Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

marko93 wrote: »

Shall see you there :P

Lads, if anyone wants to add me on facebook feel free to do so. Can't harm having more friendly faces, eh?
    https://www.facebook.com/mark.shortall

Also, Chemistry is a sham, easy, but a sham. 100 and odd quid before anything starts?

On the constant switching today was the first and last time it'll be happening :D
    CS lectures in JH and CH being moved as well <3

Added ya! I'm Alex. Also, why is chemistry €100? I saw the lab fee but I wasn't at the first lecture this morning so what's the story with books & stuff? I got the intro notes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

loser2k12 wrote: »
    Added ya! I'm Alex. Also, why is chemistry €100? I saw the lab fee but I wasn't at the first lecture this morning so what's the story with books & stuff? I got the intro notes. :)

The book is 70 quid :P 35 fee, 15 for a lab coat, 5 for glasses. Fawking mental. Make sure you print of those notes from moodle, she said she won't be letting people take them down.

D: jeeeeeeeeez. No, I went and paid the euro for them! :D make sure and say hi if you recognise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Also, Chemistry is a sham, easy, but a sham. 100 and odd quid before anything starts?

I can't believe we HAVE TO buy the book. Ugh :( And it's not even possible to buy it second hand :(

It'll be the one and only book I buy let me tell you! :P

Boeing777 wrote: »

I can't believe we HAVE TO buy the book. Ugh :( And it's not even possible to buy it second hand :(

It'll be the one and only book I buy let me tell you! :P
    Ah sure be grand.

Here, do we need anything for tomorrow in Bio?

• Advertisement

Ah sure be grand.

Don't think so :D also, can you tell me the name of the chemistry book?

loser2k12 wrote: »
    Don't think so :D also, can you tell me the name of the chemistry book?

Jesus, I completely forget.

That booklet she wants for tomorrow is 165 pages long. Fook snakes.

Nope, don't think so?
    That booklet she wants for tomorrow is 165 pages long. Fook snakes.

Well I paid a €1 for it today and it definitely wasn't 165 pages :pac: There's 4 slides per page alright but I doubt that equates to 165 pages? I'll be shocked if it does.
    Maybe you could print multiple pages per sheet?

Just buy it for a euro :0

Nope, don't think so?

Well I paid a €1 for it today and it definitely wasn't 165 pages :pac: There's 4 slides per page alright but I doubt that equates to 165 pages? I'll be shocked if it does.
    Maybe you could print multiple pages per sheet?

Nah sure feck that, I'll be into the science building in the morning after Bio and Maths to get mine!

Mine was printing out a slide per page :P

• Advertisement

I nearly died when they handed out that maths test today :mad: I'd confidently say that I got about 5 right... max! :(

Standing in queue for Chem lab sign up, fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RachEnnis

Need a bit of help!

Been feeling pretty crap for weeks, and have had zero energy, just got a phonecall from the doctor after blood tests this morning confirming that I've got a pretty bad dose of glandular fever! Hae says that I'll probably be missing out on college for the next week or two, and he's giving me a cert for college.
    Who do I give it to? Who do I talk to about missing classes and all that? Like, if I'm missing on lectures and tutorials, I'm missing assignments and docked marks for attendance and participation and all that. Will they make exceptions if I have a cert and what can I actually do to keep up with everything, I don't want to be falling behind so soon into the start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

RachEnnis wrote: »
    Need a bit of help!

Been feeling pretty crap for weeks, and have had zero energy, just got a phonecall from the doctor after blood tests this morning confirming that I've got a pretty bad dose of glandular fever! Hae says that I'll probably be missing out on college for the next week or two, and he's giving me a cert for college.
    Who do I give it to? Who do I talk to about missing classes and all that? Like, if I'm missing on lectures and tutorials, I'm missing assignments and docked marks for attendance and participation and all that. Will they make exceptions if I have a cert and what can I actually do to keep up with everything, I don't want to be falling behind so soon into the start!

Give the cert to the departmental secretaries/administrators of the subject(s) you're doing, and email your lecturers if possible letting them know too. First one is a priority though.

Pretty sure I came across some boardies at the ball. Good lads/ladies!

Omg, I was so embarrassed today :o I was talking to a guy who I thought was you and I was like "Hi, are you Mark from boards" and he was like "Err, what? I've no idea what your talking about mate, I'm Kev".

Awkward to say the least.... :o

Omg, I was so embarrassed today :o I was talking to a guy who I thought was you and I was like "Hi, are you Mark from boards" and he was like "Err, what? I've no idea what your talking about mate, I'm Kev".

hahahaha ye bewb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Ah i've had those moments. Me and Siomha met completely by accident and didnt realize both of us were on boards for ages :P

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

I'm the fellah that cornerd you in the jacks.

sorry about that..

Toshi101 wrote: »

I'm the fellah that cornerd you in the jacks.

sorry about that..
    What?.... O.O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

What?.... O.O

must have been somebody else...awkward.

Toshi101 wrote: »
    must have been somebody else...awkward.

In fairness I was completely rat-arséd so I don't quite remember anything to clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Walked through the arts block for the first time this week....Scary! I've been over in my computer lab all week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

kellief wrote: »
    Walked through the arts block for the first time this week....Scary! I've been over in my computer lab all week!!

Yeah, I'm out there for an hour a week, I think I might just refuse to go to that lecaure on the basis that I'm a science student and shouldn't be seen the McDonalds training center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

kellief wrote: »
    Spent many hours procrastinating writing my thesis and studying in that lab (one of my best friends did the same course as you)! I wonder is the code still the same :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I think you're the only boardie I've ran into and even then that was brief :p

Maths assignment has me confused on two of the questions. GOD DAMN YOU MATHS! TO THE MC I GO!

EDIT: Make that 3 questions ;____;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Arggghh I think I'm well late as usual but only discovered this thread now! Shur I may as well introduce meself despite it being two weeks in...

Name: Eggy

Course: Law (LLB)

Interests: Politics, Airsoft, reading, writing, drinking, pool :)

Anti-interests: Work

Currently: Fighting an epic battle with procrastination...tomorrow.

Did my first few assignments over the weekend. Was hung over from a Saturday out but pulled through. Doing Law assignments makes me feel professional :p Didn't manage to head out on freshers week due to lack of digs unfortunately but I plan to make up for it in the foreseeable future.

See youse around!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

I've got my first English seminar today in English seminar room 1. Is that in IONTAS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

I've got my first English seminar today in English seminar room 1. Is that in IONTAS?
    yes!

Advertisement