    Get yourself a freesat+ box. I got one in 2009, paid about 300 for it (which is a lot) but its still going strong after 6 years and I have full "sky+" type of recording on all the free to air british channels so miss very little

how good is the epg ? The one thing that keeps me with Sky is just how good the epg is. It's ease of use, search functionality, etc, etc seems to be streets ahead of anything in the freesat market.

Happy to be proven wrong though ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

greendom wrote: »
    how good is the epg ? The one thing that keeps me with Sky is just how good the epg is. It's ease of use, search functionality, etc, etc seems to be streets ahead of anything in the freesat market.

Happy to be proven wrong though ? :)

Freesat epg is the same, by & large.

After initially not budging on multi-screen I got the 12 months half price Groupon deal with 6 months half price multi-screen. Happy enough

FYI - Amy on the Sky forum just confirmed to me that people who took advantage of the Groupon offer are not eligible for the €100 cashback.
    I can confirm that if you were to sign up for Sky using a Groupon discount code you would not be eligable for a €100 cheque. This would be a seperate offer which is available online. You cannot stack these offers together so you would need to chose either the online offer or the Groupon offer.

From here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

FourFourFM wrote: »
    It's going to get to a stage where after two years we're going to need to swap out our wives too :-P

You become a new customer after 12 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,888 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tugboats wrote: »
    After initially not budging on multi-screen I got the 12 months half price Groupon deal with 6 months half price multi-screen. Happy enough

are an existing/previous or new customer?

loyatemu wrote: »
    are an existing/previous or new customer?

first time customer

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

do u have to take sports/movies, or can u just go for the others,

ive had movies before and think its a waste, even if it were only 1eur, what parent of a 2 yr old watches movies lol

was thinking, ill just take the standard pack.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Looks like it! :D

5JM9HU.png

Was gonna sign up yesterday - it's times like this I'm glad I often put things off til the last minute!

i have the same as what u got there, did u notice it says Variety for 6 months. half price

I am now on to a sky rep re the 6 months sports half price,

im been informed that variety is half price for 12 months, but that sports will revert to full price after 6 months.

hence in the above screen shot why it says 6 months half price .

really thought this was a full 12 month offer on all packs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

i got sky cut off during the week-what channels will be on the box after they cut service?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

film 4 ...film 4 plus one....bbc (HD if you have HD box)....

i got sky cut off during the week-what channels will be on the box after they cut service?

just pull out the card, power down and up the box, and ull see what ull have

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Freesat epg is the same, by & large.

I've heard it's slow and clunky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

The new hd boxes will give you very little on their regular epg after you are cut off, so you can either tune in the BBC itv etc on the other channels list or buy a UK free to air sky hd card.
    I bought the card as I'm leaving sky. I got it on eBay and it only cost 7 euro. When you get the card, unplug you sky box and the restart it with your new card and then all the UK free to air channels will be lined up on the epg starting with BBC 1 on 101. You will also be able to access a good few hd channels. A quick Google will give you the full channel list.
    You will not have the irish channels but if you have saorview then you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

greendom wrote: »
    I've heard it's slow and clunky?

Its not as fluid as sky but its still 7 day and it lists things in different ways depending on way u like it. I never flick through live tv as always watch off planner. There's series link, good few HD channels and the ITV player also works on it. A year and half with sky and its paid off....
    When I 1st got it, missus was used to sky and giving out about all the soaps etc she couldn't record anymore on rte/tv3 until she realised that they are all on BBc or ITV which she couldn't record on sky. Plus in HD.
    All the various bbc and itv channels are actually quite entertaining

P_Cash wrote: »

im been informed that variety is half price for 12 months, but that sports will revert to full price after 6 months.

Very confusing this. I had it confirmed by 3 different reps(boards, live chat and phone) that everything is half price for 12 months

Tugboats

Thank you for your PM.

I can confirm that the break down you have provided above is correct.

Should you chose to go with Variety, Sports and HD, your first bill will be €51. All bills thereafter for the initial 12 month period would be charged at €42. On month 13, once the offers have expired, the bill will increase to €89 per month. Please note that €9 should be credited to your account once activated as part of the Groupon offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,961 ✭✭✭✭muffler

P_Cash wrote: »

If its the Groupon deal then its half price variety with sports and/or movies for 12 months. You must be looking at a different offer.

Advertisement