Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

I be heading out 2moro aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Was a serious hail shower in west dublin earlier. Getting caught in them in the bike is an experience

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cienciano wrote: »
    Was a serious hail shower in west dublin earlier. Getting caught in them in the bike is an experience

Yep, I got it here in Meath aswell.....only lasted about 5mins but it was mental. Ground was pure white in secs.

Anyone else out on Sunday????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just downed an 8 pack of guinness. Ill see how I feel in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭prunudo

Sun is shining, think I might go for a spin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

thinking the same, dont have all day tho so might head over to laragh and maybe a bit further

Good to meet you today Kev, maybe next week we meet up for a proper blast. Only in the door now and I am so cold (Only leathers on today) I had to take a piss in the hand sink coz my "BITS" had shrunk so much! Wasnt chancing trying to hit the pot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

It turned out to be a cracking day weather wise for yiz:)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Good to meet you today Kev, maybe next week we meet up for a proper blast. Only in the door now and I am so cold (Only leathers on today) I had to take a piss in the hand sink coz my "BITS" had shrunk so much! Wasnt chancing trying to hit the pot.....

You too man, dont think ill get out next weekend tho because im goin to the leinster v munster match on Saturday :) lucky me bike didnt get knocked over in emo!!

Where did yas head after?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Nice 2 meet u 2! Was a good spin and the weather just made the spin better!

Roll on next Sunday!!!!

• Advertisement

That was coldest day on the bike in a long time, even with the thermals on I was freezing. Think once the cold gets into the body it's hard to shake off.

But on the plus side it was a great day on the bike, discovered a few nice new roads and managed to dodge the showers.

Great to put names to faces and hope to get out with you lads again soon.

dorannoel wrote: »
    Nice 2 meet u 2! Was a good spin and the weather just made the spin better!

Roll on next Sunday!!!!

Had a good spin meself even though I was on me own! Yeah weather was class man altho I got caught in a feckin bad hail shower between Hollywood and Blessington and had to pull into the garage to let it pass! Only rain I saw all day

Didn't get many pic's today so this will have to do.

jvan wrote: »

Jasus lads yas werent far from my gaf in that...

After Hollywood we head straight towards hacketstown but took the sharp right instead and on into Balitore (I think thats it anyway) great fast road one or two turns deffo catch you out on that stretch. On to the Athy roadabout and right again towards Nurny and into Monasterevin for a cup o tae in Lookbehindyou's house. Then out again into Kilcullen and the Curragh back down into Naas and then Summerhill and Dunboyne and home!

Fair few miles covered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Looks like you's had a great day lads

Jvan was on to me bright and early this morning, unfortunately i was up north for the weekend

Loads of bikes out today on the way home, i was raging plodding along in the van:mad:

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Looks like you's had a great day lads

Jvan was on to me bright and early this morning, unfortunately i was up north for the weekend

Loads of bikes out today on the way home, i was raging plodding along in the van:mad:

Next week for sure Nerrad....;)

After Hollywood we head straight towards hacketstown but took the sharp right instead and on into Balitore (I think thats it anyway) great fast road one or two turns deffo catch you out on that stretch. On to the Athy roadabout and right again towards Nurny and into Monasterevin for a cup o tae in Lookbehindyou's house. Then out again into Kilcullen and the Curragh back down into Naas and then Summerhill and Dunboyne and home!

Fair few miles covered today.
    Ah I should have stayed with yas, Was goim home to brimg the kods and herself out but her sister in law was up with jer young one so we did nothing in the end! Sounds like a good spin

jvan wrote: »

Well, you got a savage day from the looks of that photo

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Wish I could have went! Only managed to get out on the bike a an hour ago, had to have a spin before the weekend was over! F&$*%^ work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

went up to crossans on saturday - should have held out till sunday! weather was pretty horrific at times hah

hailstones leaving newry, smashing in between the gap at the top of the visor, and the helmet - was like I was in a snowglobe at one point :p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wossack wrote: »
    went up to crossans on saturday - should have held out till sunday! weather was pretty horrific at times hah

hailstones leaving newry, smashing in between the gap at the top of the visor, and the helmet - was like I was in a snowglobe at one point :p

Why is there a gap at the top of the visor??

well, theres a rubber seal all the way around, but hail was still hammering though it

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

well, theres a rubber seal all the way around, but hail was still hammering though it

I know the hail showers where pretty heavy the weekend and fair play for being out in them. But I wouldn't be happy if my lid was letting hail or rain in between the seal.

What typed of lid have you?

Btw did you pick up any bargains in crossons?

ah only a small bit - slight exaggeration for dramatic effect :P

mate was buying new boots, and got a good price on em. I was along for the ride, half thinking of getting a new lid, but nothing took my fancy unfort. Prob should have worked out my size in Shoei lids in retrospect

ah only a small bit - slight exaggeration for dramatic effect :P

mate was buying new boots, and got a good price on em. I was along for the ride, half thinking of getting a new lid, but nothing took my fancy unfort. Prob should have worked out my size in Shoei lids in retrospect

Was about to say the same thing...never had a helmet leak on me so Id be getting a replacement/repair if it was.

In the hail shower the other day I had the bleedin things bouncin up Into my lid off my jacket before I pulled in!

Was about to say the same thing...never had a helmet leak on me so Id be getting a replacement/repair if it was.

I had a leaky helmet before. Definitely recommend getting it seen to :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    I had a leaky helmet before. Definitely recommend getting it seen to :pac:

Or a spend a fortune on boxers!

• Advertisement

Meant to be a nice solid dry day tomorrow...got the "mammy" sorted today and will be out and about tomorrow.

Advertisement