Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Good. We're agreed. But why not kill an 8 month foetus in the womb if the mother decides she doesn't want to be pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

No you haven't. Have you got something to hide..?

Yes cos she's a maniacal, homocidal, baby-atin'(without salt n all!), lesbian, atheist historian. Happy now? :rolleyes: (no offence Bannasidhe, this guy as Sarky pointed out won't be happy until he hears something similar from all of us)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

No you haven't. Have you got something to hide..?

Yes - I am a visitor from another world and I will be reporting back to the mothership that the mission to Earth should be aborted.

No fooling you is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Good. We're agreed. But why not kill an 8 month foetus in the womb if the mother decides she doesn't want to be pregnant?

Because it's perfectly viable and can be delivered so just deliver it instead... (not the first to state this) You really hold women in very low regard, they all seem to be suffering from some odd version of munchausen by proxy based on what you have written..

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Yes - I am a visitor from another world and I will be reporting back to the mothership that the mission to Earth should be aborted.

No fooling you is there.

Why don't you answer the question?

This forum has standards y'know.

• Advertisement

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Yes cos she's a maniacal, homocidal, baby-atin'(without salt n all!), lesbian, atheist historian. Happy now? :rolleyes:

Indeed. I shun salt - it's bad for the blood pressure.

Well, it used to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Could you please tell me what the difference is? What are will be the methods of "ending preganancy" that doesn't kill the unborn child?

You aren't even reading any of the responses are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Keep up.

My wife's mother rather than having a child she couldn't care for or killing her baby gave her to an orphanage meaning she had a chance at life

Or maybe she didn't have an abortion because it was deemed illegal?

Do you think this girl should be allowed to have an abortion?

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) — The case of a pregnant 11-year old girl who was raped in Chile by her mother's partner has set off a national debate about abortion in one of the most socially-conservative countries in Latin America.

Doctors say the girl's life and that of the fetus are at high risk. But in Chile, ending the pregnancy is not an option.

Chile allowed abortions for medical reasons until they were outlawed in 1989 under the dictatorship of Gen. Augusto Pinochet. The current government of conservative President Sebastian Pinera has opposed any loosening of the prohibition.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/childs-pregnancy-sets-chile-abortion-debate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Why would any effort be made to save the baby when the whole purpose of the procedure is to kill it?

Stewie_gun_mouth_super.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think maybe there's some problem with his screen where he can't read replies properly. There's no other explanation for ignoring four pages worth of patient circles of explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Could you please tell me what the difference is? What are will be the methods of "ending preganancy" that doesn't kill the unborn child?
    I assume you'll ignore this like you have the umpteen other replies telling you the same thing, but it's called a birth

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

By letting you repeatedly dodge questions while demanding others answer yours this thread has lost credibility of a debate and has turned into your own private little drama fest, I know you will report this and i am sure mods (can't blame em) will berate me for saying that but it's what most of us are thinking now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can I abort a 4 year old child if that child eats the whole nut bar that I've been saving?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Are you for or against the healthy mothers choice to kill her healthy 24 week old baby in her womb for no other reason than she wants to do it?
    Why would any effort be made to save the baby when the whole purpose of the procedure is to kill it?
    My wife's mother rather than having a child she couldn't care for or killing her baby gave her to an orphanage meaning she had a chance at life
    What are will be the methods of "ending preganancy" that doesn't kill the unborn child?
    You've been asked repeatedly to avoid unhelpful language. Referring to an abortion as "killing" is unhelpful. If you use the term again, you will be carded.

You are also failing to engage with other posters. If this continues, you will be carded.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Can I abort a 4 year old child if that child eats the whole nut bar that I've been saving?

Only if you've a rake of anecdotes about the reasons other women had abortions or gave up children for adoption.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

I'm getting the impression from BB that he won't be happy with any legislation unless it has teased out and covers every conceivable abortion scenario. It's almost as if he wants to have a say in what happens between a pregnant woman and her doctor, obs-gynae or abortion clinic.

BB, I have to ask, are you sure you're pro-choice? The theoretical situations you've postulated all share that same lack of trust of women that belongs to the other camp.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nutbag anti-choicers apparently picketing the Irish embassy in London this evening for a 4.30pm "candlelit vigil"... so tempting to go troll them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Because it's perfectly viable and can be delivered so just deliver it instead... (not the first to state this) You really hold women in very low regard, they all seem to be suffering from some odd version of munchausen by proxy based on what you have written..
    Well, I can't speak for other women, but I'm only going to get pregnant so I can demand an abortion at 8 months on the grounds that I can't fit into my trousers any more. I plan on insisting that they suck it out with a vacuum, straight into a blender. To be sure, like.

And just in case my sarcasm isn't immediately obvious :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Nutbag anti-choicers apparently picketing the Irish embassy in London this evening for a 4.30pm "candlelit vigil"... so tempting to go troll them :pac:

Any links?

• Advertisement

G'wan.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

old hippy wrote: »
    Any links?

Here

Saw it on Twitter, posted by a UK pro-choice group...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Attention! Y'all

The hamsters are on the their last legs and working overtime. That unfortunately means that this thread is approaching its posting limit. So please bear that in mind before you go writing a dissertation for your next post. :)

Many thanks to all who contributed,

We should be able to hit 10K posts before midnight. We can get a shiny new virgin thread in which to discuss the backwards misandrist whackjobs who vote against the bill :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sarky wrote: »
    We should be able to hit 10K posts before midnight. We can get a shiny new virgin thread in which to discuss the backwards misandrist whackjobs who vote against the bill :pac:

I'd say you'll hit it well before then. The actual post count is 9979.
    "Censorship!" I hear you scream? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Here

No placards! Where is the fun in that. I have my "ONLY GOD IS ALLOWED KILL BABIES!!" placard all ready :pac:

Ah, I assume you're including the crap you had to delete over however long it's been. Forgot about that.

Ah well. Onwards and upwards. With the occasional shimmy to the side for tea and biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Here

There is no limit to the crazy with them is there ?

From their Facebook page:
    Apparantly it's the abortion service they are closing, not the building itself where they will still continue to happily make people sterile in as great numbers as will allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Can't believe that you would abort this thread when there's plenty of threadless forums out there willing to give it a loving home. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

All these propaganda posters are giving me an urge to watch Kill Bill :D Its like subliminal messaging!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement