Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Thread 2012/2013 Mark II Redemption

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

What do you reckon on the RC this weekend Kiwis are -15 :eek:, Argies are +9 and at home, but Hernández is out, looking forward to this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

duckysauce wrote: »
    What do you reckon on the RC this weekend Kiwis are -15 :eek:, Argies are +9 and at home, but Hernández is out, looking forward to this match.

Argies don't lose by more then 8 at home very often. They'll be unbelievably pumped up for this one. Don't think Hernadez is that much of a loss considering his form.

Argies don't lose by more then 8 at home very often. They'll be unbelievably pumped up for this one. Don't think Hernadez is that much of a loss considering his form.

will be interesting alright, might be some value with a drop goal being scored 11/10 pp , as it's being played in Mendoza at 760 metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Kiwis -15 sounds a lot better than betting on ARG vs SA.

Starting Cooper looks like an act of desperation to spark something, I don't buy McGahan's comment where he said Cooper was very close to selection. If he was in the frame last week, IMO he would have been on the bench.

No Pocock is a serious blow, us Irish fans should know that more than most!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I don't think I'll have a bet on the rugby championship this week. The bookies look to have it about right and I'm not sure how up for it NZ will be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

All Blacks vs Australia

All Blacks (-7) at Half Time looks like more money for jam. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭pcworldisajoke

Hoping for another good weekend after last week.

backed Nz early, -13 lumpy. Theyll be after the bonus and some humiliation, and the Aussie are ripe for it with injuries etc.. Not my own thoughts, but they should have lost by 20 last week but for butchery on the line.

As for South Africa, I was going to leave it, until I read about MENDOZAA!!!!!!!!!! :pac:
    On the -8 - Sa need a bonus too if they want to win this tourney.

All Blacks vs Australia

only thing ill say on that is ;Australia statistically tend to score less points v New Zeland in the second half, rather than the first. Should still be jammerific thoguh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

How about the HEC prices. Some surprising prices there. Ulster 25/1 while the English teams are about half that price! Ulster are in Northamptons group.

I also think Leinster are too short. 10/3 offers no value. Munster are good value and will be much improved from last season.

Of the English teams I can't see Harlequins winning it. They don't have a squad. Saracens got blown away at home last season by Clermont. Leicester will possibly be their strongest team but they're not the force they used to be. I think Ulster will top their group with Northampton.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-union/heineken-cup?ev_oc_grp_ids=1687

Leinster 10/3
    Toulouse 11/2
    Clermont 13/2
    Toulon 15/2
    Saracens 11/1
    Harlequins 12/1
    Leicester 14/1
    Munster 14/1
    Biarritz 16/1
    Northampton 16/1
    Ospreys 25/1
    Ulster 25/1

Racing 50/1
    Edinburgh 100/1
    Connacht 750/1

i think Toulouse will win it this year if Leinster dont. Dark horse Toulon. Wouldn't even glance at the English teams, and im not being biased.

• Advertisement

Really Liking perpignan tonight. Looked far more convincing that bordeaux last week, and thinking bookies have this all wrong

Really Liking perpignan tonight. Looked far more convincing that bordeaux last week, and thinking bookies have this all wrong

good stuff so far:)

James Hook breaks the hearts of HT/FT afficionados everywhere :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

James Hook breaks the hearts of HT/FT afficionados everywhere :-(

I think there might be value in the 'any result involving a draw' bets that PP offer on the HT/FT for the French matches.

That's 3 matches so far where it would have come in.

Tits to that Perpignan handed them that, 2 players out and they did not score very poor.

Tits to that Perpignan handed them that, 2 players out and they did not score very poor.

Shot themselves in the feet alright

3 yellow cards given against Bordeaux aswell. Sham of a performance, and that's not being bitter at losing a bet- they just weren't arsed, and truth be told, there's not one leader in that side when you really look at it. Lost on the +3 tonight, but quite invested in clermont toulon the saffas and the kiwis all the way up to -32 :eek:

3 yellow cards given against Bordeaux aswell. Sham of a performance, and that's not being bitter at losing a bet- they just weren't arsed, and truth be told, there's not one leader in that side when you really look at it. Lost on the +3 tonight, but quite invested in clermont toulon the saffas and the kiwis all the way up to -32 :eek:

bloody frogs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Anyody who wants a risk free bet you can back Australia +27 with PP at 1/4
    and then back NZ -26 with Ladbrokes at 5/1

so €400 with PP at 1/4 returns €500 if it wins
    and €100 with Ladbrokes at 5/1 returns €600 if it wins.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

All Blacks vs Australia

Followed you on that just before the kick off.

• Advertisement

Tight but in there in the end

PP offering 20/1 on an Australia win now, I don't think it will come in but for a 9 point deficit it's good odds. 50c stuck on! :pac:

PP offering 20/1 on an Australia win now, I don't think it will come in but for a 9 point deficit it's good odds. 50c stuck on! :pac:

Good thing my faith in Oz was limited to 50c...

profitius wrote: »
    How about the HEC prices. Some surprising prices there. Ulster 25/1 while the English teams are about half that price! Ulster are in Northamptons group.

I also think Leinster are too short. 10/3 offers no value. Munster are good value and will be much improved from last season.

Of the English teams I can't see Harlequins winning it. They don't have a squad. Saracens got blown away at home last season by Clermont. Leicester will possibly be their strongest team but they're not the force they used to be. I think Ulster will top their group with Northampton.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-union/heineken-cup?ev_oc_grp_ids=1687

Leinster 10/3
    Toulouse 11/2
    Clermont 13/2
    Toulon 15/2
    Saracens 11/1
    Harlequins 12/1
    Leicester 14/1
    Munster 14/1
    Biarritz 16/1
    Northampton 16/1
    Ospreys 25/1
    Ulster 25/1

Racing 50/1
    Edinburgh 100/1
    Connacht 750/1

Best price there is on Toulon, they've a group with Cardiff, Sale and Montpellier which they will almost certainly win. That's a probable home quarter final then. If they get a home semi-final then it will be in Marseille where they play regularly.

I think any of Leinster, Clermont or Toulouse would beat them but anything can happen in knockout rugby.

10/3 for Leinster is a ridiculous price.

Richie mccaw over the line and knocks on, carter over the line and throws a pass back out. the -26 looked a shoe in.

when your luck is out, your luck is out. Still cant figure out how they didnt beat the -26. I may not go out of doors today with that luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

I would be very wary of Toulon, Thomond. They won't score tries and have a poor record on the road. They should top the pool but I would be surprised if they managed a home QF. Don't think there is much value at that price.

GerM wrote: »
    I would be very wary of Toulon, Thomond. They won't score tries and have a poor record on the road. They should top the pool but I would be surprised if they managed a home QF. Don't think there is much value at that price.
    the away form isnt the best granted, but they did well away at perpignan last week. Trimmed alot of the fat from last year aswell. Ifs and buts etc. but when you look back, they're top 14 champs but for a spilled pass 5 metres from the toulouse line. Question is, are they more interested in the top14 or the HC. Probably top14

All Blacks vs Australia

nice JD more jam this week thanks :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Haven't seen the game this morning but glad I stayed away from betting on it. I didn't think Australia could be as bad as last week and would have gone for them.

• Advertisement

GerM wrote: »

the other teams in the pool are not great though, plus I can't see Montpellier putting out strong sides again like they did last year.

Advertisement