Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday Storm (15/08):MOD WARNING #626 High Winds + Heavy Rain/Flooding Likely

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Breezy but dry and a bit chilly here at the moment in Kilkenny city. If there was rain last night I didn't hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Wet and windy in Cork this morning, like a bad winter's day. Travelling on the M8 to Fermoy very poor visibility around Watergrasshill, as usual, windscreen wipers having trouble keeping up with the burst of rain. Nothing extreme noted so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Rained a bit last night but now calm & bright in Greystones. Looking forward to an interesting day ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Changing rapidily here in Carlow, sky is very dark wind has picked up, expect rain on the way!!!

http://www.carlowweather.com/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Light clouds but visible blue sky underneath.. Little bit breezy but no sign of a storm here in Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Speak Now

A few heavy bursts of rain on and off this morning in Waterford. Not too windy as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'll think I'll go to the beach in Tramore today. Looking good there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy rain started here in Waterford City. Total so far since midnight 10.8mm. Max gust still 55km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Takemehome

All is calm on the side of the Dublin hills (Stepaside) at the moment. Any idea of what electrical activity might be like if any in this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

guppy wrote: »
    Tree tops blowing near Finglas, Dublin, no more than usual though. Sky actually looks like it could be a good day!
    I was surprised myself this morning it was such a pleasant day but look what's coming!
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Things brightening up here now (Clonakilty'ish coastal area), time to go for a walk and actually feel the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Heavy rain here ... Bit breezy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

weisses wrote: »
    Heavy rain here ... Bit breezy

Very heavy rain here. South Wexford. Been bucketing down for ten mins now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Wind picking up in Arklow and the sky has darkened. No rain yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Things brightening up here now (Clonakilty'ish coastal area), time to go for a walk and actually feel the wind.

Brightening up?!

Just got into work here - drove through the city and aquaplaning all the way:pac: Ok maybe not all the way but there is a LOT of surface water already and there was an almighty gust of wind when I was stopped in traffic as well. And the worst is yet to come......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I get the impression this is going to miss Dublin. Happy days if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭edgy

Really heavy rain and wind in Waterford city

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Don't expect highest winds till his afternoon and evening.

3pm - midnight

Expect gusts on south coast to hit 70mph, gusts in Dublin coast to hit 55-60mph

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

You can always depend on Cork to get the rain, snow on the otherhand...:D

Bring back the snow threads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Takemehome wrote: »
    All is calm on the side of the Dublin hills (Stepaside) at the moment. Any idea of what electrical activity might be like if any in this event?

There is plenty of energy in it and it has started to show some strikes in the south.
    http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

In Kilkenny city - street lights just came back on! Rain starting and wind picking up. I started my morning in Waterford, but those who woke up here said it was a lovely morning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Raining heavily here in Limerick City. A bit of a rattle starting in the chimney occasionally but its more a rain event at the moment, rather than a wind event.

Still VERY warm though.

Hopefully we'll have some thunder and lightening. My daughter and myself are big T&L fans and we didn't get any storms on the continent this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭allenview

Lovely morning here in Kildare at the moment ,wind picking up slightly .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Rain starting here in Naas now, wind gusting 42 KMH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Wind howling now and trees are swaying outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

so much for getting the waterproofs ready last night, it was a lovely morning and still is!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

nbar12 wrote: »
    so much for getting the waterproofs ready last night, it was a lovely morning and still is!

for now... http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

15.4mm in the last hour here. Winds gusting to near 50km/h so not as strong as expected yet.

In kinsale and woke up to your regular wintry and blustery storm...no biggie so far. But suddenly everything has gone quiet...small blow of wind and no rain. Eerie!! Heading to beach at lunch to watch the rollers. It will be deadly in cork city at high tide around mid afternoon if it keeps raining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

From the radar it looks like the rain is going to clear early from the south? Or is there another band on its way behind that?!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement