Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Myself and dorannoel will be ate'n the road tomorrow, coz were stone mad for the sped boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

I should see u all in the morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Good spin today. Sweet jesus that Apple Tart was delish!!

Got 2 hours recording with one battery on the camera today and it still had 15% left when i got home.

Fry up wasn't bad either....went home the long way took me an age. Only in the door now, need a new clutch cable and foot pegs.

Dafuq happened the foot peg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

goodlad wrote: »
    Got 2 hours recording with one battery on the camera today and it still had 15% left when i got home.

I got some great footage of a fly stuck to the lens and the inside of my pocket (forgot to switch of the camera d'oh).

goodlad wrote: »
    Dafuq happened the foot peg?

I was wheeling the bike backwards into the garage while the "Queen Bee" was waffling the ears off me about the washing powder or some **** and I just clipped the right hand side peg off the door and it snapped in half! Did not even catch it that hard......pain in the swiss.

Dont even know where to start getting another set! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Worldoftriumph.com will have the genuine bits, wemoto carry some genuine parts but have a lot of spurious parts as well.

Shipping on worldoftriumph is through the roof, so use parcel motel to their NI depot.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Sounds like it came off a bit easy. Possible it was damaged beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If they get pushed rearwards they just fold up against the springs, but pushed forwards they've nowhere to go and the whole weight of the bike is pushing against a thin piece of alloy, not surprising they'd break really.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

If they get pushed rearwards they just fold up against the springs, but pushed forwards they've nowhere to go and the whole weight of the bike is pushing against a thin piece of alloy, not surprising they'd break really.

Thats exactly it, I was shocked it was so brittle TBH. It really didnt get that hard of a bang and the shed is not concrete its the steeltech jobby. Any way I am gonna get a nice adjustable set with a bit of colour.

Just checked worldoftriumph and they are looking for £38 each for the peg only!!!! Thats £76 sterling for the set and postage on top....sweet baby jesus and the orphans. I seen the genuine peg for €15 on fleabay!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

check the micro fiches, they might be the same peg on all triumphs - may give you more options with ebay etc. I know the street triple and daytona ones are the same, even though the hangers are different, for example

but yea, I ended up getting some from ebay in the end (genuine ones) - silly money wanted by dealers, for whats first to go in the smallest of accidents

Wossack wrote: »
    check the micro fiches, they might be the same peg on all triumphs - may give you more options with ebay etc. I know the street triple and daytona ones are the same, even though the hangers are different, for example

but yea, I ended up getting some from ebay in the end (genuine ones) - silly money wanted by dealers, for whats first to go in the smallest of accidents

Ended up ordering the Oberon Touring pegs, the choice for me was not great and I did not want to be parting with silly money for foot pegs. I'll see how I get on with them, at least they will get me back on the road and they are coming from the UK so I dont have to wait 3-4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Count me in for Sunday ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Killalane races ( near Skerries ) are on this weekend. The last road race of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Any1 heading out for a spin 2moro!!!!!

Still no bike yet. Will hopefully be back on the road for next weekend

dorannoel wrote: »
    Any1 heading out for a spin 2moro!!!!!

Meant to be a good day tomorrow so it would be a shame not to, see you in the morning for brekkie and a spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Meant to be a good day tomorrow so it would be a shame not to, see you in the morning for brekkie and a spin.

Was going to head out on my own but happy to meet up for a spin if you're interested ?

• Advertisement

Yurp no probs, dont know what time or where yet? Chance I might not even be out tomorrow unless the baba sorts himself out.....I will post up here early tomorrow when and where if going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

Is this a top secret thread? There's no times, meeting point ect. Is things done differently on this site compared to others? Just curious.

Haha! Not at all.
    Meeting points usually depends who is heading out.

A few of the lads are always out so just organise their own stuff but if anyone else is heading just slap up a post and details are worked out.

Usually meeting points would be Naas then off to clane or kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

Is this a top secret thread? There's no times, meeting point ect. Is things done differently on this site compared to others? Just curious.

are you a fed? check him for a wire Lou >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Where are you based?
    There is normally a couple of meeting points and then we all meet up for grub. Regular lads come from Carlow.dublin.meath and Kildare. So any Sunday you want to head out just post up and whoever is heading out with usually pm you to set a meeting point and exchange phone numbers etc.

People post in general who are going out in here....then based on who is going we sort something handy for all concerned. Large spins have been absolutely BRUTAL this summer.......2 yrs ago there would be 10-12 lads out from 10 in the morning till 8 at night, with hundreds of miles covered.

I am really hoping to be back on the road for this Sunday.

On that note, I'm on for a spin this Sunday.

zubair wrote: »
    On that note, I'm on for a spin this Sunday.

Jamie I am heading for the best biker brekkie know to man....but its only served till 12 so have to meet up early-ish. Failing that meet up afterwards but a gooooood scram = a good spin imho.

• Advertisement

Deadly, I'm in for the lot, early(ish) is fine with me. :D

Advertisement