Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Thread 2012/2013 Mark II Redemption

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

aaah want to make a bet but cannot choose... I think I'll be a neutral this week!

Oz or NZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

For those making accums Biarritz To Win Both Halves is 4/7
    Bit more rewarding than the 1/20 Outright

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

wprathead wrote: »
    For those making accums Biarritz To Win Both Halves is 4/7
    Bit more rewarding than the 1/20 Outright

Yachvili and Harinordoquy are both out for Biarritz which would make me avoid a bet on them. But it's still good odds in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

sickened I didnt get on Toulouse To Win 1-12, fair play to those who went for it
    stuck a fiver on lil accum for interest, I avoided the Stade game and Perpignan, comes to about 8/1

French Top 14 Bordeaux Begles v Grenoble
    18-08-2012 17:30
    Match Betting
    Bordeaux Begles @ 1/5
    French Top 14 Biarritz v Stade Montois
    Will One Team Win Both Halves?
    Yes @ 4/7

French Top 14 Agen v Racing Metro
    Win Margin
    Agen to win by 1 - 12 points @ 13/8
    French Top 14 Bayonne v Clermont Auvergne
    18-08-2012 18:00
    Handicap Betting
    Bayonne (+2.0) @ 10/11

Accumulator (4)
    1 line at €5.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €5.00
    Potential returns: €47.25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Aus%2Bvs%2BNZ.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭pcworldisajoke

Hii gents, no provincial offence meant by using the 'rog gouger'remark, i was merely trying to be funny in a descriptive way. Id be a leinster fan and then a munster fan myself, the two of them were always at each other, and he has gone for ROG's eyes on youtube before in my eyes, but thats not for this discussion or thread, I completely agree. So lesson learned, even in jest, there's no point.

Moving on, I have NZ -4 backed in a big way, and im hoping they hammer Aus- we might see a shift out even further of the South African price on the outright, which i still agree is big value at 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Hii gents, no provincial offence meant by using the 'rog gouger'remark, i was merely trying to be funny in a descriptive way. Id be a leinster fan and then a munster fan myself, the two of them were always at each other, and he has gone for ROG's eyes on youtube before in my eyes, but thats not for this discussion or thread, I completely agree. So lesson learned, even in jest, there's no point.

Moving on, I have NZ -4 backed in a big way, and im hoping they hammer Aus- we might see a shift out even further of the South African price on the outright, which i still agree is big value at 4/1.

NZ -4 is looking good now. What price was that?

profitius wrote: »
    NZ -4 is looking good now. What price was that?

10/11 or evens. Probably 10/11 with SJ

10/11 or evens. Probably 10/11 with SJ

on it since early in the week from DKrugby (see a few pages back). it went to 5/6 in stan james but the local bookies still had 10/11 (tom flood or bambury- cant remember). Still, its looking tight now

edit - it was in bambury, who use betpack. Now for anyone who uses/sees betpack, they always have stanjames prices. And a nugget of info- betpack take all their prices from stanjames. The local bookies using betpack tend to take a long time to adjust their initial stanjames prices if they move (points or pricewise.) So if you miss an early price, try your local cos they might still have it

hope this makes sense!

God Damn you Dan Carter!!!

• Advertisement

pithater1 wrote: »
    God Damn you Dan Carter!!!

oooh! I feel that pain man, happened to me more times that I care to remember! Still, they should have been out of sight when the ruined two chances in the last ten miniutes. Jane knocking on after the SBW offload in particular

oooh! I feel that pain man, happened to me more times that I care to remember! Still, they should have been out of sight when the ruined two chances in the last ten miniutes. Jane knocking on after the SBW offload in particular

Yeah thought I had gotten out of jail there alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Aus%2Bvs%2BNZ.PNG

Damn you Nathan Sharpe - spoilt what could have been a full house. The scoreline flattered the woeful Aussies and I can't wait to see the return fixture. :D

Went for a cheeky little inplay on Western Province to beat the Griquas @7/4 when they were 12-0 down.

Massive wind in WP's face in the first half, 12-7 at the half time, Griquas will be doing well to get out of their half in the 2nd half with the wind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Does anyone think Montpellier +7 is just too good to miss out on

following dkr twitter with a fiver on that 1-12 top 14 treble , and im trying to make my mind up on the south african handicap. -13 long gone in boyles, but the -15 still looks value. Id take the 11-20 but its only 5/2 in powers....

i cant see how an argentina side that hasnt played an international in a year can live with SA unless they go easy on them

I think its decent, but theyre missing alot of their side with Argentina. Still a decent looking side, id be more inclined to back it thoguh if Gorgodze was at least there. DOnt think oedgrago starts either does he?

I think its decent, but theyre missing alot of their side with Argentina. Still a decent looking side, id be more inclined to back it thoguh if Gorgodze was at least there. DOnt think oedgrago starts either does he?

http://www.lnr.fr/calendrier-resultats-top-14.htm

Oedrango starts, no Gorgodze

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Montpelllier are missing 6/7 Argies because of the RC, Stade's team doesn't look great at the same time. No Contepomi, Parisse on the bench.

Right so, handicap accumulator time:

I'll have:

Australia +6 - Can see this one being very close
    Argentina +14 - South Africa will win but the weather and teams point out a kick fest
    Castres +11 - Reckon Castres will pick up a LBP here
    Agen -3 - Racing Metro currently in a shambles, Agen have a spectacular home record
    Biarritz -15 - MDM promoted in a shock upset, Biarritz to push for a BP here
    Bayonne +2 - Solid home record, can see them actually beating Clermont here
    Stade Francais -7 - Montpellier missing a ton of players on International duty.
    Grenoble +8 - Matches between the 2 tend to be close run affairs.
    Toulon +2 - Reckon Toulon may well win this one.
    Cheetahs +3 - Very solid home record and a great H2H against the Bulls in the CC.
    Western Province -7 - Expect a backlash after last weeks shock home loss.
    Sharks -9 - Lions in disarray, just kicked out of the Super 15 yesterday.

And bust, DC and a suspect Griquas try put paid to that, still about a tenner up though with my T14 accy still in play

• Advertisement

right, taken more of SA on top of the -13, 15 now aswell. Dont get how they can deal with them with such little match practice, graham henry or no graham henry

left toulon til later, took agen and stade F 1-12

and mvovo first try this game 9/1

Currie Cup Sharks v Lions
    18-08-2012 18:15
    Alternative Handicap
    Sharks (+4.0) @ 1/6
    French Top 14 Bordeaux Begles v Grenoble
    Alternative Handicap
    Bordeaux Begles (+4.0) @ 1/8
    French Top 14 Biarritz v Stade Montois
    Double Result
    Biarritz - Biarritz @ 2/9
    French Top 14 Agen v Racing Metro
    Alternative Handicap
    Agen (+9.0) @ 1/7
    The Rugby Championship South Africa v Argentina
    18-08-2012 16:00
    Match Betting
    South Africa @ 1/9

safer lot for just over evens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

I may not know much but there is one thing I do know. Accu's are the surest way to the poorhouse.
    Single's & no loss chasing the only way to go.

4PP wrote: »
    I may not know much but there is one thing I do know. Accu's are the surest way to the poorhouse.
    Single's & no loss chasing the only way to go.

True that, the handicap accus are generally only a few cent though. Most of the money is made through the singles and the short odd accus

True that, the handicap accus are generally only a few cent though. Most of the money is made through the singles and the short odd accus
    agreed no harm in a small acca, if all your picks came in and you didnt do it you'd be sick. This is about entertainment afterall, as well as making money. Adds a nice kick to the day

Maybe I'm being overbearingly moralising & my apologies if I come across that way but as someone who reguarly posts my thoughts/tips (albeit not here) I do think that giving an inkling of how you rate the bet could help.
    Obviously we're all adults & its up to the individual how much he stakes but honestly nothing in the above posts suggest you were not taking them anything but seriously. Certainly not a 50 cent stake.

EDIT; I've re read that and it does come across as pompous. Not my intention but I don't know how else to put it, Sorry, 4PP

4PP wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being overbearingly moralising & my apologies if I come across that way but as someone who reguarly posts my thoughts/tips (albeit not here) I do think that giving an inkling of how you rate the bet could help.
    Obviously we're all adults & its up to the individual how much he stakes but honestly nothing in the above posts suggest you were not taking them anything but seriously. Certainly not a 50 cent stake.

EDIT; I've re read that and it does come across as pompous. Not my intention but I don't know how else to put it, Sorry, 4PP

Not at all, in terms of my staking, I'd have a budget (or starting bank) of in and around €20, broken down that's €15 for the short odds bets (the one's I'd have over 90% confidence in, for example say Leinster +10 at home to Treviso). I usually won't go above a 5c per line stake on the handicap accus (this week I went in at 2c per line).

Hope that makes sense (and doesn't sound self justifying)

From that angle its more than reasonable. I started with 50 about 5 years ago now & use a budget of 150. Barring the odd "big" occasion I bet essentially on the T14. Its what I know. 20 a game, generally on no draw 'caps. Just 3 picks this week, give the form time to settle. Anything over & above goes into the family a/c for extras. Keeps everyone happy.

5 from 5 from me from dkr, having a stormer of a weekend. did the movovo first try for small money aswell, but wouldnt count that as a bet :D

• Advertisement

5 from 5 from me from dkr, having a stormer of a weekend. did the movovo first try for small money aswell, but wouldnt count that as a bet :D

Pardon my ignorance but what or who is dkr?

Advertisement