Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday Storm (15/08):MOD WARNING #626 High Winds + Heavy Rain/Flooding Likely

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Toothpaste89

Very bad rain and wind in South Wexford at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

I think we've just entered the eye in South West Kerry... bright sky, no rain, very little wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

damoz wrote: »

why didn't I bring them too work with me? My crappy little umbrella is going to do nothing aghhh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Holy crap the rain is heavy.

Birds singing no wind...i actually see cracks of blue sky...i officially declare the state of emergency for kinsale area over...only prob is flooding in cork....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Interesting drive in from West Limerick to Limerick City this morning at around 8-8.30am. Really heavy persistent rain, alot of surface water already and winds picking up all the time as the day goes on. Some of the rivers could be interesting come high tide!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

New webcam for Galway Docks updates every few seconds. cloudy here no real wind

link: http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/live-webcams/ireland/Galway-Harbour/Galway-City/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Front edge of this lads is currently Forming a whales mouth ... Just past me here now in N.Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Winds should peak on the southwest coast around 3pm, further east around 6pm. Long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Winds should peak on the southwest coast around 3pm, further east around 6pm. Long way to go.

Maquiladora, is the rain expected to last this long also or will it just be wind for some areas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

The rain is beginning to ease here as well and gone relatively calm. The forecast is for heavy thundery showers later which should be interesting with the windy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Front edge of this lads is currently Forming a whales mouth ... Just past me here now in N.Dublin

I can only presume you have pictures. Rain has just started here. My son looked outside and said "it's night-time again"

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

heavy rain now just started in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

leahyl wrote: »

Maquiladora, is the rain expected to last this long also or will it just be wind for some areas?

Increasing wind with showers after this main band passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Lovely morning here on the shores of Donegal Bay
    311843_484668774877616_881274914_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

irish1967 wrote: »
    Lovely morning here on the shores of Donegal Bay
    311843_484668774877616_881274914_n.jpg

Nice pic! Bit different down south this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Started off this morning here in Campile sw Wexford about 7 this morning. Some big gusts with pelting driving rain.
    It has calmed down a good bit still very wet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Cherrywood, Dublin.

Morning was lovely but with an angry as hell sky. Went for a walk 10 minutes ago and there was a chilly breeze, but nothing else. Whatever it is like today, I just want the wind to clear by this evening so I can go for a jog

Nice pic! Bit different down south this morning.

Great pic...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

The old IWO chat room is still available, people could post updates there:
    http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/11/live-chatroom.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Image 1 shows Cyclonic Systems Xenja (left) and Wilma (right) at 08z 15th August and the second image shows the pair of them 16 hours earlier at 16z 14th August. Images from Sat24.com.

sat24at08z150812.jpg
    sat24at16z140812.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Some torrential downpours in the last hour in Waterford, 26mm of rain so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Started raining heavily here in Dublin 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Some torrential downpours in the last hour in Waterford, 26mm of rain so far today.

Hey Gerry was there any thunder over your way this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Squall line developing ahead of the front over midlands

Some very intense radar returns

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Rain is going to be extremely heavy in Dublin region and surrounding areas in next few hours.

Would expect a flash warning

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Rain is going to be extremely heavy in Dublin region and surrounding areas in next few hours.

Would expect a flash warning

What time do you expect it to hit Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

TURRICAN wrote: »
    Hey Gerry was there any thunder over your way this morning?

Didnt hear any but i've been in a noisy envoirnment for most of the morning.

Net weather lightening detector not showing any strikes.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Plenty of activity in the channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

heavy rain literally just starting to fall in Clonskeagh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement