Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

theNewGirl wrote: »
    YES! I was talking to you a little on results night wasn't I?

Yeah, I think we were talking for a minute or two near the cloakroom? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 theNewGirl

Seren_ wrote: »
    I'm in FemSoc and was on the Mental Health soc committee last year - they're both really great socs, but obviously I'm a wee bit biased ^.^ Fairs Day is on Sept 26th, so you can join them all then. Costs €2 to join a club/soc.

Oh, I wanted to join the FemSoc! I keep thinking it's late August since I'm still on holidays, so the 26th seems ages away :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Going to some English talk with a friend tomorrow. Shall be my first time in Maynooth in months. Better be good.

EmzBoBo wrote: »
    Yeah, I think we were talking for a minute or two near the cloakroom? :)

Yes, so what are you going to study? ::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Oh, I wanted to join the FemSoc! I keep thinking it's late August since I'm still on holidays, so the 26th seems ages away :o

Aw yay! I'll be updating the post on FemSoc in the Pimp your Soc sticky thread at the top of the forum at some stage with some details so you know what sort of stuff we'll be getting up to during the year :)
    marko93 wrote: »
    Going to some English talk with a friend tomorrow. Shall be my first time in Maynooth in months. Better be good.

Knowing the English lecturers, it should be pretty good :pac:

• Advertisement

Best part being I'm doing science :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

I'm moving into Maynooth tomorrow but now I'm at that phase where I'm paranoid about EVERYTHING!!!

1) Do we have to bring the whole bedding to (Village appartments?) For some reason, I'm thinking that they have duvets provided

2) Where can I find this 'signed campus agreement'? I printed out the medical form but that was it. And I don't wanna be declined into my room tomorrow because of it :(

If I remember anything else that I'm freaking out about, I'll let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Calypsio

First post ever ^.^
    Hey everyone, I'm Anna-Marie. First time poster and going into NUIM on the 13th & 14th for registration/Orientation.
    I'm studying Computer Science & Software Engineering (Arts). If anyone's looking for a course buddy I'd love to meet you. :cool: I'm kind of shy in person but I'm trying to get out of my shell xD

chomps_x wrote: »
    Name: Kelly
    Course (hopefully): Computer Science and Software Engineering (Arts)

LOL, at least now I will know someone in my course before going in, awesome ! ^.^ No one I know is actually going to NUIM :( everyone I used to know are going to DCU or Trinity !
    Is anybody commuting from Dublin and wants a train buddy?

I'm commuting from Balbriggan so I might be a few stops before you or I could be on a completely different train xD

Aw yay! I'll be updating the post on FemSoc in the Pimp your Soc sticky thread at the top of the forum at some stage with some details so you know what sort of stuff we'll be getting up to during the year :)

Oh that's handy, I'll make sure to check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

1000th post in this thread!

Edit: Gaargh.

• Advertisement

banquo wrote: »
    1000th post in this thread!

Edit: Gaargh.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

Shinato wrote: »

1) Do we have to bring the whole bedding to (Village appartments?) For some reason, I'm thinking that they have duvets provided

2) Where can I find this 'signed campus agreement'? I printed out the medical form but that was it. And I don't wanna be declined into my room tomorrow because of it :(

1: Yes, they gave me a mattress protector but that was it, you will need a pillow, duvet, pillowcase, duvet cover, sheet etc

2: The campus agreement is there when you sign in to TCAS (where you paid). If you go to the Booking info, at the top of the table there's a button for Campus Agreement.

Good Luck, and enjoy!

See all you Scientists tomorrow :cool:

plumpote wrote: »
    1: Yes, they gave me a mattress protector but that was it, you will need a pillow, duvet, pillowcase, duvet cover, sheet etc

2: The campus agreement is there when you sign in to TCAS (where you paid). If you go to the Booking info, at the top of the table there's a button for Campus Agreement.

Good Luck, and enjoy!

Ah thanks so much. I've now all my documents ready for tomorrow and I'm so relieved.

Paranoia has now taken a back seat to anxiety :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SB10123456

Calypsio wrote: »
    First post ever ^.^
    Hey everyone, I'm Anna-Marie. First time poster and going into NUIM on the 13th & 14th for registration/Orientation.
    I'm studying Computer Science & Software Engineering (Arts). If anyone's looking for a course buddy I'd love to meet you. :cool: I'm kind of shy in person but I'm trying to get out of my shell xD

LOL, at least now I will know someone in my course before going in, awesome ! ^.^ No one I know is actually going to NUIM :( everyone I used to know are going to DCU or Trinity !

I'm commuting from Balbriggan so I might be a few stops before you or I could be on a completely different train xD

I went to school there! might be getting the train from Laytown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

All you other sciencey people go easy on me tomorrow! Also, be my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Haha, same happened to me when I signed up. At least your username isn't as bad as my old one (it was Your Text Here until I changed it a while back. Such a silly name.)
    Your Text Here was an AWESOME name and I refuse to call you anything else! Not even Shauna!!

Started Maynooth life today. Was nervous at first but now that I've met my roomates, I don't know why? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I LOVE NUIM <3 Seriously, today was class!

I was trying to look out for boardsies but obviously that didn't go too well.

Maynooth ain't bad at all. Fair few sounds lads/ladies. Talks were boring. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Any boardies, don't be afraid to introduce yourself or add me on facebook. More the merrier.

Highlight of the day was the SU and bumping into a lad I used to play GAA with a fair few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Maynooth ain't bad at all. Fair few sounds lads/ladies. Talks were boring. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Any boardies, don't be afraid to introduce yourself or add me on facebook. More the merrier.

Highlight of the day was the SU and bumping into a lad I used to play GAA with a fair few years ago.

what group number are you?

kellief wrote: »
    what group number are you?

Group 17 :) Science :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Group 17 :) Science :cool:

I'll try find ya! I'm in a green tour guide tshirt and have purpley brown hair with bright blue beneath :)

I'll try find ya! I'm in a green tour guide tshirt and have purpley brown hair with bright blue beneath :)

I'll be stuck in the Iontas for all lectures of subjects tomorrow! So I'll keep my eye out :o

I don't suppose you were giving a tour today, and telling ghost stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Anyone know the opening and closing times of the University library from Monday-Thursday? :)

Also does anyone know how much a Train (return) would be from Maynooth-Dublin Connolly? Mid-week like?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

Anyone know the opening and closing times of the University library from Monday-Thursday? :)

Also does anyone know how much a Train (return) would be from Maynooth-Dublin Connolly? Mid-week like?

A return train from Connolly to Maynooth is 6.60. Hefty I know. :P Not sure about opening times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

karl_m wrote: »
    A return train from Connolly to Maynooth is 6.60. Hefty I know. :P Not sure about opening times.

6.60? Ok thanks! :) Does a DART run from Maynooth? That would probably be a little cheaper no?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Darts only run between Bray/Greystones to Malahide/Howth
    But it would cost the same as commuter/intercity as you pay for the journey not the train you take :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

telling ghost stories
    You will hear Ghost stories at every single Campus tour. I was on 3 and each time I heard 2 identical ghost stories :)

Advertisement