Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anyone out tomorrow? I haven't even started my bike in over 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Cant myself. Working:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Soz Goodlad was out on the piss and only checking this now.....see you this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

maybe rename this to sunday swim?

Have been out in alot worse mate.....remember heading up to the road races with Lookbehindyou at 6am in twice the rain non stop (apart from fuel) to NW200, OMG I will never forget it, but the FZ6 never put a wheel wrong. Pays to have the right gear too.....

I have been out the last few Sundays, cold and wet but enjoyable all the same.

• Advertisement

Anyone out tomorrow for spinzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Smithy101

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I'll be back out spinning from next weekend on so if possible I'll tag along for a few spins if u's lads don't mind! Looking ford to getting back out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I wont know till tomorrow am, what time are you meeting up and where?
    Smithy101 wrote: »
    I'll be back out spinning from next weekend on so if possible I'll tag along for a few spins if u's lads don't mind! Looking ford to getting back out :)

Tag along dude, you wont regret it, it's always a good laugh! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Smithy101

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Tag along dude, you wont regret it, it's always a good laugh! :)

Cheers pal :) really looking forward to the next one! I'll be keeping a close eye here for next week if there's one going ahead. Fingers crossed for some decent weather! See u lot soon 👍

I havent been on a spin in months! Cant wait to get back out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I think next weekend is flat out for me - I'll do my best but doubt I'll be out. I'll deffo be around the weekends after that though. Looking forward to a few good spins!

Im overdue being headbutt by a horse again! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

goodlad wrote: »
    Im overdue being headbutt by a horse again! :o

For the new comers??

Will defo be out next weekend!

aaakev wrote: »
    For the new comers??

Will defo be out next weekend!

We were taking it handy past some horses when my SV backfired... One of them decided a headbutt would sort me out :o

We were taking it handy past some horses when my SV backfired... One of them decided a headbutt would sort me out :o

Hahahahahahaha...... Did ya come off it?!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

I havent been on a spin in months! Cant wait to get back out.

We went near your place today on a spin in the rain.

RAIN....more like MONSOON CONDITIONS in some places today. It was HORRID bad for about 1hr non stop and muggins here forgot his rain bottoms...grrrrrrrrr.

RAIN....more like MONSOON CONDITIONS in some places today. It was HORRID bad for about 1hr non stop and muggins here forgot his rain bottoms...grrrrrrrrr.

Nasty..... what were ya wearing? !

aaakev wrote: »
    Nasty..... what were ya wearing? !

Had full leathers on but only the top half of my rain gear! Boots and gloves were brilliant as usual.

Jaysus man. Its still fooking freezing out. I don't know how you get away with wearing leathers. I've multiple layers on and my textile gear and im still freezing.

• Advertisement

I do have the RST thermal layers on aswell and its fine....I am NEVER cold on a bike ever. Once you keep the core warm (chest) the rest of you will be warmer.
    Eat more Garlic its very good for the circulation Gary.

:D

I'm a weakling with the cold. I do layer so much stuff on sometimes its hard to move! :o

Roll on the warmer weather and i will sport my skin tight leathers :eek: :D

Roll on the warmer weather and i will sport my skin tight leathers :eek: :D

Id be the luckiest man alive if that did it for me.............;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I was out on Saturday with just my leathers, I went all the way around the M50 and was pretty cold when I got there but I was grand really. Can't wait till it starts getting warmer. The rain on Sunday was mental! Very glad I was not out in it.

What boots & gloves do you have Wonda? Whats the rain gear you had on top?

I have alpinestars SMX Plus Goretex Boots, and I swear they are utterly amazing. Best gear I ever bought....I am gonna get a non goretex set for this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLlYkGVjHZc

My gloves are the Held Air and Dry......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLCc-s4xgeM

And I just have a Richa Chill Blast Rain Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PlayerA

Ouh I assumed I didn't miss much then, i dont have any rain gears... driving soak and frozen is not a healthy option

Its amazing how nice it can be riding in the wet....it can actually be quiet relaxing. As long as you have the right gear, I am convinced that anyone that hates riding in the wet got soaked a few times in the wrong gear and has a stigma about the rain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

can ye give me some details on this? as in times and where ye meet? have always read the thread but could never make it. would love to get out with a few others as I don't know where to be going of a sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

bluefinger wrote: »
    can ye give me some details on this? as in times and where ye meet? have always read the thread but could never make it. would love to get out with a few others as I don't know where to be going of a sunday.

The lads are flexible with meet up's. It depends what direction your coming from. Usual meeting places are kilcock, clane & Naas. Not sure on meet up times. Usually around 11 ish depending on location. Its last summer since I have been on one myself but im dusting off the cobwebs and hope to be out soon again. There is also a meet up in the Wicklow area the odd time & the posters here will inform you of that.

• Advertisement

So anyone outs and abouts this fine SunNYday?

Advertisement